The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Trying To Get At Least Some Help On This Matter Again. (Video Showing The Issue At First Hand)

Detvix

This happens to me especially in the void, but not exclusively. Also, it only happens for about 10-20 seconds total and is gone for the a long time. Very patchy in its effect. Sometimes I'll get it every 10 minutes and sometimes I will get it maybe once every 4 hours.

I've noticed occasional stuttering too since U13, where everything will freeze for a split second and then start moving again. I've also had occasional issues trying to join a group, but once I was in everything seemed fine. I've defragged, made sure I had the latest Nvidia drivers, all the usual troubleshooting steps. My rig's plenty beefy enough for everything turned all the way up (GTX 780M, 32gb RAM, yadda yadda). Never had a single hiccup before U13.

Yo, bro....shouldn't you be turning on DX11? DX11 runs faster than DX9 on hardware that can run it...I know its unrelated...I was just wondering

I used to run the game in DX11 with no problem, but some patch (10.something) completely broke it for me. Since then, if I use DX11 + multi-threading, the game will infinitely hang on the first loading screen and the process stops responding. I started a ticket and they basically said "we have no idea what's wrong, just hope that it randomly gets fixed in a future patch". About that...

I can still run the game in DX11 if I turn multi-threading off, but my fps will drop below 15 if more than 10 enemies spawn. So, I just use DX9, there's not much difference anyway other than some minor bloom effects.

Edited by Ailith

I would just like to confirm that this does happen to me as well. I'm running a Nvidia  GTX 650 and I have most settings on.  it doesn't happen every match but only when loading into a game, enemies die, players join, players go down. but it's not happening 100% of the time

I noticed a thing about this last week.

My anti-virus was using 50% of my CPU. I decided to uninstall my anti-virus and install Avast!, and it fixed the issue. I'd advise you to see if you have any background programs running that's using a lot of processing power and close them. You can do it through the Task Manager. If you take this route, please let me know if it helps you, too.

I had a similar problem, but it was/is Chrome that eats up most of mine. But its probably because I have so many tabs open at all times.

The best solution I have found for fixing this issue:

-put local reflections on off

-put geometry level on medium or low

This is what has fixed my issues with Drivers crashing and I can run every mission smoothly. However you might consider upgrading or reverting to Windows 7 because ever since I did so I can use local reflections and max geometry level with no problem from my drivers but that might just be me. You can also consider lowering the graphic detail from your drivers. I hope this helps.

My PC has been doing the same thing. I would get into extremely low FPS at random moments. Before U13 I'd rarely if never have a FPS drop. (Core i5-4670k @ 3.4Ghz and Nvidia 760).  Turning off Nvidia PhysX Effects option seems to alleviate most of the frame rate issues. But when starting every mission now I take a few steps forwards, it freezes for 1-5 seconds and then I continue normally.

Edited by Judge_Hellboy

I have the same problem since U13. But it happens very rarely. Maybe in one of 50 missions.

When it happens:

1. I am joining the game and everything seems to be normal. (Host and the Internet are good.)
2. From one second to the other 0-1 FPS for 1 - 10 seconds.

I can not say what causes it because apparently it happens randomly.

Edited by Yetili

When you guys figure this out let us know. My brother can play skyrim at max setting and 60 fps, but he tanks on here.

Will do. When we come to some sort of conclusion I will post here again to confirm the status of the situation.

The best solution I have found for fixing this issue:

-put local reflections on off

-put geometry level on medium or low

This is what has fixed my issues with Drivers crashing and I can run every mission smoothly. However you might consider upgrading or reverting to Windows 7 because ever since I did so I can use local reflections and max geometry level with no problem from my drivers but that might just be me. You can also consider lowering the graphic detail from your drivers. I hope this helps.

Already tried all of this. Still the same outcome. Js says that my DxDiag looks fine and I'm going to be sending an EE.log when I get back from college so we should make some progress.

EDIT: already am using W7. I have literally tried everything.

Edited by Detvix

probably unrelated, but just to throw this out there:

several ISPs are intermittently throttling high-bandwidth customers recently, I myself went from 15-20 mps down / 5-10 mps up to barely 1-5 down/up

it affected everything i did online, gaming (huge ping/latency), browsing (couldn't watch Twitch, YT vids, etc)

goto speedtest to make sure, and complain if yer being throttled, if we dont complain, the ISPs will just continue this sort of passive aggressive anti-customer tactics to make more money and give less product/service

This has been happening to me since update 13 as well, but the game acted very similarly ever since update 10 or 11 I believe. I've been getting these.... sessions of short freezes after which the game would run fine. I've mentioned this on the forums before but I'm not sure any of the staff saw it. In any case, the difference I've been seeing now is that this now happens almost all the time when I join a mission or when I extract and it tends to happen that it ends in a disconnect as well. Before that these sessions of freezes would happen absolutely anywhere, even in the menus, but they never resulted in a disconnect.

