Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Exactly Was Fury Nerfed Again?

Phobose

It was nerfed because attack speed now heavily depends on stance. Some stances give you ridiculous speed.. slapping 60% fury on top of that would be gamebreaking.

That said.. some of the slow combos are REALLY slow for no reason. They should probably speed some of the up a bit.. but that's for another topic.

It was nerfed because attack speed now heavily depends on stance. Some stances give you ridiculous speed.. slapping 60% fury on top of that would be gamebreaking.

That said.. some of the slow combos are REALLY slow for no reason. They should probably speed some of the up a bit.. but that's for another topic.

No one is telling people to max out fury all the time - it's about customization, letting the players decide how quickly they attack. If they can't keep up with the pace of fury at its current setting, they can get another mod and put it at a rate they can handle. Some people's brains can process information faster than others' due to a variety of factors, so it would be best to let each person make their loadout according to their own psychological profile. What others call "gamebreaking" is merely subjective (the opinion of an individual), while others would consider it "just right" - another subjective viewpoint.

The fang primes, for instance, are so slow now that I've stopped using them. However, others may think they're just right and we will never agree on this issue. Yet, this does not mean either viewpoint is invalid, therefore the best option for the company would be to leave fury to max out at 60 percent, giving me faster speed, yet letting this guy fight slower if that's all he can handle, leaving it up to him to be responsible to keep his mods at levels he/she can handle.

But, the stances and such can be altered to maintain a consistent speed across them all so fury will have an equal impact upon them.

Didn't they add a new Attack speed mod called Quickening? isn't that enough with the Fury and Berserker we have now I mean, I attack absurdly fast I just shred through mobs.

Sadly thats only activated through channeling.

"dragging down everyone to your level"?

Dude, they buffed the crap out of every melee weapon in the game and vastly improved the Coptering on every weapon that isn't the Zorens or Scoliacs. Nobody was dragged down; you're all complaining about being "nerfed" when the fact remains that nothing of the sort happened. Melee is stronger, and, literally two melee weapons aside, coptering is stronger.

This has nothing to do with melee buff. This is you can't combo with 60% fury and wanted to nerf the speed for everyone else. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Don't screw everyone else and burn down kitchen! Edited by Neogeo

This has nothing to do with melee buff. This is you can't combo with 60% fury and wanted to nerf the speed for everyone else. If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen. Don't screw everyone else and burn down kitchen!

What?

Edited by SortaRandom

Funny, I can handle combos with my Dragon Nikana when Valkyr's maxed powerstrenght Warcry is active...which means super fast! And it could have been even faster. It totally felt like DMC. This Fury nerf was totally unjustified. I instantly noticed the nerf on my Ichor as well, stopped using it completely, it's just too slow now. It's not my fault that some people can't keep up. Dragging us down forcefully to slow level, not cool at all. Don't max Fury out then, problem solved. And DE should stop with the $&*&*#(%& ninja nerfs or at least write them in the @(*()$ PATCH NOTES!

Edited by Momo93

Im gonna have to agree with the fury nerf being unjustified.  Jat kittag is so freekin slow now I can barely stand to use it.  And giving us a corrupt mod that gives attack speed while channeling just drains our energy to get our attack speed up enough like the majority of people like it to be.  The best way to remedy this nerf would be to add in a nightmare mod for attack speed + ? so we have another option than mods that require channeling or require critical hits.

If you think thats wrong, well look at damage mods for puncture now, there is rending strike, sundering strike, spoiled strike, and pressure point, bringing the damage of the ceramic dagger to a staggering 267 puncture damage or so.  With awesome attack speed even without fury on it.  Now compare that to Jat kittag, with 380 or so damage with the impact rare, spoiled strike, and pressure point, but the attack speed is so low it does much much less dps than the dagger.  

Conclusion, I think it needs some fine tuning DE.

its probably to slow down attacks enough to be able to do combos

That actually sounds like a good idea. I wonder if that's what they had in mind.

It's not a good idea.

It's a necessity caused by a bad one.

Like it or not.

Coptering is here to stay.

Nerfing fury has a direct effect of slowing down coptering.

And that is BAD.

Not sure what you mean... I can copter better than ever.

The real question is why does pointed wind actually significantly slow down (and thus dramatically decrease the dps) daggers?

Edited by Bakim0n0

its probably to slow down attacks enough to be able to do combos

Then why add in Quickening mod? Increases Attack Speed but decreases channeling efficiency. Sounds more like a swift kick in the nuts to me.

Oh sure, we can get more attack speed, but now we have to reduce channeling efficiency AND use up ANOTHER mod slot.