The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Impact Of Energy Siphon On Abilities

ScarletDial

I'm gonna make this short and sweet.

Warframe abilities are the reason you play a specific warframe.

Warframe abilities cost energy.

Energy is a somewhat uncommon drop from enemies.

This means you can easily get "stuck" with 0 energy.

This is not terribly fun.

Energy Siphon manages to alleviate this despite being a very slow regeneration rate.

Therefore everyone uses Energy Siphon 99% of the time and most other auras go ignored until their specific niche comes up or a player just feels contrarian.

Energy Siphon makes the game more fun by allowing you to use warframe powers with less worry about where the next orb is going to come from and overall makes things smoother.

Therefore I reveal myself as a massive casual and say that Warframes should have a passive energy regeneration on their own (think like 0.3 per second) to encourage both the use of other auras and to not put off newbies who don't have the aura yet.

Also it makes no sense that we supposedly have ancient orokin generators in our suits and they don't generate power to anything but shields. That too.

Edited by ScarletDial

I have used energy siphon alongside rage for a long time, one day i decided to ditch energy siphon and i haven't even noticed it, rage is the way to go if you want a sustainable source of energy, sadly it works best only on frames with low shields and high health.

I have used energy siphon alongside rage for a long time, one day i decided to ditch energy siphon and i haven't even noticed it, rage is the way to go if you want a sustainable source of energy, sadly it works best only on frames with low shields and high health.

And therefore it's more situational, whereas Energy Syphon works for all Warframes.

But yes, Team Restore works well, though I do find it silly I have to walk over random blue orbs just to use my innate abilities.

Team restores don't really mitigate anything seeing as you have to be a) in a clan b) sitting on sizeable amounts of money c) patient enough to sit on one of those things forever. None of those things are things a new player has, and in fact, most intermediate players do not. It's also just a resource thing. The idea that even if you're totally out of stuff, if you wait for a while you'll have a bit more energy back and your shields full to try another run for it instead of having to abort the mission.

It's basically that or Rage if you want another Aura mod.

Team restores don't really mitigate anything seeing as you have to be a) in a clan b) sitting on sizeable amounts of money c) patient enough to sit on one of those things forever. None of those things are things a new player has, and in fact, most intermediate players do not. It's also just a resource thing. The idea that even if you're totally out of stuff, if you wait for a while you'll have a bit more energy back and your shields full to try another run for it instead of having to abort the mission.

It's basically that or Rage if you want another Aura mod.

a) There are Restore BPs on market as well

b) Sechura

c) It takes wha, a minute to get a bundle of 10?

I've only ever used auras with the proper polarities after some of the aura buffs. Energy Siphon for -, Rejuvenation for D, Rifle Amp/Steel Charge for V.

I actually used Enemy Radar for the event too.

This is a new one... umm you can buy restores from the market..and people run with different auras..energy siphon is good for the new players and people clearing star charts..I personally run shield disruption or corrosive projection alongside a few others.. but really? some frames are energy hungry...I cant believe we have a cry thread about E.S

Team Restores FTW

^ this, best way to dump the million+ spare nanospores you end up lying around.

ive typically got 80-100+ team energy/ammo/heal restores, mostly just to burn resources, not like im gonna use them on anything else.

Yep. This is exactly why efficiency + energy siphon are a must for me on 90% of the frames i use.

I say we take it a step further and give each frame 1.0 - 1.3 energy regen (makes more sense for the casty frames to have faster regen), something sustainable on its own, just spitballing here, and remove energy orbs entirely. And in their place, have enemies drop health orbs. Along with encouraging the use of other auras it encourages the use of other builds without running out of energy.

I kind of feel like energy restore should be removed too. Seen an Oberon stand on one in a survival and use his ult 15-20 times consecutively in a survival, been kind of pessimistic towards it ever since.

Edited by (PS4)Tego818

I agree with Tego818. I wish the whole energy system was regen-based with mods to also modify the rates, this would make all abilities feel more "integrated" to the frame instead of random powerups dropped by enemies.

if you are nekros ( or even oberon to some extent) or are in a team with one you have equilibrium option

with melee 2.0 rage + life strike gives plenty of energy on suitable frames with decent enough health and armor values 

anyways innate passive energy would be really bad it would ruin alot of playstyles, builds and gameplay

I kind of feel like energy restore should be removed too. Seen an Oberon stand on one in a survival and use his ult 15-20 times consecutively in a survival, been kind of pessimistic towards it ever since.

15 uses at max efficiency is 375 energy so with flow equipped you don't even need energy restores, but such a build would reduce duration which removes C.C. and leave little room for other mods, also if he needed that many he either had severely reduced power or was beyond the point the skill could help him anyway, and someone aiming specifically for that conditions sounds unlikely

This should have been the way a very long time ago.

The Energy Siphon dilemma is that the warframes do not generate their own energy, and energy orbs have been the same since closed beta.

Why are they orbs anyhow? Should they not look different now? Why do they have to be orbs?

To think advance warframe suits can't regenerate they're own energy and have to rely on orbs dropped by enemies...yeah this energy system is out dated and just doesn't make, hopefully we get an energy 2.0 sometime in the future.

I say we don't make passive energy regen first until we have all warframe abilities balanced or it's just those op warframes that are gonna spam their skills even more and make the experience sharing poorer by killing everything themselves

To think advance warframe suits can't regenerate they're own energy and have to rely on orbs dropped by enemies...yeah this energy system is out dated and just doesn't make, hopefully we get an energy 2.0 sometime in the future.

Warframe 2.5 AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY~!

Having an innate energy restore rate that varies between frames could be a great way to add more diversity between them. Guys like Rhino, Ash, and maybe Valkyr or Saryn Wold have a little below average, Excalibur and the like would have average, and the caster frames would have more. Energy siphon would be a flat boost on top of this.

Auras and "passive" abilities in general could stand a good looking over. Might be worth it to divide them into separate categories of "team buffs" and "personal buffs" ... I'm still really struggling to see how the mod card system was a good way to do character spec'ing but I guess it's what we're stuck with at this point.