The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon.

SoulDust

Okay here's the deal : there are a few types of people on this thread that don't understand each other.

1. The people that think Oberon needs to change because he isn't unique/fun

2. The people that think Oberon needs to change because he isn't strong/effective

3. The people that think Oberon doesn't need to change because he is strong/effective

4. The people that think Oberon doesn't need to change because he can semi-fill multiple roles, but not do as well in most.

I'm in the 1st group. Obviously, any frame built right and played right can be devastating (although some may require more resources to build), but Oberon? Arguably, everyone just builds him to spam 4. 

Spam 4 has decent CC, pathetic damage, but gives some energy/health. Yes, I know it can be helpful, but we do we need more frames that are built to spam 4 again? There isn't even a unique theme around Oberon at the moment. He's just kinda... there. 

If you want to call him a "Jack-of-all-trades", I'd point you to Rhino. Mediocre at multiple roles, but can be built to specialize as well. Most of his skills are very useful and don't feel like "placeholders", and he fills the niche of "Bulky warrior". Oberon was named the "Paladin" before release, which was exciting as I expected a new role/gameplay style from him but... nothing. Just more press 4 to spam nukers that can pseudo-sustain.

Okay here's the deal : there are a few types of people on this thread that don't understand each other.

1. The people that think Oberon needs to change because he isn't unique/fun

2. The people that think Oberon needs to change because he isn't strong/effective

3. The people that think Oberon doesn't need to change because he is strong/effective

4. The people that think Oberon doesn't need to change because he can semi-fill multiple roles, but not do as well in most.

I'm in the 1st group. Obviously, any frame built right and played right can be devastating (although some may require more resources to build), but Oberon? Arguably, everyone just builds him to spam 4. 

Spam 4 has decent CC, pathetic damage, but gives some energy/health. Yes, I know it can be helpful, but we do we need more frames that are built to spam 4 again? There isn't even a unique theme around Oberon at the moment. He's just kinda... there. 

If you want to call him a "Jack-of-all-trades", I'd point you to Rhino. Mediocre at multiple roles, but can be built to specialize as well. Most of his skills are very useful and don't feel like "placeholders", and he fills the niche of "Bulky warrior". Oberon was named the "Paladin" before release, which was exciting as I expected a new role/gameplay style from him but... nothing. Just more press 4 to spam nukers that can pseudo-sustain.

well said

Disagree with what? That it's a free damaging global knockdown? Because that's exactly what it is, and if you actually looked at the build I posted you'd realise range isn't a problem either.

It also does more raw damage than stomp, and stomp can not be recast as long as it's active; CC's with completely different functions really.

I did see the biuld you posted. Ill also have you know that i have my Obe set up with Blind Rage.

Spamming one ability to achieve just a few seconds of stun does not make it effective crowd control. Especially when that abilitiy has a base energy cost of 100, and there are other spam abilities that achieve more stun at lower energy cost, like Mag's Pull.

Also damage is not an important statistic if theres no percentage involved. Reckoning will lose its effectiveness at higher levels, where a Rhino only has to stomp once then execute any survivors.

After racking like 50 of each of Oberon's parts, I finally decided to make him. I'd say I'm not too thrilled about it either. Maybe I'm just looking it at it all wrong or perhaps this is a shared feeling.

1st: Is basically Nekros's soul punch with a not so good after impact effect

2nd: only good for low level defense, or maybe even infested runs. At higher levels it probably won't even do much damage. Afaik, it has no stun or cc utility. 

3rd: a heal that might come to late, or heal too slowly. No better than a trinity, or a mag's shield polarize. And you generally can't count on the heal to make much of a difference.

4th: Only "cc" skill on the frame, I'm not sure how the damage racks against higher levels yet. The fact that it drops health orbs upon killing something, doesn't quite impress me either.

So basically, I'm assuming there's really no point in playing oberon, other than liking his deer like helmets. As an overall frame, I feel as if it was rushed or not completely thought out. Or am I wrong

1 is an OK skill for killing hard-to-reach enemies, more useful than you think due to the Radiation portion of the damage for killing Alloy Grineer (the Impact portion is useless as always but makes it a little more effective vs Corpus.)

2 is again not bad vs Alloy Grineer (thank god there's no Impact damage here) but is actually less effective vs Infested due to being Radiation.  Still useful vs Infested due to their melee nature but then again what isn't?