Detvix, I must admit I am clueless at why it runs this way on your computer.

Could you run DxDiag on your computer and click Save All Information... and forward that to us ?

Also, could you try to grab me a EE.log, just to see if anything special show up in the logs

I'm not sure, I just don't have the knowledge to say this, but I suspect this being related to internet / connection stuff, not graphics card, graphics drivers, CPU, etc. Maybe there's something you guys can check on that matter?

The game is in dire need of a big netcode overhaul though as there are many other problems with it. Is that something you guys are working on?

for my experience .. once i built my pc and start playing warframe on it .. it was running so smooth .. no lag no fps drop at ALL .. but after U12 everything changed .. bad drop on the fps .. i cant stay too much in survivals because of that   the much i stay the much the drop .. and sometimes in normal maps and missions it drops to 30-40 and when im having a bad luck it might reach 15-20 fps .. it is the most annoying thing about warframe ... when it dose happen to me and reach that very low fps i just close the game and do something else .. searched on forums and i found many people are having the same issues as mine and before U13 comes out DE steve said they will do something in U13 about it ..  but it turns to be more bad each update ..

xontpd.png

and let me add one point .. personally i Built my pc just for warframe .. to enjoy the game with best settings 

http://www.gulfup.com/?SMj6bg

and here is my E.Elog 

Edited by BaSiLB

I've hit these moments with the FPS spiking, could be in a match or even at the solar map. Just suddenly a FPS drop out of nowhere, but it clears up. It doesn't happen often enough to become annoying, and hasn't cost me any deaths or anything, but still it happens to me as well.

64-bit Windows 7, AMD Radeon 6870 HD graphics card, 12GB DDR3, AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor 3.47GHz.

Warframe runs in Borderless Windowed, DX11 is off, Multi threading is off, It is running in 64 bit mode. In game V-sync is off, Local Reflections are on, High Dynamic Range is off, Geometry Detail, Particle System Quality, TExture Memory, Shadow Quality are all at high. Anti-aliasing is on, Depth of Field, Motion Blur, Bloom are off. Color Correction, Dynamic Lighting, Character Shadows are all on.

But as I stated, the random drops in FPS are...well Random, but thus far not common.

HD 4650 master race

but seriously, are you running in windowed mode? coz runnin my game in windowed mode makes me lag that hell bad, even borderless windowed. try runnin on fullscreen and see what happen. some problem in process priority probably

If you have Windows 7, it might be interesting to have a look at the Resource Monitor...

EFr3zuv.jpg

Two things could have an impact on the framerate,

If the CPU Maximum Frequency stay low, which would indicate your computer is doing CPU parking. 

Another thing would be very high Disk Highest Active Time even when nothing is done, which indicates something is doing a lot of Disk Access with high priority on your machine while the game is running

HD 4650 master race

but seriously, are you running in windowed mode? coz runnin my game in windowed mode makes me lag that hell bad, even borderless windowed. try runnin on fullscreen and see what happen. some problem in process priority probably

Tried all of the window modes and different resolutions for extended periods of time. Still the same outcome. I started experimenting with different ways I could rid of this problem when it started but nothing seems to have gone my way.

I Got the same issues, and its impossible for my killer machine to lag on this, I could run this game,titanfall and guild wars at max at the same time and still run smooth 60 fps and now I can't run this game alone on low settings  without getting pwed by fps drops I have checked all systems,drivers,resources and cpu never goes beyond 27 pct when fps are as low as 10... sad thing is, I have affinity booster on........................................

I Got the same issues, and its impossible for my killer machine to lag on this, I could run this game,titanfall and guild wars at max at the same time and still run smooth 60 fps and now I can't run this game alone on low settings  without getting pwed by fps drops I have checked all systems,drivers,resources and cpu never goes beyond 27 pct when fps are as low as 10... sad thing is, I have affinity booster on........................................

This is definitely affecting alot of people at the moment. The best we can do is hope that DE gets back to us with good news.