Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Were You When They Actually Named Them .... The Dark Sector! (Dark Sectors Megathread)

Mak_Gohae

I mean. Wtf? Omg omg omg here. So they finally did it. Btw I think a mega merge is coming

Check the latest PlayWarframe video on youtube to see what i am talking about

Btw Dark Sector is an old DE( digital extremes ) game and warframe is honorary successor to it for most.

Edited by Cemges

I didnt think you would actually name it that when someone suggested it, but I like it and it gave me a good laugh. Just wanted to say Good Job lol

link to video

PS. People getting all upity and "oh its just a reuse of the name", "it was decided a long time ago probably" 

there was no guarantee that was gonna be the name and there is no reason to start getting in a huff over people enjoying/getting a laugh out of the fact that it actually ended up being the name. Yes its been used before, etc. we know calm down

Edited by Ecotox

Or we could use our brains and realize that Badlands was likely just a development name and odds are the decision to call them Dark Sectors on release was made a long time ago. That youtube video wasn't put together in fifteen minutes.

The thread requesting the rename is shy of a week old, plus the only changes made were to the text, so i doubt that took long

Or we could use our brains and realize that Badlands was likely just a development name and odds are the decision to call them Dark Sectors on release was made a long time ago. That youtube video wasn't put together in fifteen minutes.

it was suggested to call it that a long time ago (the one i know of at least) and I didnt think it would actually happen, no need to get nasty with people for no reason. Let people say their piece and enjoy the name.

Edited by Ecotox

Well its a possibility. But I guess its a good thing that the players and DE are kind of on the same page about something.

You know that the "Cold-War era game" that Dark Sector became was based on the pitch that DE gave for a higher-sci-fi game based at the edge of the "Solar Rail" system and the "Dark Sector" beyond right?

For generations we slept, along an infinite coastline, but the waters did recede, and we burst forth like seeds. Outward, along the solar rails, until we came, at last, to the shores of Pluto and the final, dreadful, rail. Leading nowhere, into nothing, into, the Dark Sector.

It's not an homage, it's literally the previous use of the name.

Edited by SilentMobius