Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seriously Im Not The Only One Here Right ? (Orokin Cells)

DiBBz

I played Warframe so much this weekend that I feel a bit burned out on it right now. You know how many cells I picked up after an entire weekend of farming? 1

Yeah, that is correct. One.

The drop tables seem so insane at times. I am starting to feel like the simplified Token system would be a better alternative to this garbage we have now. Missions earn tokens and tokens are spent on things we actually want.

One person for a month is a small sample size.

There are not four extractable systems that Drop Orokin cells.

No, there aren't. That's not my point. The systems I operate the Titans on (Mercury, Venus, Earth, Europa) don't have them anyway - I have them going for ferrite, polymer bundles and perhaps a neurode.

My point is that out of 240 "tries", I have seen exactly 1 rare "drop". The 3 neurodes. 240 is not exactly a small sample size... unless the drop chance for an Orokin cell is on the order of 1/200.

I'm not going back and forth with you Xylia, you're not moving the conversation forward.

Yes. They are RARE MATERIALS, no source is common or easy and I'm not arguing that. I'm saying that many small chances add up.

"Many Small Chances".

"Many".

How many things can you do in Warframe that would potentially give you an Orokin Cell? Let me see....

1). Saturn Missions (almost never, it is less than 1-in-1000).

2). Ceres Missions (again, almost never).

3). Ruk. (already mentioned that he is probably the best-case scenario)

4). Lephantis (requires keys, loves dropping more neurodes and samples than cells)

5). Derelict Mobs themselves (just barely better than Saturn/Ceres).

6). Dark Sector in Saturn/Ceres (it only gives +10-20% resource drop rate, you could duplicate this effect by using a booster)

7). Killing any boss (even worse than the above).

So.... it all boils down to..

1). Killing a boss (nil chance whatsoever)

2). Killing Enemies on two specific planets (which you have no reason to do unless you're farming Vay Hek keys).

3). Killing Ruk (which you have no reason to do if you already have his Warframe)

4). Killing Lephantis (which you have no reason to do if you already have Nekros)

5). ODS/ODD (while trying to get Prime stuff).

Only #5 and #2 if you're going after Vay Hek is an "incidental" drop, meaning that you're there for something other than the Cells themselves.

Everything else, you'd probably only do if Cells are your actual reason for being there, unless you're a newbie who doesn't have Ruk's Warframe, Nekros, Saturn/Ceres clears, etc.

There's no "Get Cells while doing other stuff!" unless that "Other Stuff" is Vay Hek or ODS/ODD.

EDIT: I suppose technically one could say "An Invasion/Outbreak Might happen on Saturn/Ceres". That'd be one of the very few exceptions to the above.

Edited by Xylia

Orokin Cell rants are a direct result of the farm mentality.

I think you guys have forgotten what you started arguing on the last page.

Read your own posts about all the things you do, and then put those things in context of PLAYING THE GAME instead of just farming, and you have made my argument for me. You run survivals for keys and XP, bosses for frames, void for prime parts and forma, OD for Nekros. Extractors going the whole time. Stopping to play alerts that pop up. Stopping to do invasions/infestations that pop up. Getting invaded on occasion because of the things you've done. This is playing the game.

If all this is just farming and grinding then why the hell are you here on these boards? What are you going to do when you've got the orokin cells and crafted one more weapon, but go do more invasions/infestations, play more survival, kill more bosses, and delve back into the void?

Instead you want to run one mission for one resource non stop (with no Nekros LOL...?) looking for one reward?

FARM MENATLITY

Step back and look at the game. Every mission drops, rewards and invites tons of different types of progress. This mentality that we want ONE THING RIGHT NOW does not work. It is being BAD at the game. It makes you SLOW. It is an INEFFECTIVE STRATEGY by your own measure. Give it up and just play.

Sure, this game has some low drop rates and some implementations I disagree with, but at some point it's just hyperbole because you're pushing the meaning of farming and grind back into base gameplay. That is not DE's design. That is your own mentality that you want one thing RIGHT NOW and you didn't care about it until you wanted it.

Edited by VKhaun

"Many Small Chances".

"Many".

How many things can you do in Warframe that would potentially give you an Orokin Cell? Let me see....

2). Ceres Missions (again, almost never).

-snipped-

Yeaaaah, about that. When Nuovo was under Invasion, I got 3 Orokin Cells. Running Krill 8 or 9 times in a row? 6 Cells. That was within the last hour.

Yeaaaah, about that. When Nuovo was under Invasion, I got 3 Orokin Cells. Running Krill 8 or 9 times in a row? 6 Cells. That was within the last hour.

