Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Exactly Was Fury Nerfed Again?

Phobose

So DE made choices for us, about our gameplay, for our entertainment?

My update isn't even finished but Melee 2.0 is sounding more like a turn-off then the revamp they promised.

It would be great if the stances were actually reliably obtainable in a few hours.  If they were I'd have no complaints, as it is I am really glad I don't have to mod for charge and normal damage.

Was just on Loki with Berserker + Fury + spoiled strike, and the attack speed on a Galatine was really fast, like crazy quick so yeah I'd imagine it's done to make combos achievable.

I maxed out the attack speed on both my orthos prime and my ether daggers and i havent had the slightest difficulty performing these combos

I still think it was a wrong choice to go with. I do understand why they did it though. Spoiled strike still in my eyes need balancing on the negative end. To remove 20 and only leave you 10% is terrible for some of the heavier weapons.

Fury at 30% already makes it hard to use combos. I imagine with 90% it would have been completely @(*()$ impossible.

Then just don't use it at 90%. Not hard.

They are common enough that you'd be able to have one at every rank.

They shouldn't nerf because some people can't or don't want to take the time to master really fast combos.

Also, if we want to theorize that combo speed is why they nerfed fury, then may i remind you all that volts speed skill increases melee attack speed.  So if they nerfed fury for that reason, they would have nerfed volts skill also.  But it is a serious nerf, 50% loss of attack speed, and no other mods besides a corrupted to make up for the loss.

Today I put on my ether reaper "non potatoed" and put pressure point, jagged edge, spoiled strike on it to test the combos for a stance mod.  Good God was the attack speed slow, all fury does now is make up for the loss for spoiled strike, and not much more.  Also the changes to rending strike are ridiculous imo.  I can get a unpotatoed ceramic dagger up to 260+ puncture and still have awesome attack speed with no fury on it.  But with ether reaper you can get around 230 or so with all the damage mods for slash and pure damage.  In my opinion Rending strike is a problem, it makes puncture damage really really strong, and since the attack speed is so high, you dont even need to wear fury.