Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Exactly Was Fury Nerfed Again?

Phobose

I didn't notice.  And since I didn't notice, I won't even make a big deal out of it lol

Yeah I agree with you.  People here are trying to present a false problem.  DE had to nerf almost all weapon attack speeds.  Dual zorens got nerfed down to 1.2 attack speed.  But guess what?  With a fury mod, they still feel the same before melee 2.0.  Seriously, it seems like you guys are complaining because you can't be overpowered because we still attack just as fast as we did before.  

Likely for two reasons:

1. Combos would be impossible, as stated

2. Zorencoptering. With max fury and volt's speed active, my Zoren cleared the ravine/crevasse tile on the Corpus outpost tileset in one swing. Now that every weapon can do it, +60% attack speed would make coptering a bit silly.

Edited by MechNexus

Fury at 30% already makes it hard to use combos. I imagine with 90% it would have been completely @(*()$ impossible.

You know you could just NOT maxed your fury instead of dragging down everyone to your level.

Likely for two reasons:

1. Combos would be impossible, as stated

2. Zorencoptering. With max fury and volt's speed active, my Zoren cleared the ravine/crevasse tile on the Corpus outpost tileset in one swing. Now that every weapon can do it, +90% attack speed would make coptering a bit silly.

Where are you people getting 90%?

It was 60%. And if you follow the same setup as everyone else, it was really 40%, due to Spoiled Strike taking 20% away, which remains untouched.

That is the reason most people are irritated about this. 10% Speed Boost.

You know you could just NOT maxed your fury instead of dragging down everyone to your level.

You mean you want to stay at the level of achieving unrealistically fast speeds that will break the game?  I guarantee you that it will happen if DE kept the fury boost at 60%.

Where are you people getting 90%?

It was 60%. And if you follow the same setup as everyone else, it was really 40%, due to Spoiled Strike taking 20% away, which remains untouched.

That is the reason most people are irritated about this. 10% Speed Boost.

This. If you don't like attack fast then don't rank up your fury. It's a bit selfish slowing down everyone just because you can't handle comboing with it

You mean you want to stay at the level of achieving unrealistically fast speeds that will break the game? I guarantee you that it will happen if DE kept the fury boost at 60%.

Over exaggerate much? It's no where near game breaking. It's just fun. It's just 30% more swing speed than currently bonus for god sake. Stop trying to manifest it.

Edited by Neogeo

Over exaggerate much? It's no where near game breaking. It's just fun.

The point is that people like you are complaining that everything feels so slow when, in reality, we the pace of the gameplay feels practically the same with the nerf.  If I recall, 1.2 attack speed is currently the fastest attack speed in the game which is significantly lower compared to 1.8 in melee 1.0.  However, the pacing feels just as fast since DE added more combo and attacks to provide more hits, smoother animations, etc.  Since the attack speed range has been lowered, DE has to nerf the mod in order for it to scale well.  Most people did not even notice the difference in attack speed until they noticed the nerf on paper.

Edited by LobsterFiend

The point is that people like you are complaining that everything feels so slow when, in reality, we the pace of the gameplay feels practically the same with the nerf.  If I recall, 1.2 attack speed is currently the fastest attack speed in the game which is significantly lower compared to 1.8 in melee 1.0.  However, the pacing feels just as fast since DE added more combo and attacks to provide more hits, smoother animations, etc.  Since the attack speed range has been lowered, DE has to nerf the mod in order for it to scale well.  Most people did not even notice the difference in attack speed until they noticed the nerf on paper.

Really, cause I noticed the attack speed difference immediately, especially since I still don't have any stance mods. So now I have to rely on crits with my melee to benefit from Berseker.

We need Fury back at 60%.

The point is that people like you are complaining that everything feels so slow when, in reality, we the pace of the gameplay feels practically the same with the nerf. If I recall, 1.2 attack speed is currently the fastest attack speed in the game which is significantly lower compared to 1.8 in melee 1.0. However, the pacing feels just as fast since DE added more combo and attacks to provide more hits, smoother animations, etc. Since the attack speed range has been lowered, DE has to nerf the mod in order for it to scale well. Most people did not even notice the difference in attack speed until they noticed the nerf on paper.

The problem isnt the drastic nerf on attack speed but more so on spoiled strike. Ive stopped using it entirely on the heavier weapons due to the large drawback compared to fury now. 10% isn't enough. I use the ether daggers aswell the slowest dagger set so far I needed the attack speed increase for my daggers. Its a pain in the &#! to get started in invisibility aswell as fighting unstealthed with those things.

Edited by Phobose

I assume they did it so it would be easier to do the combos. 

even if that was their intention, they should have mentioned it in the patch notes, not sneak it in and hope we don't notice. they should have also reduce the amount that mods like spoiled strike reduce speed by to balance it out. not cool DE.

even if that was their intention, they should have mentioned it in the patch notes, not sneak it in and hope we don't notice. they should have also reduce the amount that mods like spoiled strike reduce speed by to balance it out. not cool DE.

Yup, I agree. Spoiled strike isn't worth it anymore.

"dragging down everyone to your level"?

Dude, they buffed the crap out of every melee weapon in the game and vastly improved the Coptering on every weapon that isn't the Zorens or Scoliacs. Nobody was dragged down; you're all complaining about being "nerfed" when the fact remains that nothing of the sort happened. Melee is stronger, and, literally two melee weapons aside, coptering is stronger.

Edited by SortaRandom