"I got 3 cells in one mission! The drop rate is fine!"

Except that is hardly the norm.

I got 1 Cell to drop during an Invasion on Ceres a couple days ago too. Does that mean they suddenly drop awesomely? Oh no, because for that 1 Cell that did drop, I had done 50+ missions where I didn't get any Cells at all.

And Kril? Why exactly were you killing Kril? For Cells? Most likely. Unless you really really needed Frost for something, lol.

Again as I said above: Incidental drops very rarely happen.

Step back and look at the game. Every mission drops, rewards and invites tons of different types of progress. This mentality that we want ONE THING RIGHT NOW does not work. It is being BAD at the game. It makes you SLOW. It is an INEFFECTIVE STRATEGY by your own measure. Give it up and just play.

Sure, this game has some low drop rates and some implementations I disagree with, but at some point it's just hyperbole because you're pushing the meaning of farming and grind back into base gameplay. That is not DE's design. That is your own mentality that you want one thing RIGHT NOW and you didn't care about it until you wanted it.

So basically, you're telling players to just forget about progression, right?

You're telling players that they shouldn't care that they got 2-3 Prime weapons sitting in their Foundry because there's no reasonable way to obtain those 30-45 cells?

Is that what you're saying?

"Go ahead and keep using those crappy weapons you been using, you'll "eventually" get the cells!"

Meanwhile, the player has several Prime weapons all ready to go if it weren't for the ridiculous 10-15 cell requirement.

I have been farming for orokin cells, for about a week, I have yet to see any. RNG gods have cursed me again. Tired of being at the constant mercy of RNG gods and DE fiddling with the drop tables.

How many more loud irritating children do I have to sacrifice to the RNG gods before I can acquire orokin cells DE?

"I got 3 cells in one mission! The drop rate is fine!"

Except that is hardly the norm.

I got 1 Cell to drop during an Invasion on Ceres a couple days ago too. Does that mean they suddenly drop awesomely? Oh no, because for that 1 Cell that did drop, I had done 50+ missions where I didn't get any Cells at all.

And Kril? Why exactly were you killing Kril? For Cells? Most likely. Unless you really really needed Frost for something, lol.

Again as I said above: Incidental drops very rarely happen.

-snip-

Actually, I never stated "in one mission". Nuovo was under INVASION. At least 5 runs to achieve the battle pay.

Regardless, yes. I was killing Kril. For Cells. Easy as hell if you're using Viral and knocking his health down and taking cover inbetween waiting for him to use his abilities. He drops Cells like candy.

If you don't believe me, try spamming Kril. Considering Ruk doesn't seem to like taking Procs from anything, Ruk is just a bullet sponge. On average It takes me about 40 seconds to a minute to down Kril - from his invulnerable state.

Complete rubbish, again. I don't know why you think repeating this optimistic vaguely hippy nonsense will magically render it true. If you "just play", you will not get Orokin Cells in any significant number. You keep trying to blame the players, but that's just plainly untrue - the drop rates for Neurodes and Orokin Cells are extremely low, and you MUST play in specific systems if you want to obtain them. You cannot "play how you want". You cannot "just play". You must play in specific systems, doing specific things, or your forward progress will STOP. Period. End of the Line. Do not pass go. You can make some lateral progress whilst "playing as you want", though.

If we were allowed to trade resources, things might well be different, because you will probably get some kind of useful resource in most places (or BPs), but that is never, ever going to happen whilst people are willing to pay DE RL money for pathetic quantities of resources, which, apparently, they are!

Before U13, I was scrimping for OC. After U13 and after many missions on Ceres, I have over 60.

OC is no longer rare. Go to Ceres and do stuff.

Every mission I can do on Ceres, I do, and since U13, prior to last night, I had gained 1 OC (I got 2 more last night, as punishment for insulting the RNG gods :) ). If you've gained 60, then, wow, how, where? I don't believe "just playing Ceres man!". Possibly "hard-farming high-level Dark Sector defence with four Nekros". Or perhaps you had 59 before you started playing in Ceres! :)

All this said, the RNG in this game is completely nuts. Last night, in about 3-4 hours of play, I got 2 OCs, Tranquil Cleave (About 60 seconds into Cambria survival! You better believe we all left at 5 minutes!), the 1 Argon I needed for my Dragon Nikana, Intensify (which I didn't have at all) and Streamline from two 5-wave defences, and Master Thief and Flow from Tenno Specters, which is well, quite a haul. All of those except the Streamline/Intensify were from sort of intentionally farming for that thing, though, rather than just doing whatever I felt like.

