Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mmobomb.com F2P Final Showdown Megathread (Victory & Never Forget Edition)

Letter13

So here are some puns I thought of.

-The competition just became... Smitten.

-Looks like they just met their... AirMatch.

-I guess APB needs a Reload.

-Winter just got a lot less Never.

-I suppose this means we're... Vindicated.

-How the **** do you make a pun from Mabinogi?

+1

I'm glad we did it. Had to sleep only 4 hours this night because of how thrilling the contest was.

I still remember how I went in game chat (Russian) 2 hours before deadline and started spamming voting link with a few of other guys. People were like "WTF are you talking about?" and once we explained the situation hype in chat began to grow and the votes started gaining speed. Probably the same happened in other region's chats.

And my avatar finally switched! This day is full of good news!

Edited by Repligon

I still remember how I went in game chat (Russian) 2 hours before deadline and started spamming voting link with a few of other guys. People were like "WTF are you talking about?" and once we explained the situation hype in chat began to grow and the votes started gaining speed. Probably the same happened in other region's chats.

wow good work ! thats the sorta thing that prob got us over the line

tenno bros foreverrrrrrr !!

213n.jpg

In The final hours - our morale was none, our bodies exhausted and our defeat was approaching.

However this is not a fate we were unprepared for, so as we sat, our skanas on our thighs, ready to accept our defeat with honour, and be defeated as warriors.

Then we realised, we weren't gods, we were more than that - we were the protectors of balance.  As we came to realise this, we took to arms in one last ditch attempt where we attacked the gods and won.

All respect to those in the SMITE community who has taken this event with  dignity unlike others in which defeat has left such a bitter taste on their tongue, it was an outcome that even we are surprised at.

Edited by DarkHybridWolf

Good to see we won it in the end, regardless of close it was. Well done Tenno!

That said, somewhat disappointing we seemed to lose a significiant chunk more votes than smite as a result of botted votes, especially considering it was the opposite of the Mabinogi poll. I guess thats a result of people getting overhyped though.

i would love to see a CGI movie with a giant battle between hunderds of SMITE's gods and warframes. (not gonna happen i know, but i can dream right? :P)

Too bad SMITE Isn't on Steam, otherwise someone could probably make something like this with SFM (source film maker).

Truly, we are an amazing community. It's been nearly twelve hours since our victory and I'm still awestruck at how we took the lead. In the final six hours we amassed over twenty thousand votes, overtaking Smite just half an hour before the poll ended.

I cannot begin to describe how close or how tense it was or how much hype had amassed in the final hour.

What a community. What an awesome community. It is an honor for me to be a member of it, and our victory fills me with all manner of Tenno pride.