Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"the Tenno Stand United Against A Common Foe."

Well, if you want to cultivate the most toxic and egocentric type of gameplay communities, sure, go right ahead.

Spoiler: We're witnessing the birth of it right now.

Oh right... it would be much more interesting to just make Tenno into these glorious saviours of the entire galaxy that come overcome their differences and come together to beat the bad guys (in this case "beat" means slaughter milions of them) and then live together happily ever after under the rainbow.

I'm sure that kind of narrative would make the community insanely friendly.

I wonder what will Tenno do after they kill ALL of the enemies... have tea parties? Open a small shop? Maybe a police work... saving kittens or something. Or maybe get frozen again waiting for another mess to clean up.

U32: Reintegrating superpowered mass murdering killer machines into peaceful society

Edited by LocoWithGun

We're united when necessary. I think the Events do a good job of showing that no matter how often the Tenno butt heads, we still need to keep the other factions of the Solar System in check and we do it damn well - if you need a meta example of this, see the MMOBomb competition and megathread.

In the meantime, we've got reexpanding to do and lost memories to rediscover, plus we're individuals. Of course we'll argue and fight each other, but these are less hostile conflicts than some of the bigger things we deal with, like Gradvius and Valkyr.

This.

It's not like Rhino is gonna retire and open a small bakery. 

O_o

This needs to be a thing... right now... 

Artists we need a Rhino with a chef hat and an apron holding a mixing bowl and stirring something in it.  

Make it happen :D

And while you're at it, make sure nobody has an opinion.  That would be terrible. 

You're allowed to have an opinion. It's even cool you want to give me a hard time about trying to make up some excuse this stuff could work in-game. But don't expect me to not give you a hard time right back.

Next frame: Peace! With such powers as Protest sign: you hold a protest sign in the air. Annoy the masses: any other warframe that runs past you has its screen locked on you for 3 seconds. Flower power: your screen gets kinda hazy, your energy slowly drains, and you forget what mission you were on. Make peace not war: you sit down and accomplish nothing. You can't equip guns or melee weapons. Has a movement speed of .5 because life isn't a race.

Gradivus Dilemma. The Tenno have been picking sides for some time.

Aye, "Grand Admiral", but regardless of what side we picked we would've been screwing pretty heavily with our enemies anyway; it just so happens that with Valkyr on the line the Corpus needed to be put down more.

You're allowed to have an opinion. It's even cool you want to give me a hard time about trying to make up some excuse this stuff could work in-game. But don't expect me to not give you a hard time right back.

To be fair, you did respond to a serious question with a joke. People get irritated from that, I hear.

Edited by ZephyrPhantom

"Regardless of their future, the Tenno stand united against a common foe, loyal only to each other."

Well..

Not anymore.

494.gif

Dark Sectors have really shown the Community's true colors and I have finally realized that a lot of Tenno are selfish (I know I am late at this realization)

I'm not trying to give you a hard time about it.  I'm saying that we can't really excuse this stuff when the only lore we have says that the Tenno stand as a united faction.  You can't make bricks without clay.

Gradivus Dilemma. The Tenno have been picking sides for some time.

Technically, they weren't really picking sides.  They were prioritizing; Lotus herself says as much at the end of the conflict. 

I'd like to think that Dark Sector conflicts are literally just Tenno getting bored, and looking to each other for challenges.  It's all banter, really.  Besides, notice how you only fight specters?  The Lotus forbids we kill each other. 

I think, that literally, Tenno are just so good at fighting that they just arent challenged by grineer or Corpus or Infested.  So they just spar with each other.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time about it.  I'm saying that we can't really excuse this stuff when the only lore we have says that the Tenno stand as a united faction.  You can't make bricks without clay.

Well, let's be honest. That scrap of lore is old as dirt now and honestly it has been steamrolled by events like Gradivus and with features like Dark Sectors and the upcoming Faction Rep.

DE has needed to give lore a second pass for such a long time. Literally anything you choose to believe is just as accurate as what anyone else chooses for the most part. There isn't enough to go on that hasn't just become outdated by the reality of whats happening in-game.

One guy's head canon is just as good as anyone elses.

Aye, "Grand Admiral", but regardless of what side we picked we would've been screwing pretty heavily with our enemies anyway; it just so happens that with Valkyr on the line the Corpus needed to be put down more.

"The Corpus shall Rise AGAIN"

Well, let's be honest. That scrap of lore is old as dirt now and honestly it has been steamrolled by events like Gradivus and with features like Dark Sectors and the upcoming Faction Rep.

DE has needed to give lore a second pass for such a long time. Literally anything you choose to believe is just as accurate as what anyone else chooses for the most part. There isn't enough to go on that hasn't just become outdated by the reality of whats happening in-game.

O the good old days were you and me would be on my stream talking about lore. Now I just cry about it :'(

Edited by Gravefire

If they tried to work everything into Lore now, they would probably make the Tenno come off as schizophrenic, since their actions have been inconsistent, to say the last.  Maybe that's completely fitting, but they need to focus on lore now that there are no glaring issues with gameplay, melee 1.0 having been the last one.

Well when a species begins to adopt their own sense of individuality, of course they're gonna be conflicted among themselves. They're not gonna see eye to eye on anything. We still unite against the bigger threats of the Solar System, but we also have internal conflicts as a consequence of our growing individuality.

If they tried to work everything into Lore now, they would probably make the Tenno come off as schizophrenic, since their actions have been inconsistent, to say the last.  Maybe that's completely fitting, but they need to focus on lore now that there are no glaring issues with gameplay, melee 1.0 having been the last one.

On this we agree. Game needs to have a proper system of 'Who, What, When, Where, Why?'

Well... this can go multiple ways. They can either make excuses in the lore.. or they can embrace it and include it in the lore. The first alternative seems like a copout to me... the other route is much more interesting. Maybe Lotus is losing her grip on the Tenno.. she's more like guide than authority. We woke up a long time ago, out memories gone.. so we went a long with her advice. But now that we've been around for a while...

Yo remember when we murdered a scientist for trying to cure a degenerative genetic disease

First of all, Tyl Regor was nuttier than a horde of squirrels in a vat of peanut butter.  Second of all, it wasn't a disease, it was a side effect of the thousands of clones they were churning out to subjugate the crap out of everybody else in the solar system.  Thirdly, Regor was going to make the Grineer immortal, which would have made it a bit of a problem to break their stranglehold on the system.