Edited by Eurhetemec

Complete rubbish, again. I don't know why you think repeating this optimistic vaguely hippy nonsense will magically render it true.

It's not rubbish, and if it was rubbish you wouldn't be butchering my argument and replying to a fake one.

If we were allowed to trade resources, things might well be different, because you will probably get some kind of useful resource in most places (or BPs), but that is never, ever going to happen whilst people are willing to pay DE RL money for pathetic quantities of resources, which, apparently, they are!

I already addressed this and it's not even up for debate, everyone knows you can trade for plat. I don't know why you're just making up fake arguments. Is this a pride thing that you don't want to back down? Is it an impatience thing, that you just have to have those 300 Orokin cells today?

All this said, the RNG in this game is completely nuts. Last night, in about 3-4 hours of play, 

Again, you need to recognize sample sizes. The reason RNG works is because some people get lucky and some get unlucky. Lucky is fun and awesome. Unlucky you can fix with a good number of sources to balance eachother out, trading, and other game mechanics.

If you call lucky streaks evidence that something is wrong, and plug your ears when people how to get around unlucky streaks and just keep farming one mission (you were the guy who said he didn't even bring Nekros right? That made me lol...) and nothing else, then yes, it's a grind for you and always will be, but that's not anything DE can hotfix.

It's not rubbish, and if it was rubbish you wouldn't be butchering my argument and replying to a fake one.

I already addressed this and it's not even up for debate, everyone knows you can trade for plat. I don't know why you're just making up fake arguments. Is this a pride thing that you don't want to back down? Is it an impatience thing, that you just have to have those 300 Orokin cells today?

Again, you need to recognize sample sizes. The reason RNG works is because some people get lucky and some get unlucky. Lucky is fun and awesome. Unlucky you can fix with a good number of sources to balance eachother out, trading, and other game mechanics.

If you call lucky streaks evidence that something is wrong, and plug your ears when people how to get around unlucky streaks and just keep farming one mission (you were the guy who said he didn't even bring Nekros right? That made me lol...) and nothing else, then yes, it's a grind for you and always will be, but that's not anything DE can hotfix.

The only "pride thing" here is you insisting that disagreeing with your wild and spurious assertions is somehow making your argument "fake". I have no idea what the "fake arguments" you're referring to are, and apparently you can't be bothered to note what they are, and instead blame others for your apparent failure of communication (it's always the reader's fault, right? Never the writer!).

You can't trade for Orokin Cells directly, that's a fact. Orokin Cells cost 10p on the market. There is no reliable way to obtain things which are worth 10p in open trading. Certainly to do so you cannot play randomly, as only a few areas in the game potentially drop things that valuable (higher-level Void missions, Orokin Derelicts, and very low-drop-chance Stance mods, mostly - even with Void missions most BPs are worth less than 5p). Thus your assertion that one should "just play" is shown to be really shenanigans. You have to play specific content and you have to play it over and over. It doesn't have to be the exact same content, but it's a pretty limited set.

As for your Nekros, yeah, I don't have one and can't reliably group with one, and what you seem completely unable to grasp is that you cannot:

A) Say "Farming Mentality sucks and makes you bad at the game"

and then turn around and say:

B) "But obviously you have to bring a Nekros at all times or you can't expect rewards!".

Pick one. Either the game requires Nekros, in which case it requires farming, or it doesn't.

It's not about "farming one mission", either. That's what you don't seem to get. As I illustrated in my post, which you seemed to ignore, I do a variety of missions, but many things are obtainable only from a handful of missions. In some cases, realistically only one mission (if you need anything from Anti Moas, then you are going to either be spending serious plat trading for it, or farming Elara, that's really that).

In the end, the issue is, however you want to argue it, is that Orokin Cells are extremely hard to obtain, and have really only got harder. All of the sources are either transient and rarely present, or feature very low drop chances. It's striking to me, because, in the old days, I could farm bosses, and indeed I didn't even worry about OCs because they were so easy to get! So naive I was! Then all the bosses got buffed into tediousness (not hard, just slow) and rarely drop the OCs so...

As for "impatience" as you put it, I'll be honest, yes, absolutely it is a factor. I don't need 300 now, though. Just 10, or the like. When I have the parts of a Prime weapon and would like to build it, and I don't have any way to get the OCs reliably, nor something to trade for them (I mean, seriously, if I could reliably get 100p worth of items to trade - or even 50p - that'd be amazing, but we wouldn't be having this conversation in that case), then that's dull and frustrating. I don't know about you, but when my ability to get better stuff in Warframe disappears, because I am relying on RNG entirely, the game becomes a lot more dull. I tend to stop playing for a few months until an exciting patch comes in.

