Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So What Are The Benefits For Playing/completing Missions In Badlands?

Guest khk6

Im not talking about the clan vs clan part, but the node itself that clans are going to compete for.

If i recall it was talked about in devstream as a map with ''more rare resource'' and ''tougher enemies''.

Personally, Im hoping that void keys are obtainable in badlands...its nice to have other ways to farm void keys besides the same old survival or defence.

A potential mission on one of these nodes:

The entire level in the mission that takes place on a "Badlands" node is constructed entirely of nanospores. 

The enemies are nanospore blobs. 

All loot are nanospores. 

The drop table for all enemies are nanospores. 

Your end missions rewards are nanospores.

In fact, if there was a boss on a node, it would be nothing but a disgusting physical mass that looms over you Shadow of the Colossus style. 

It will be named "The Spore".

It drops Primed Chamber.

All the nanospores! :D http://tinyurl.com/2g9mqh 

Edited by yuio678

P.S. Towards the Void key idea... (Potential t4 key drop locations... COUGH**)

Also yes they did say that they were thinking about t4 keys in a previous stream. Unsure which one but it was before the one yesterday i believe.

I hope that i can finally breach the 10k mark on oxium ^___^

FML... all i wanted was a bird girl... now i'm in love with ospreys.... 

In my opinion "Badlands" are released with U13 'coz devs were not sure how to finalize this feature....

Give it to players, let them play through it for a month or two, gather feedback, make changes to release IT'S FINAL FORM! HAHA!

Seriously, they could do "Badlands" so much better than it seems to be. Personally, the parts I love are: the fact that we get special Orokin Lab for this with possibility to open shutters and watch whole solar rail construction site(it was just WOW! moment during last stream), the fact alliances can compete for the ownership of each node(lil'piece of space^^), the fact that some politics are coming into the game.

Things I dislike till now: the fact we are going to fight orokin defenders(wtf? since when we get a help for Neural Sentry- lore wise?), the fact that normal Badlands missions seem to be just normal missions with higher resource rewards. 

Maybe I will be surprised, maybe devs have something amaizing hidden there, maybe Solar Rail tower is a new, original Tenno based tileset with some original AI defenders based on Orokin robotics, maybe badlands will have fantastic maps with &#!-kicking environmental hazards.... who knows. 

Whenever I hear from devs that "Badlands" are about rarer enemies and more resources I am all alike : "meh! I don't need that shiat."

The way I see it ALL the future content crafting prices will be balanced around the idea that everyone is running Badlands so those who refuse to participate will have to farm in regular content till their eyes bleed while the rest of players will be getting resources in the Badlands at a reasonable pace. There's probably gonna be some special resources hidden in Badlands as well (Actuators?).

So your benefits will be less grind

Edited by WhisperByte

All they've said is better drop rates on existing resources, and more importantly no exclusive rewards. That about it.

In short, no reason to play them all unless they are contested. Even that will be old fast.