Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Exactly Was Fury Nerfed Again?

Phobose

But it is a serious nerf, 50% loss of attack speed, and no other mods besides a corrupted to make up for the loss.

It went from 60% to 30%, that's a 30% loss. Guess what? Quickening gives you 20% at max. Throw on Berserker, or use Valkyr or Volt, and you're surpapssing the speed of the 1.0 fury. And no, Quickening isn't a corrupted mod. It's a channeling mod.

I only felt it on Jat, even then I only used Jat for the Hammer Spin. On most other weapons I don't feel it at all since the animations feel right. Fury only matters if you don't care about Melee 2.0, Combos, or any of that, and simply want to continue spamming.

Without stance mods, melee 2.0 ruined melee for me.   I used charged attacks with all my melee weapons except dual zorens and dual ichors.  The rest of my melee weapon choices where all weapons that had good charge stats (damage, crit chance, status chance etc.)   Now no more charged attacks and lack of stance mods dropping makes me not even bother using melee at all other than to block incoming damage (helps on weak frames now).  

However, melee isn't the only thing that received a nerf.   Something is clearly wrong with gun's weapon damage across the board as well as some frames powers.   I just can't explain how my penta that did 10,000 base damage to ODD infested before U13 and now it's doing 3,500 afterwards....or 5,000 when it crits when I would easily do 17,000+ when it crit before.    Same goes for my dread that easily got 16,000 critical hits when hitting head or weak spots, it's now only doing 6,000 to 8,000 crits.   Nova's anitmatter drop doesn't kill enemies like It did before U13 depsite the fact I'm using it the exact say way on the exact same targets of the exact same level as before.    I've dropped AMD at the feet of 5 enemies surrounding me within 5 meters and only 2 die and almost always one of them never takes damage at all (or at least damage numbers aren't displaying).   These are normal node enemies level 20 to 35, not 40+.   

So overall, it's not just the nerfing of melee mods, but something more is going on with the game whether bugs or stealth nerfs...either way everything feels a lot weaker in this update than previous builds of the game.   That might be a good thing though...but I'm not complaining, I'm just making observations.  

I also didn't like the Fury mod nerf much, since I was using it to buff my attack speeds for all of my weapons.

However, having pretty much went Sword Alone since the update, I actually don't find the Fury nerf significant at all. The fact that ALL melee hits hit much harder now means that I don't have to spec for attack speed to get mileage on my weapons.

When I was doing the Nereid invasion earlier (the one with the Catalyst vs Reactor reward) I actually loaded an unstanced Bo with Spoiled Strike and Fury, which gives me only a 20% Attack Speed bonus total. In Melee 1.0, my Bo was only barely adequate even with a +60% Attack Speed bonus, let alone the 40% resulting from Spoiled Strike's nerf.

With said Bo, I cleared the Invasion using Melee only faster than I did using my guns, and didn't die once. So I can't really share the exaggerated opinion here that Melee 2.0 is a "nerf" just because Fury was nerfed, especially given that they buffed a lot of stuff about Melee to compensate.  

Why didn't they hand out a bunch of legendary cores like they did last time?!

Because mod ranks were not decreased on the mod, and even if they were, it cost very, very little to max out that mod anyways.

Quoting myself from another thread.

I'm actually happy they're bringing melee attack speeds down.  They were kind of ridiculous before, and would look really stupid with the new combo animations.

Agreed. I'm fairly certain that looking stupid is a large part of why it was nerfed (although they kind of forgot to hit Berserker as well).
Notice how we don't get the tiny-rhino-legs-twirling-at-ten-million-miles-an-hour anymore when coptering with any weapon. Notice that we can't swing around a massive two-handed hammer like it's a rolled-up newspaper anymore.

Melee 2.0 decreased the speed of weapons, but made them all look less stupid and buffed the entire system tenfold to make up for it. I am in full support of this change.

Edited by SortaRandom

Eh, if they were nerfing things "Because it looked stupid".

Coptering and sprint-sliding would be gone too.

Notice how we don't get the tiny-rhino-legs-twirling-at-ten-million-miles-an-hour anymore when coptering with any weapon.

One step at a time.

Just like how they can't quash all bugs with a single hotfix, they can't remove all stupid-looking things with a single update.

Edited by SortaRandom

One step at a time.

Just like how they can't quash all bugs with a single hotfix, they can't remove all stupid-looking things with a single update.

AFAIK Coptering is something the devs don't intend to remove, given that when asked they said Coptering would still be in the game.

AFAIK Coptering is something the devs don't intend to remove, given that when asked they said Coptering would still be in the game.

Again:

Notice how we don't get the tiny-rhino-legs-twirling-at-ten-million-miles-an-hour anymore when coptering with any weapon.

It's not coptering that's the problem. It's how stupid it looks looked.
Edited by SortaRandom

I don't know if you noticed but some weapon is HELL fast ,But for some reason that I do not understand classic melee atk = faster than the one you pull out....

I've tried spamming some weapons, fast by default: Orthos Prime, Ichors, Kogake-- with Fury and Berserker.

They're so fast even without damage mods, they kill, but I can't execute combo on Ichors and Kogake since they're too fast.

As much as i loved the super fast attack speed all the time i'm not that opposed to the "nerf".

I can see why they reduced it by a significant amount (maybe a little too much imo) seems to me like whilst you have your melee weapon equipped your putting all power to each strike hence the much slower attack speed than the quick draw whilst you have either primary or secondary equipped even with a maxed out Fury.

Your quick attacks whilst you have primary and secondary equipped is still pretty super fast with the reduced 30% Fury though.

Time to show my Volt some love then. 

attack speed did need a small nerf,previously i could usually put out a full combo(standard unequipped) from a heavy weapon in under a second. even now I sometimes mistime the pause to initiate the combos. might just be me though.

qBzT8Lk.png?1  miVtbYi.png?1

First is only active during Channeling mode.

Second is only active with Critical hits.

I would like my Fury returned to where it was at, thanks. It was fine as it was.

Agreed, I'd rather have one efficient speed mod than multiple speed mods that rely on crits and channeling. They only take up space and weaken the weapon more than anything.

Edited by Bro_Z