3 The other healing abilities are overpowered currently and need to be looked at (Shield Polarize is not as bad as Blessing, though, and doesn't overlap with this skill anyway.)  Renewal needs to keep working after HP has reached max so that it can work as a damage mitigation tool.  Some up-front burst heal would also help this ability's clutch heal ability.  The current "healing projectile" mechanic is fine (travel time grounds the skill and allows the devs to give it good numbers without making it too powerful.)

4 is good for the crowd control (if expensive) and for the Radiation portion of the damage vs Alloy Grineer.  The health orbs are also welcome but this skill is unlikely to finish off enemies (due to the Impact portion of the damage and the otherwise unremarkable total base damage) when they reach the mid 30s and afterward where the health orbs are most needed (nekros does this better in every way.)  The Impact/Radiation combo is also bad vs Infested, for what that's worth.  

Edited by RealPandemonium

I'm testing Vitality, Rage, Blind Rage (at 63% power strength), Intensify, Fleeting Expertise, Continuity and Streamline, with the abilities Smite, Hallowed Ground and Reckoning. For a long time I ran with Renewal instead of Hallowed Ground, but it's now totally outclassed by Life Strike in terms of personal healing, especially since it doesn't auto-revive you when you're downed any more.

He's one of my favorite frames but he definitely needs a rework.

> Smite, as has been suggested elsewhere, would work a lot better if it had a higher proc rate and did puncture instead of impact damage -- a guaranteed puncture proc for those hit with a decent chance for a radiation proc, like an unreliable Mind Control. Even when the damage starts to fall off, Smite could begin to be used like Fireball, triggering Radiation and Puncture procs to panic, weaken and confuse crowds of enemies.

> Hallowed Ground needs to do more than damage -- either some kind of slow or Radiation proc, or have enemies standing on it distribute a percentage of the damage they take to each other while distributing health to allies on it. This would help it scale in higher levels. Area also needs to be wider and longer.

> Renewal needs to have its base health restore bumped up to at least 300, and ideally to have a degree of Overheal for a short duration, like ally Shield Ospreys do, but for your health.

> Reckoning needs to have a guaranteed Radiation proc so surviving enemies remain CC'd. Radiation isn't 100% guaranteed to turn enemies against each other so to my mind it seems fair.

To complement his high health, he should really get an armor buff to about 155 to stand alongside Sayrn. It could make Steel Fiber viable for him, too, letting us mod to focus on using Rage and his health restore abilities to mitigate damage and act as both a defender and a vanguard.

With these tweaks he'd remain a well rounded jack-of-all-trades but much more effective at his roles, rounding off any team he joins and helping support and damage as levels get higher.

Edited by Varzy

So much potential on Oberon, all of it down the drain though.

Why on earth would any sane person use hallowed ground?They wouldn't, thing could do debuffs to set itself apart from other skills, could heal hp and procs, could do a sh*t ton of cool things that would bring balance, difference and cool factor to him, instead, what do they do? Stupid low radiation damage. Thanks DE, sometimes i wonder who's the mastermind behind these skills, is it the bald guy?

Smite is said to be the one who does the most damage out of the first skills, but who needs that when you have reckoning?

Renewal is just a bad joke, picture well of life, which costs 25 energy, done? Good, now imagine it way worse and costing the triple, that's renewal, there's a better joke, had something to do with blessing too...

Now take this paladin frame and make him as squishy as the squishiest frame, squishier THAN THE OTHER HEALER, which can reduce damage by 75%, yeah.

Oberon is a joke.

Why on earth would any sane person use hallowed ground?They wouldn't, thing could do debuffs to set itself apart from other skills, could heal hp and procs, could do a sh*t ton of cool things that would bring balance, difference and cool factor to him, instead, what do they do? Stupid low radiation damage.

Now take this paladin frame and make him as squishy as the squishiest frame, squishier THAN THE OTHER HEALER, which can reduce damage by 75%, yeah.

Hallowed Ground's damage is good but it is lackluster because it must be recast often and has no additional effect. Oberon is also more durable than average due to his above average health pool (it's nothing radical though.) Edited by RealPandemonium

Yes Oberon is the weakest frame in the game suitable only for low-mid levels. Low damage and minimum utility, very slow and low number heal with travel time to boot. The only reason to play him is to see how it is to play a frame with no OP skills.

If all frames were rebalanced to be as weak as Oberon... and then all the guns capped at 2000 dps... hmm Warframe would've become quite a challenge! 

