Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No!

Jeerome0406

EVE's contract system would work pretty well here.

No, I'm pretty sure everyone knows exactly what it is. That's what I'm talking about.

If you don't understand what I'm presenting you're the one who is a little bit out of the loop here.

Stop being pretentious.

-10000 for auction house:

Trade actually: "hey everybody, I would like to buy quick thinking"

offer A: 30 plats

offer B: 28 plats

==>take offer B

Trade with auction house: price for quick thinking

==> A see that B has a lower price:

offer  A: 30 ==> 25 plats

==> B see that A has a lower price:

offer B: 28 plats ==> 22 plats...

An auction house will ruin the economy and only the people who buy mods/parts will win something, because the proces will be lowered:

- sellers will earn less money from the mod

- DE will have less money because people will not buy 100 plats for a mod that will now   cost 30 plats

- ok, more players will buy mods because prices will be lowered, but, it mean that they will not farm for these mods/parts, wich is actually the main thing to do in this game : the players who pay for their mods/plats will lose that and less appreciate the game

In conclusion, an auction house is maybe a thing that a lot of people want, but it's not a good thing for the game.

I don't understand why so many people stand against perfecting and simplifying a system that is already in place.

Because this is a gaming forum where people participate without any preparation or analytical skills. People who do not bother to read the proposals.

An optional economic system would ruin the game? Would you seriously have less fun shooting space bad guys and blowing them up with space ninja magic, because somewhere out there is someone who is selling an item to someone else who needs it, taking less time to do so than using the current trading system? Ruin the game? Don't you think that's a little dramatic?

Well... trading ruined TF2 for me. I've completely stopped playing it - and I loved that game. I started playing with the Orange Box and, yes, Trading did a lot to the community, or communities I was in, to ruin it. But... I'm against allowing any trading in Warframe, so... I'm obviously biased. I'm all for making trading as difficult as possible - and I want it to far back in the shadows as it can.

Stop being pretentious.

Sorry if it shouldn't like that, but I'm just saying.

In case you didn't notice; Lickity-Split:

"The problem I see is that not a lot of people have the same understanding of what "Auction House" means."

Sorry for just arguing the opposite.

I doubt the auction house would be credits only. I don't want credits, I have plenty. I want plat to buy more warframe/weapon/sentinel slots, color palettes, potatoes or forma.

I have no need for an Auction House if its credits only. I'll never sell my stuff for credits, gtfo.

==>take offer B

An auction house will ruin the economy and only the people who buy mods/parts will win something, because the proces will be lowered:

- DE will have less money because people will not buy 100 plats for a mod that will now   cost 30 plats

- ok, more players will buy mods because prices will be lowered, but, it mean that they will not farm for these mods/parts, wich is actually the main thing to do in this game : the players who pay for their mods/plats will lose that and less appreciate the game

In conclusion, an auction house is maybe a thing that a lot of people want, but it's not a good thing for the game.

If people actually intend to do this, either the immediate return aspect is more important to them than the big win, or they're idiots. It's simply not how an auction house works.

As for the inclusion of an auction house, I don't see the need. A trade forum and the removal of the in game trade chat channel would serve just as fine, and maybe a trade value tracker to regularize the price values of items for trading to people know when they're trading too high or low for the current market. TF2 has done wonderfully with trading due to the nature of the beast, and how much resources have been put into making the market stable. DE barely has anything resembling a decent trade system... Improving it would better serve than to just add in another form of trading system in an auction house.

+1 for Auction House.

The good thing about an RNG game is that LUCKY is really, really fun and UNLUCKY is easily fixable through trade because the overall drop rate evens out over many players (law of large numbers). The more trade tools we have, the better we're using RNG. Simple as that.

Edited by VKhaun

Really? And his post was ignorant?.. sure it helps stabilization. .. but not for every game. Yes, spamming trade chat is a quick way to dealing with trading. And yes, an AH would fix this, but with limitations to how and what you can trade, and considering clan tax is becoming more important, the AH would be a poor implementation for trading.

What we need is a way to let people know what we're selling without having to spam a channel.

Even with the current system prices eventually stabilize.  A market place would just do it faster and make it harder for people to rip people off.

If people actually intend to do this, either the immediate return aspect is more important to them than the big win, or they're idiots. It's simply not how an auction house works.

As for the inclusion of an auction house, I don't see the need. A trade forum and the removal of the in game trade chat channel would serve just as fine, and maybe a trade value tracker to regularize the price values of items for trading to people know when they're trading too high or low for the current market. TF2 has done wonderfully with trading due to the nature of the beast, and how much resources have been put into making the market stable. DE barely has anything resembling a decent trade system... Improving it would better serve than to just add in another form of trading system in an auction house.

Tf2 has the steam marketplace, not just a trade forum and a value tracker.  Most people are asking for something akin to steam's marketplace, there just happen to be a lot of idiots that are making an immediate comparison to D3's auction house because people ask for that too.

Edited by Aggh

==>take offer B

Don't they do the same thing in the Trade chat? Unless your talking about they just message the buyer.Also they can counter that by putting a time limit on items For example

Lister A sells a Ammo Drum Mod for 30 Plat

Lister B  sells the same mod for 25 Plat

A sees B's listing

A goes to change the price "must wait 24 Hours to take down/Change price of Mod"

This could balance it out

Can someone please explain to an idiot like me as to why an AH system of some kind is detrimental on nearly every level on the economy?

As far as I can tell, a broken economy is better than no economy at all (i.e. before trading existed), because I don't have to participate in it here.

So from what I can see in this thread.

If D3's Auction house didnt fail we wouldve had a better trading system in Warframe by now because that seems to be the only argument people have against it.

Economieslol straighten themselves out, as seen when Primes became tradeable... Your argument is invalid.

There is a solution for re-sellers if you're worried about that.

There is nothing that adding an advanced trading system to the game can change that it cant do already.

We can already trade all these things, we can already do all these things... Why not just refine it and make it user friendly.

IRC trade chat makes it look like we're stuck in 1976... Maybe let the game advance.

Food for thought... I can already go and buy every bit of Prime gear available on Trade Chat and control the monopoly.

An Advanced trading system would be able to control that.

In game AH already exists. It's just so horribly disjointed and difficult to implement that no one would bother. Furthermore, as it is now no one can tell what the price is on anything (except what's worthless).

You'll pay 200 p for a mod in the morning and 50p for it at night. While this is good for some and bad for others, having a centralized, user friendly, easy to SEE system to compare and judge prices would do wonders for stabilizing the trading and making it 200X easier.

Seriously, the trading tab is like wandering in the desert looking for water, which is 15p btw.