EDIT - PS, 300 is a bit of a dodgy number, because Forma, Catalysts and Reactors all need them, too, so unless you buy all those, the actual number you're likely to need, in the end, will likely be quite a bit higher.

Edited by Eurhetemec

EDIT - PS, 300 is a bit of a dodgy number, because Forma, Catalysts and Reactors all need them, too, so unless you buy all those, the actual number you're likely to need, in the end, will likely be quite a bit higher.

When I say 300, I mean "Everything EXCEPT Potatoes and Forma".

I remember adding them up and it was on the high side of the 200s. 270? Something like that? Add in some potatoes/forma, and you're looking at a reasonable 300 number. Oh, and they keep adding primes and for some reason you gotta put a bunch of batteries into a blade (Dakra needing 15.....wtf?)

RE:Kril: If you're killing him with status procs while he's invincible, I wouldn't be surprised if DE patches this out if you keep doing it. Anytime you use an exploit (he's obviously MEANT to be invincible during his invincible phase), you have to account for the possibility of it being removed; you can't count on it. In fact, if you keep admitting you're using exploits, you could even get actioned for it if they cared enough about it. That's why I don't use exploits.

-snip-

RE:Kril: If you're killing him with status procs while he's invincible, I wouldn't be surprised if DE patches this out if you keep doing it. Anytime you use an exploit (he's obviously MEANT to be invincible during his invincible phase), you have to account for the possibility of it being removed; you can't count on it. In fact, if you keep admitting you're using exploits, you could even get actioned for it if they cared enough about it. That's why I don't use exploits.

Regardless of that, he's still not a hard boss to battle. Keep in cover while shooting at his cryopack hoses, once he's vulnerable, lay down the law with a torrent of bullets/projectiles/explosives. Even if DE patches Kril to fix this, still doesn't mean - at the moment - that he's a hard boss to fight for Orokin Cells.

There's still other options like Lephantis. Rhino Stomp, Soma modded out for crit and fire damage, 80 rounds later into each weak point and not even 3 minutes later. Up to 4 OC can spawn from Lephantis, not including from other enemies or boxes/lockers.

Regardless of that, he's still not a hard boss to battle. Keep in cover while shooting at his cryopack hoses, once he's vulnerable, lay down the law with a torrent of bullets/projectiles/explosives. Even if DE patches Kril to fix this, still doesn't mean - at the moment - that he's a hard boss to fight for Orokin Cells.

There's still other options like Lephantis. Rhino Stomp, Soma modded out for crit and fire damage, 80 rounds later into each weak point and not even 3 minutes later. Up to 4 OC can spawn from Lephantis, not including from other enemies or boxes/lockers.

Well as I said before, Ruk is lower level, and each of his plates are blown off in seconds by nearly any weapon with decent Serration.

Lephantis... well, last 3 times I tried him he dropped 2 Neurodes and 3 Samples or 3 Neurodes and 2 Samples.

I did about 10 runs on him, and the first run he did 4 Cells. That was awesome. Second run 0 Cells. Third run, 1 Cell, and the rest 0 Cells.

That's when I said "screw this" and went to Ruk, who proceeded to drop a Cell 8 out of the 10 times I killed him. And I killed Ruk 3 times to Lephantis's 1.

So... 8 Cells in the time it took me to kill Lephantis 3-4 times.

I haven't had huge issues with cells (yet), but for about a week after Vay Hek was changed I could not get any neurodes, at all.  It was quite annoying.

For anyone making a sample-size argument: yes, the sample size is small.  The sample size is intrinsically small (especially for people with lives), and that is exactly why low-probability RNG on essential resources is terrible idea.

Edited by Salganos

For anyone making a sample-size argument: yes, the sample size is small.  The sample size is intrinsically small (especially for people with lives), and that is exactly why low-probability RNG on essential resources is terrible idea.

^^

This, right here.

A lot of us have lives and we don't have the kind of time to put in 5,000 runs to assemble a large sample size to actually get some of these stupid things to drop.

I don't want to get my Dakra Prime BP and end up having to wait 30, 50, 80+ game hours before I finally, eventually, get 15 cells from "doing other stuff" before I get my weapon.

Nor is the idea of doing 3-5 hours of solid Cell farming all that fun either.

Well, what exactly do you want to be doing while you're playing Warframe that makes it impossible to get cells while doing that?