Edited by Monolake

My personal feedback on the guy, as I was pretty excited for him when he came out, rather disappointed when I maxed him out. 

His 1. Has potential, if you use it in crowds of low/mid level enemies it's pretty funny and the stagger is nice. At higher levels though it has no utility, can't even hit shield drones anymore. 

If I were DE I'd fix this ability by making the projectiles home in on targets and have a ridiculously high chance to proc Radiation. I dare say maybe a 100% proc chance. 

His 2. Laughable. Sure the damage stacks but even with Blind Rage on don't expect this to be anything but a temporary light show in T3 Survivals. 

This needs way more utility to make it feasible. Maybe have a target cap that once met causes the carpet to explode, proccing radiation and sending the enemies flying into the air? Place multiples of these in a swarm of enemies and you get procced explosions everywhere that sends everyone flying only to get up and shoot one another. Sounds hilarious. 

His 3. It's nice, I'll admit. It's hardly Blessing but Blessing is a poor ability anyway. Not in functionality, but the way Blessing trivializes content and encourages such sloppy/mindless play... 

I think the main draw to this ability was that it could revive downed teamates if it was still active. I feel this should be restored as an actual perk to this power so he has some staying power as a support frame, being able to revive downed allies from across different rooms and chambers. 

His 4. A bastardized crush. Barely half the range of Crush, a little more damage, and drops health orbs for everything it kills. Only at high levels all it does is slam things on their face and then the enemies instantly rise to their feet. 

I'd fix this by making health orbs drop regardless of whether the enemy dies or not and add a delay for when the enemies can get back up again. C'mon, they just got smashed face first into the ground at blistering speeds, your face is probably broken! 

This ult is pretty lackluster compared to everything but Radial Javelin and Avalanche.  

People here may keep insisting he's a jack of all trades, but he simply can't excel at anything but being mediocre in a few different areas other frames do far better. A swiss-army knife that was given a butter knife and half broken bottle-opener so to say. 

"Oberon sucks soo much. He can't just go around lolstomping, linking, or mass nuking an entire room."

1. Oberon is a paladin at its very core. Decent damage with a self heal for the times in between waves or hordes of enemies.

2. Paladins are better at dealing damage than they are healing a.k.a Oberon. If you wanted a similar frame with better

healing capabilities it would be considered a cleric.

3. Smite is an amazing skill even if it doesn't one shot mobs at late/end game. The stagger from the initial impact has been a life saver many of times for me as it gives my renewal time to heal me while taking care of the smaller mobs and stunning elites.

4. Oberon is probably one of the best frames to play in any map that has hallways or narrow passages especially since you can stack Hallowed Ground on top of each other. This is where efficiency builds shine.

5. Yes Renewal isn't the best healing skill around but it helps. IMO the mechanics should just allow the HoT to be applied whether at full hp or not but the amount of healing done is fine.

6. Reckoning is not Stomp. Reckoning is not Molecular Prime + Antimatter Drop combined. Reckoning isn't immortality but when used correctly is a great tool. It's a great cover for teammates to get out of oh crap situations in survival missions, etc... If communicating it can also be used as a small gap to allow other frames that are better at healing/damaging to use their abilities without them having to find better positioning or worry about dieing for the ~2 second grace period the ability provides.

I think the heal is the only thing that could use a little help but overall he is probably one of the best utility frames in the game IMO.

I love playing Oberon.

I must be "That Guy" here.

I just feel like he has a response to everything, as a caster 'frame. Smite for indoors (although I still hardly use it), Hallowed Ground for defense/survival missions, Renewal gives me an excuse to stack HP, and Reckoning has amazing synergy with Nekros and is still useful on it's own with high range and the ability to wipe a room clean of small, annoying enemies.

I mean, yeah it would be nice to see smite actually be useful, but I still play him a ton.

To me, I think they should just skip on the "paladin" nonsense and start calling him more of a "druid".

Guess his skills might feel situational? Then again, I just feel that because of it, he has a response to everything.

Edited by AshenHaze

He's ok, but I can't help but feel that he's a rushed frame that came out between Valkyr(Another frame that needed an assortment of changes) and Zephyr(Which probably got all the care and attention). Nothing really sparks out of him from being unique. Hell, I thought Nekros and Valkyr were bad when they first came out,but at the very least they had some cool or interesting mechanic and role other frames weren't doing.

