Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hallway Heroes : Bots Or Idiots?

Etsoree

Pretty much title. I know a lot of people don't communicate in-game, but there seriously be this many people who don't communicate or even bother taking other peoples' advice into account.

Does anyone ever just... join them, sadly? Get so fed up with not being able to kill anything yourself or get XP or drops that you just go and steal their own kills, then led the objectives die?

Humans.... So intelligent, yet there are those dumb hallway heroes that are holding us from achieving true greatness.

Nothing you can do really, because murder is illegal in most countries.

Edited by DMan128

I sometimes just alt+f4 out if a team is really, really bad. I like to stay by the pod though, even if other's are being idiots. If a team is annoying but not so bad I alt+f4, I just run the minimum time with them, and get out asap. I will let air run out, if they are really bad in survival. 5 minutes up, I'm at the extraction point. If a team is any good at all, I'll stay and go as long as they want to stay.

They are ignorant idiots that don't care about XP distribution or loot. All they care about is what brings them enjoyment which is just killing. In order to teach them a lesson make sure they don't get any enjoyment. So abandon the objective and kill closer to spawn then they can.

They are ignorant idiots that don't care about XP distribution or loot. All they care about is what brings them enjoyment which is just killing. In order to teach them a lesson make sure they don't get any enjoyment. So abandon the objective and kill closer to spawn then they can.

or, you know, explain to them why they should stay close to the objective?

or, you know, explain to them why they should stay close to the objective?

They don't listen. I yet have to see one that does.

HOW DARE THEY HAVE FUN PLAYING A VIDEO GAME!

I'm not supporting them, your reasoning is just really bad.

By taking the fun away from others. Yeah thats not selfish at all.

In survival I go and do my own thing, because half the time I am testing and they get in my way or I am trying to get away from the spammy nova or I am the spammy nova. Defense I tend to stay with the pod or somewhere in the vicinity of it.

By taking the fun away from others. Yeah thats not selfish at all.

Again I'm not supporting them, I'm just saying having fun is part of playing a game and you can't base an argument against someone in such a way.

Also just tell them to come back to the pod 9/10 times it works for me, it it doesn't I'll just find some place right next to the pod where I can steal their kills from a far.

If they die, don't revive them, and make sure nobody on ur squad does it either.

Don't defend the objective/pod, loose the mission on purpose to teach them a lesson, and quickly say a comment before you loose, its very worth.

If you can, outpower them, this is, fallow them and anticipate their camping/killing by spamming your ultimate, that usually does the trick, they give up after you outshine them 2 or 3 times in a row.

Depends on ability set... Then again wouldn't you do this if Rhino, and Nova was kill stealing? Plus... Melee man... We hate it when you whip out a gun. Why won't you let us beat them to death in.... STYLE! Cue the Jojo's Bizarre adventure pillar men song!

Edited by Arlayn

Pretty much this is what I do if there's a hallway hero or a shot blocker (player who tries to jump in front of you to keep you from getting kills): If it's a survival, I'll run off to a different area (if I'm the only one filling up life support, while everyone else is focusing on their kills, then I'll stop filling reactivating it). If it's a mobile defense or defense, like kappa or the ship-based defense missions, I'll do the same. If it's an Earth/Phobos defense and the player is a hallway hero, I'll stay near the pod. If they're trying to block my shots, I'll stop shooting. If they're not defending the pod (letting enemies shoot it while they run to the edge of the map), and I've told them to help defend the pod and they refuse, then I'll run to the exterior, get some kills, and let the mission fail. I'm at endgame, it doesn't hurt me to fail a mission or two. But keeping them from getting their rewards is a nice enough punishment for not being team players.