Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blocking Is Killing Pvp

Rompido

Blocking is killing PvP? PvP Is killing PvP. It's horridly unbalanced and broken already, Blocking isn't killing it, it was already dieing, blocking/melee 2.0 is just making it move obvious.

When Rhino can simply "Rhino Stomp" to OHK most things, and a Valkyr can come in and be invulnerable to damage for upwards of a minute? Trinity + Link + Blessing = OP. And not to mention some of the weapons, Strun Wraith, Soma, Phage, Orgis, ect are just...way OP.

At this rate, I think Warframe should take a page from most MMO's where they have gear specific for PvP, balanced just for PvP fights, this would include mostly mods/powers and weapons statted out specifically for PvP. It's honestly probably the easiest/best way to go about it. I say Easy, because they can just take some of the existing weapons and make a PvP version of it, same thing with the mods and ect, and just let players get them from doing PvP missions or by them with credits.

makes the battle more epic, especially when both of you are meleeing each other

Not when one uses a gun and one uses blocking. Blocking would win by default why? Because it just deflects until you get shot back with it. Which makes PVP boring when the guy just keeps blocking around

Don't feel a huge post is needed.

But, if you feel running around for extended amount of time while holding block, as your opponent does the same is fine. then please go find a short pier and take a long walk. 

except if they running around

they losing stam.

and if your stam is out you cant block

if you WANT to beat someone using block. then get a rapid fire weapon as those drain the enemy's stam faster.

see? easy

now if u stop using those slow firing 1 shot weapons, and bring a back up weapon for rapid fire, you wouldnt be whining.

or HEY how about using your brain.

you could flank them and hit from the rear

or use your warframes power

or NOT CAMP 

Edited by Arenta

they losing stam.

if you WANT to beat someone using block. then get a rapid fire weapon as those drain the enemy's stam faster.

see? easy

now if u stop using those slow firing 1 shot weapons, and bring a back up weapon for rapid fire, you wouldnt be whining.

or NOT CAMP 

I agree on fast firing weapons and flanking.

A lot of warframe powers can be blocked though.

Also you can get back stamina on hit from your melee attacks with the right build, I think it works with parrying and blocking damage return as well so you can keep blocking and regain stamina.

Edited by Keiiken

they losing stam.

see? easy

or NOT CAMP 

LOL. did you read my post? it was very short for a reason.

"running around for extended amount of time while holding block, as your opponent does the same"

its a reference to watching 2 players both fighting melee. so you and everyone's "gun" idea out the window.

as to the leap attack person? lol most good players have 80% anti knockdown mods anyways. first one to jump up and leap attack leaves themselves open to an attack from the person holding down block.

I still win most of the games I play. even with the way things are now. I'm just voicing my feedback in the feedback forums. 

the number one post in this thread is "PvP sucks lol" or "This is PvE there shouldn't be PvP" and I have to ask, why are you here if that's your response? this is a PvP FEEDBACK forum, and you're here saying things that don't give anything helpful and in fact are generally insulting. I frankly don't give a crap if you like it or not but if you're just going to say "PvP sucks lol" or "This is PvE there shouldn't be PvP" then get out of this forum, this isn't for you.

Also this is coming from a PvE player, just so you know

Edited by Ninjaboy00

LOL. did you read my post? it was very short for a reason.

"running around for extended amount of time while holding block, as your opponent does the same"

its a reference to watching 2 players both fighting melee. so you and everyone's "gun" idea out the window.

as to the leap attack person? lol most good players have 80% anti knockdown mods anyways. first one to jump up and leap attack leaves themselves open to an attack from the person holding down block.

I still win most of the games I play. even with the way things are now. I'm just voicing my feedback in the feedback forums. 

so in short...

he saying that when you go into pvp with nothing but a melee weapon

its unfair when both sides block.

well if you talked ahead of time and agreed to do both using melee, then both players should just avoid using block as an agreement.

if you dont know your opponent and went in with just a melee weapon.

you deserve to die

I visited Conclaves for the first time in ages yesterday because my brother was telling me that he kept dying when shooting people. Came in and saw everyone standing in the center and blocking (Europa CC Asia). Told him to get his Ogris while I dusted off my old Embolist, then we ran in to have some fun. Seems that hitting the floor with Ogris can't be Reflected, and Embolist in its entirety cannot even be blocked at all.

I visited Conclaves for the first time in ages yesterday because my brother was telling me that he kept dying when shooting people. Came in and saw everyone standing in the center and blocking (Europa CC Asia). Told him to get his Ogris while I dusted off my old Embolist, then we ran in to have some fun. Seems that hitting the floor with Ogris can't be Reflected, and Embolist in its entirety cannot even be blocked at all.

Stug/Castanas can't be reflected either

I wonder if the radiation proc works in pvp. Even if it doesnt work on the warframe it should work on the sentinel in pvp the same as pve. Its fun to see someone slowed by their own sentinels coolant leak.

Edited by Keiiken