I've had Oberon for 2-3 months, and he is still level ten. I just can't bring myself to level him, like my Valkyr.

I got vauban at about the same time, and I love him. Got him to level 30 in a week, which is probably not impressive for you, but for me, thats a record. Frost was my second frame, after mag. I leveled him pretty quickly. I'm currently crafting Hydroid, he'll be done tomorrow, but I don't have an extra slot or plat to by a slot to fit him, so I'm stuck between getting rid of oberon or valkyr..

what you guys think, we heard devs talking about buffs on banshee and ash, but nothing was said about oberon, and he is one hot topic when talking about reworks, useless spells etc

maybe is better than most people think, just a good jack of all trades?, or he needs a buff aswell like these other frames?

Edited by Jazzist

Here are some thoughts for a person that has put plenty of Forma into his Oberon.  

Oberon from the get-go was advertised as a sort of mystic-paladin.  That's great, so what do we think of when we think of these roles as a Tenno?  Mystic by all means is readily shown in his skill set, he has a semi-heal for supporting players that are taking health damage.  Useful, but definitely not something that can compete with higher level bleeds in the game which I see are killing players more often than anything else.  

To help mitigate this, I'd love to see Oberon take up that paladin title and provide a sort of mitigation or shielding effect with that heal.  In addition, if he is a paladin, why does he have little to no armor?  Valkyr is mad with armor, she needs it obviously and it's how her skill set is built in to utilize it; however, it would be nice to have Oberon be able to mitigate more.  (This of course may go into a discussion regarding mitigations and armor not doing as much as it should to that end...etc.)

So how to go about doing this?  That's quite simple, while his current skills are fancy, his first three can be quite useless.  [NOTE: His ultimate is fine, don't touch it. *chuckle*]  The damage they do is negligible going into higher levels and doesn't give any sort of crowd control.  The heal can be kept, but if it is I'd suggest making one of the other two skills into a personal or group mitigation shield, helping to stop procs of any kind.  Alternatively, it could be cast to negate a portion of the incoming damage received, making his skill a sort of sponge that can be wrung out on his foes.  *side thoughts...got to keep on track*

With these thoughts in mind, Oberon gets a "buff" for group benefit, gives him more survivability (via a mitigation skill and/or armor addition) as a "mystic-paladin" and essentially makes him useful in any sort of game play...as long as there's something to fight.  ;)

~Tenno out.

Edited by Erelas

I'm testing Vitality, Rage, Blind Rage (at 63% power strength), Intensify, Fleeting Expertise, Continuity and Streamline, with the abilities Smite, Hallowed Ground and Reckoning. For a long time I ran with Renewal instead of Hallowed Ground, but it's now totally outclassed by Life Strike in terms of personal healing, especially since it doesn't auto-revive you when you're downed any more.

He's one of my favorite frames but he definitely needs a rework.

> Smite, as has been suggested elsewhere, would work a lot better if it had a higher proc rate and did puncture instead of impact damage -- a guaranteed puncture proc for those hit with a decent chance for a radiation proc, like an unreliable Mind Control. Even when the damage starts to fall off, Smite could begin to be used like Fireball, triggering Radiation and Puncture procs to panic, weaken and confuse crowds of enemies.

> Hallowed Ground needs to do more than damage -- either some kind of slow or Radiation proc, or have enemies standing on it distribute a percentage of the damage they take to each other while distributing health to allies on it. This would help it scale in higher levels. Area also needs to be wider and longer.

> Renewal needs to have its base health restore bumped up to at least 300, and ideally to have a degree of Overheal for a short duration, like ally Shield Ospreys do, but for your health.

> Reckoning needs to have a guaranteed Radiation proc so surviving enemies remain CC'd. Radiation isn't 100% guaranteed to turn enemies against each other so to my mind it seems fair.

To complement his high health, he should really get an armor buff to about 155 to stand alongside Sayrn. It could make Steel Fiber viable for him, too, letting us mod to focus on using Rage and his health restore abilities to mitigate damage and act as both a defender and a vanguard.

With these tweaks he'd remain a well rounded jack-of-all-trades but much more effective at his roles, rounding off any team he joins and helping support and damage as levels get higher.

you have some pretty good ideas to make him better. I think he has potential to be a good frame his abilities just need to be tweaked, these changes would defiantly help.

To me, I think they should just skip on the "paladin" nonsense and start calling him more of a "druid".

This! They should have done that from the beginning!