Between invasions, the derelict and dark sectors, you can fight any of the 3 factions and get cells.  Mission types have a similar variety.  What is it you want to be doing that you can't do and get cells, exactly?

Well, what exactly do you want to be doing while you're playing Warframe that makes it impossible to get cells while doing that?

Between invasions, the derelict and dark sectors, you can fight any of the 3 factions and get cells.  Mission types have a similar variety.  What is it you want to be doing that you can't do and get cells, exactly?

You don't get Cells in Orokin Void, for one. Which is &#! stupid, because... who'da thunk that the people who made the batteries didn't put them anywhere in their ships... but you CAN find them AFTER the ships go derelict... lol?

You don't get Cells anywhere but Saturn or Ceres... what if there's Invasion missions on other planets? What if you're finding yourself having to farm a boss that isn't Ruk or Kril?

Maybe you've got a lowbie weapon that isn't strong enough to handle Saturn and you're doing Mercury, or Venus?

What if you want a Corpus Tileset (which Ceres and Saturn do not have) for the loot lockers because you wanna farm some Nav Coords? Grineer Tilesets do not have anywhere near as many lockers as Corpus Ships do.

etc etc etc

Something I've noticed in this thread and others is that this damned community is that it's INCREDIBLY, AMAZINGLY stubborn and resistant to ANY change. At all. This thread is literally BEGGING for a rare resource to not be so disgustingly rare, and what happens? People come in and claim, simultaneously mind you, that RNG is fine, the "rare" resource isn't rare, that the rare resource IS rare and should be, the fallacy of "I have 300 and you have none so it's fine" which is ALWAYS in these damn threads, just on and on about how this is a bad idea, and you know what the downside is for these players with 60 or 300 or 100 Orokin Cells? None whatsoever. They just want to hurt OP's game experience.

If I'm wrong, explain to me how making it even SLIGHTLY easier to get this rare resource which is needed in rather large quantities is going to worsen the game experience for you players with more cells than you'll need for a long, long time as is.

Something I've noticed in this thread and others is that this damned community is that it's INCREDIBLY, AMAZINGLY stubborn and resistant to ANY change. At all. This thread is literally BEGGING for a rare resource to not be so disgustingly rare, and what happens? People come in and claim, simultaneously mind you, that RNG is fine, the "rare" resource isn't rare, that the rare resource IS rare and should be, the fallacy of "I have 300 and you have none so it's fine" which is ALWAYS in these damn threads, just on and on about how this is a bad idea, and you know what the downside is for these players with 60 or 300 or 100 Orokin Cells? None whatsoever. They just want to hurt OP's game experience.

If I'm wrong, explain to me how making it even SLIGHTLY easier to get this rare resource which is needed in rather large quantities is going to worsen the game experience for you players with more cells than you'll need for a long, long time as is.

The same people who'd rather see Warframe crash and burn when newbies (which we need) are turned off on the game before they even get past Captain Vor. They somehow forget that when they started, this stuff was much easier to get ahold of, and the way the game is right now for newbies is absolutely terrible.

And everybody thinks that Warframe should boil down to "Beg on Trade" for everything, rather than actually getting some of this stuff yourself.

And then there's the people who think nobody should get anything without 500 hours of farming.

You don't get Cells in Orokin Void, for one. Which is &#! stupid, because... who'da thunk that the people who made the batteries didn't put them anywhere in their ships... but you CAN find them AFTER the ships go derelict... lol?

I kinda wish resource drops had at least some correlation with the faction they claimed to come from.  Killing Alad V for a doohickey with a Grinneer logo on it is just weird.  (While I'm at it: the same doohickey claims to be of infested origin; it seems neural sensors and neurodes have either their descriptions or images swapped.)  But that wouldn't change the fact that we'd be farming bosses for them 9 times out of 10.

Which wouldn't be such a bad thing if there was a bit more variety to the bosses available, maybe more generic sergeants and such, like a better version of how infested assassination alerts keep telling us to kill toxic ancients.  Or maybe we should just have other ways of getting a drop with a decent or possibly guaranteed rate.  Acquiring a necessary resource should be a targettable objective, not something abandoned to serendipity.  Let me go raid a supply line or something.

Edited by Salganos

Orokin Cells as far as I remember have always been a problem with how infrequently they drop. Combined with the fact that so many items require them and the amount they need, it's just ridiculous. Players should have to run with a Nekros to have a chance at getting a few at a a time. Just a small bump up in the drop chance would likely be sufficient.

As it stands, players are better off not even bothering with them and waiting for a double drop chance event and buying the boosters to stock up on cells.

Edited by vomder