Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Horrified

psyanide

Last night I was forced to gun down a number of individuals who looked for all the multiverse like my Tenno bretheren.

I gather that these are Specters... Fair enough - What are Specters?

Surely they are not actual Tenno on an opposing front? Surely we have not come to this, this uncivilized infighting barely a year after our re-awakening?

And for what? Greed?

This has damned near all the flavors of The Great Betrayal, The Horus Heresy. All we need now is a disgruntled leader to rise from our upper echelons and oppose the will and methods of The Lotus, and the vision of a new Golden Age will be lost.

Is the truth is that we have run out of worthy opponents? All have fallen in the face of our immortal, wanton fury. Who is left but ourselves to prove our mettle against? To test our skills against?

The most disturbing aspect of all of this? After the first one, it got easier. After that, it became fun. Brothers, I feel our fall to Chaos is close at hand...

Violence for the sake of violence,

Skulls for the Skull Throne...

Edited by psyanide

Lord of the flies, in the island we call our solar system.

But here? No one is coning to save us. We will devour one another- meat and bones, all- until only one tenno remains.

And he will rule the solar system.

Alone.

Forever.

I think the weird part about this is Lotus just calmly narrate this as another mission. It would be better if the clan leader to contact us rather Her

Doesn't this already happen? I saw a Rhino-Prime head transmission pop-up during my mission and thought that was really cool. 

But yeah I completely agree. Lotus guidance needs to be completely removed from these, for the sake of lore.

She calmly narrates everything. Kind of her thing. Big on the understatements.

"Tenno, a million lives hang in the balance, you must divert this ship at all costs, or the souls that will perish shall be without count! We have mere minutes to save them, or all is lost! May your blade strike true, for the hopes of an entire world ride upon its keen edge"? Nah.

"Deliver the the payload to reroute this ship." Strictly business.

I'm under the vague impression "WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE! HURRY THE @#$#@$ UP!" would be the words we'd hear from most people, when she delivers her little "You're nearing the objective. Keep it up." to remind you there's a mission to be done.

That aside, yeah, it creeped the heck out of me too. Esp. as the first one I saw was when I joined another group mid-match, and watched them murder it as soon as I loaded in. "WAS THAT A PLAYER??? WTF?"

Doesn't this already happen? I saw a Rhino-Prime head transmission pop-up during my mission and thought that was really cool. 

But yeah I completely agree. Lotus guidance needs to be completely removed from these, for the sake of lore.

Not quite. According to what we're told, we HAVE to disable one of the two rails, or else they'll both explode. I imagine "killing everyone nearby as the planet is swallowed into the void" is a decent tag on that.

So yeah, she has a vested interest in making sure something blows up, PRONTO.

I reflect on my own attitude during gameplay and find it interesting when compared to the thought process of the protagonist Space Marines' in the books.

The result is the similar - at first, disbelief. Then indecision. Then the enemy REALLY starts shooting at your head and you respond in kind. Soon the process shifts, however. Whenever you see one after the initial shock has worn off, you HUNT THEM ACTIVELY.

A result of mixed emotions - of being insulted by the fact that they shot at you first AND the fact that they seem more deserving of your martial ability. It is more FUN to go up against someone that puts up more of a fight.

Very, VERY Chaos v.s. Loyalists 

Not quite. According to what we're told, we HAVE to disable one of the two rails, or else they'll both explode. I imagine "killing everyone nearby as the planet is swallowed into the void" is a decent tag on that.

So yeah, she has a vested interest in making sure something blows up, PRONTO.

OK, so we are whole-sale building what are, essentially, super-structures that tear open all consuming rifts into The Void when mistreated, then proceeding to have wars inside of them right next to populated planets...

Does not seem very responsible behavior for us "Guardians of Balance"

Edited by psyanide

But again, WHO ARE THEY???

If they ARE (lorewise) actual Tenno that I am putting down, I am personally boycotting Dark Sector Conflicts. This is not what I signed up for.

Yes, I realize that I am being dramatic, but being kind of into the lore of a game adds a lot to the experience of playing it.

But again, WHO ARE THEY???

If they ARE (lorewise) actual Tenno that I am putting down, I am personally boycotting Dark Sector Conflicts. This is not what I signed up for.

Yes, I realize that I am being dramatic, but being kind of into the lore of a game adds a lot to the experience of playing it.

So far everything indicate towards that yes they are other Tennos, so yes we are killing our own brothers for trinkets. After we saved our fellow Tenno from the Fusion moa event, after we stop Alad mad plans, this is where we end, at each others throat for junk. Wonder who is the guy responsible for the lore part that let this slip trough...

It would make a bit more sense if instead of killing the Specters, we would stun them for the duration of the mission. Maybe something like automatically throwing the G3's stun-net over them, when their HP reached a certain percentage. It would at least be more humane.

Im pretty sure the specters we have been shooting are some kind of advanced AI hologram construct thingy. They have this weird blueish hue on them which makes me doubt that they are real tenno. For me the name also points in that direction. Anyway im not sure what they actually are but i do belive that they are not real Tenno. Hell the solar rail battles might even just be a sport for the Tenno.

Specters are some Advanced defense holograms, it's the only explanation that makes sense.

I'd agree but they are using Tenno powers and we have lore suggesting that the Tenno powers are completely unique to the Tenno, so much so that they could defeat the Sentients and the Orokin. Lorewise no system should be able to replicate that.

Maybe some computational system that a Nekros oversees, allowing them to channel and stabilize Shadows of the Dead without actually doing the killing.

Regardless, it's pretty much an abomination lorewise right now, I hope that changes.

Edited by SilentMobius

May I ask you what are you talking about? What spectres, where? Why, whaat?

They're located along with 'Guardian' variants of Fusion MOAs, Drones, and Corrupted Ospreys in Solar Rails. You encounter 'Spectre' versions of Tenno from the opposing clan in Solar Rail conflicts. They're not real Tenno, but they're pretty close copies.

Im pretty sure the specters we have been shooting are some kind of advanced AI hologram construct thingy. They have this weird blueish hue on them which makes me doubt that they are real tenno. For me the name also points in that direction. Anyway im not sure what they actually are but i do belive that they are not real Tenno. Hell the solar rail battles might even just be a sport for the Tenno.

I can replicate that glowing hue in-game by holding my channeling button. It is very visible on a Frame like Ember with the Immortal skin. Check it out.

Edited by psyanide

They're located along with 'Guardian' variants of Fusion MOAs, Drones, and Corrupted Ospreys in Solar Rails. You encounter 'Spectre' versions of Tenno from the opposing clan in Solar Rail conflicts. They're not real Tenno, but they're pretty close copies.

There's only a few variants so far (I think Excal, Loki, Rhino, Ember and Volt) with random player names of the clan/alliance controlling the rail you're attacking. I'm guessing later on, DE will add the remaining Warframes as Specters as well as perhaps customize the loadouts to match the player the Specter is emulating to his most used gear.

If so, my Specter would probably be an Ash using the Paris, Dual Vastos and Hate. (And at this rate, Dread, Despair and Dragon Nikana)