Now that they had given a lot of players false expectations, making Oberon more like a Nature (based on his design) Caster would be a lot more interesting. Radiation damage really doesn't do Oberon justice. No more Paladin bs.

Here are some thoughts for a person that has put plenty of Forma into his Oberon.  

Oberon from the get-go was advertised as a sort of mystic-paladin.  That's great, so what do we think of when we think of these roles as a Tenno?  Mystic by all means is readily shown in his skill set, he has a semi-heal for supporting players that are taking health damage.  Useful, but definitely not something that can compete with higher level bleeds in the game which I see are killing players more often than anything else.  

To help mitigate this, I'd love to see Oberon take up that paladin title and provide a sort of mitigation or shielding effect with that heal.  In addition, if he is a paladin, why does he have little to no armor?  Valkyr is mad with armor, she needs it obviously and it's how her skill set is built in to utilize it; however, it would be nice to have Oberon be able to mitigate more.  (This of course may go into a discussion regarding mitigations and armor not doing as much as it should to that end...etc.)

So how to go about doing this?  That's quite simple, while his current skills are fancy, his first three can be quite useless.  [NOTE: His ultimate is fine, don't touch it. *chuckle*]  The damage they do is negligible going into higher levels and doesn't give any sort of crowd control.  The heal can be kept, but if it is I'd suggest making one of the other two skills into a personal or group mitigation shield, helping to stop procs of any kind.  Alternatively, it could be cast to negate a portion of the incoming damage received, making his skill a sort of sponge that can be wrung out on his foes.  *side thoughts...got to keep on track*

With these thoughts in mind, Oberon gets a "buff" for group benefit, gives him more survivability (via a mitigation skill and/or armor addition) as a "mystic-paladin" and essentially makes him useful in any sort of game play...as long as there's something to fight.  ;)

~Tenno out.

Your thoughts on Renewal make me think of a duration-dependent, party wide Iron Skin. This could probably be achieved if it granted an overflow of health. Say if Renewal's base heal was buffed to 300, then any ally under the effect would be healed by 300 and keep the overflow as additional health to mitigate incoming damage.

The duration of the overflow effect could be separate from the time it takes for Renewal to heal that 300 health, meaning duration modding would have a twofold effect -- speeding up the heal and increasing the duration of the overflow health bonus -- important, because of how useful Fleeting Expertise is for him right now, creating two different builds for him: Defensive, duration based and Offensive, efficiency based.

I also totally agree that Oberon wants some armor. I've said earlier that 155 to match Sayrn, who is another high health pseudo-tank, would fit him well, and make Steel Fiber a potential inclusion in a defensive, Rage build. (Personally I think Steel Fiber itself could do with a buff > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/212519-double-steel-fibers-armor-bonus/#entry2480632)

Hallowed Ground is the only oddball left. I still really like the idea of it distributing damage to affected enemies. I've also seen the suggestion that it passively heal allies (through distributed life leach or a flat heal), or grow a bit longer and wider and last around 10s longer for every enemy that is killed within it.

Your thoughts on Renewal make me think of a duration-dependent, party wide Iron Skin. This could probably be achieved if it granted an overflow of health. Say if Renewal's base heal was buffed to 300, then any ally under the effect would be healed by 300 and keep the overflow as additional health to mitigate incoming damage.

The duration of the overflow effect could be separate from the time it takes for Renewal to heal that 300 health, meaning duration modding would have a twofold effect -- speeding up the heal and increasing the duration of the overflow health bonus -- important, because of how useful Fleeting Expertise is for him right now, creating two different builds for him: Defensive, duration based and Offensive, efficiency based.

I also totally agree that Oberon wants some armor. I've said earlier that 155 to match Sayrn, who is another high health pseudo-tank, would fit him well, and make Steel Fiber a potential inclusion in a defensive, Rage build. (Personally I think Steel Fiber itself could do with a buff > https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/212519-double-steel-fibers-armor-bonus/#entry2480632)

Hallowed Ground is the only oddball left. I still really like the idea of it distributing damage to affected enemies. I've also seen the suggestion that it passively heal allies (through distributed life leach or a flat heal), or grow a bit longer and wider and last around 10s longer for every enemy that is killed within it.

I'm fine with Renewal as it is now if they decide to make one of the other skills a proc/mitigator.  I actually like having little duration on my Renewal, I prefer that effect over stacking duration mods.  What I don't like is the fact that even if we put a "300 base heal" with an overflow it still wouldn't help enough to stop player deaths in the higher level content where shields have been nullified and incoming dmg/bleed procs are doing the work of killing Tenno.  I can think of several instances where proc bleeds alone have out dpsed my Renewal on myself!

Thusly, I called for a mitigation shield of some sort which would replace hallowed ground.  The only way I see hallowed ground being acceptable is if they make it a sort of "sticky tar" for cc effect and higher dmg.  Either way, it would be nice to see him have more group benefit, and Oberon would be a terrific class to introduce a sort of Mitigation Shield benefit to a group!

~Tenno out.

Edited by Erelas

Here's the thing about Oberon:

1) All of his abilities rely on flat damage values, suffering from damage falloff past mid-level content; those that deal damage rely on the unusual combination of Radiation/Impact damage, which really is only useful against Corpus robots.

2) He only has two skills with any utility, owing to the low status chance of his abilities (and the heavy RNG nature of Radiation); two of his skills literally only exist to deal damage. The two utilities he brings can be outdone for far cheaper, as they are his highest cost abilities.

3) Hallowed Ground has no CC potential that could keep enemies on the narrow strip, being really only useful for blocking corridors on select maps.

4) Renewal has triple the cost of Well of Life, half the healing potential of Well of Life, none of the CC of Well of Life, travel time, and an unnecessarily staggered healing effect which can be instantly dispelled if your ally reaches full health, even if they come under fire after receiving he effect. Attempting to add an allied buff or mitigation to Renewal would be ruined by its inverted Duration-scaling.

5) Reckoning is perhaps his only skill worth building for - which just encourages ultimate spam habits. It also has an additional layer of RNG surrounding its chance to grant healing on a kill caused by the ability's direct damage alone. It's also not very unique in the utility provided, given that is primarily just stuns affected targets (which... almost everyone can do in some form or other, for cheaper).

6) Oberon suffers most of all from overhyping, false advertising, and frankly, a rushed release.

- 6a) Oberon was advertised as a paladin, or paladin/druid hybrid. However, he has low shields/armor, only one (minor) support skill, and very low damage potential against the game's zombie analog. His namesake is the king of the fey, which would be fitting for a druid... if he weren't strongest against robots (impure metals such as iron are poisonous to faeries).

- 6b) Oberon was advertised to have a set of skills that "work really well together"; this has proven not to be the case, owing to three out of four skills dealing damage, while two others share the role of healing (and that is his whole skillset in a nutshell). The only conceivable combination of his skills is using Reckoning to stun enemies for additional ticks in Hallowed Ground, which is not often employed (compare the ability combination potential for Zephyr and Hydroid who immediately followed him).

7) Ultimately, Oberon tries to be a Jack-of-all-Trades frame, but really only dips into two roles and fails at both due to (to lead back to reason 1) the inability of all of his abilities to scale to content. In terms of being a support frame, even Trinity has more damage potential; in terms of being a damage frame, there are several that can contribute more to group survivability through their unique skills. There are a handful of other frames that have tried to be "Jacks-of-all-Trades", and they're all better examples by virtue of their trades not just being damage-based.

Edited by Archwizard

I'm fine with Renewal as it is now if they decide to make one of the other skills a proc/mitigator.  I actually like having little duration on my Renewal, I prefer that effect over stacking duration mods.  What I don't like is the fact that even if we put a "300 base heal" with an overflow it still wouldn't help enough to stop player deaths in the higher level content where shields have been nullified and incoming dmg/bleed procs are doing the work of killing Tenno.  I can think of several instances where proc bleeds alone have out dpsed my Renewal on myself!

Thusly, I called for a mitigation shield of some sort which would replace hallowed ground.  The only way I see hallowed ground being acceptable is if they make it a sort of "sticky tar" for cc effect and higher dmg.  Either way, it would be nice to see him have more group benefit, and Oberon would be a terrific class to introduce a sort of Mitigation Shield benefit to a group!

~Tenno out.

Generally I avoid suggesting abilities be replaced whole-cloth

Your points about a proc-mitigator make a lot of sense, but I think Renewal is the most appropriate skill for that feature to be applied to, being a healing, 75 energy ability. Allies under the effect of Renewal would get a medium heal and protection from procs in the duration?

Either that, or allies standing on Hallowed Ground would be immune to procs, creating a zone for Oberon and allies to 'stand and fight', as it were.