Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Armour Pieces Feedback Megathread

chaosking243

Chest pieces are a bit too small but understandable since most frames have a lot of detail on their shoulders. Shoulder plates look real nice though. 

Best thing is we can mix and match whatever pieces we like together.

Bad thing is we can't change the color of each component to make them look more distinct.

They are best on older, cleaner frames. 

Can't we change the color of each component? I thought we could now?

Well I was sort of hoping that if they were cosmetic that we'd be able to get them for credits, I mean we already have a lot of other cosmetic features that can only be brought with platinum.

All cosmetics should be plat exclusive. That's how F2P games make money without turning P2W.

Good day, I am the representative of the Russian section and poor translation via Google Translate forgive how differently our section simply do not see hear.

Today was another update, cool finally added WF breakdown parts, but I am sorry, that you absolutely DE kidding? New armor pieces look awful on w-frame, namely:

- Absolutely not visually looks like a single unit, a couple of exceptions frames (Banshee, Rhino, Nyx), the rest of it is just awful! Stupidly took over f-frame stuck, super genius, not gvooryu it as a whole does not look

291dulw.jpg

I beg to respond, DE we will believe and know that you can do better!

I am sorry for my bad english

I'm still chuckling and shaking my head at "knee pads".

But yeah, I think the armor could have been done a lot more carefully. Right now it looks like the little plastic things you snap on to your low-quality 90's action figurine, as one person in another thread put it. The biggest problem isn't the modelling, it's the texturing-- the Daedalus set, for example, looks simply too "dull" and "matte" and sharply contrasts the saturated, glossy textures that Warframes have (hence the low-quality "snap-on plastic action figure armor" appearance). You can see in OP's picture that the Daedalus shoulder pad's colour is slightly, but still noticeably, duller than the Loki frame itself, and has virtually zero gloss.

The Eos textures, on the other hand, were very well done. While the model doesn't suit all frames, the glossiness and colour saturation of its textures suit them quite nicely. It truly looks like something that could protect (that tiny region of) the Warframe, whereas the Daedalus looks like it would deform if a five-year-old were to whack it against another action figure.

Edited by SortaRandom

>Places all different pieces of armor on

>Says it looks awful

But seriously, everything has looked great on the dozen frames I tried them on. The only real complaint is the position of the 'leg' armor, and it's various clipping issues across the board. It seems like the pieces themselves were intended for the knees originally, but were moved for the sake of how complicated some frames are in that area.

But you arent even wearing a full set. Also you have to understand that DE doesnt want the armour to alter the appearance of the frame too much and making the set look different for each frame would take quite some time and man power. By doing so they would need to make a different version of pre-existing armour everytime a new frame is released.

Edited by Shreiko

... You deliberately applied mismatched armor pieces and then you complain about them not matching? 

IT'S YOUR FAULT THAT THEY DON'T MATCH! 

AelbIYj.gif

They're supposed to look different. The Eos pieces look better on thinner frames while the Daedalus pieces look better on Bullkier frames.

Of course it's not going to look good if you don't try to coordinate them at all.  

EDIT: Don't forget to adjust the color of your accessories. You can color them separately from the warframe to make it look however you want. 

Edited by Plasmaface

>Places all different pieces of armor on

>Says it looks awful

But seriously, everything has looked great on the dozen frames I tried them on. The only real complaint is the position of the 'leg' armor, and it's various clipping issues across the board. It seems like the pieces themselves were intended for the knees originally, but were moved for the sake of how complicated some frames are in that area.

Modifications matter placed over w-frame, but not in color. Nerd

That picture is using two different sets of armor. They aren't supposed to match.

It makes no sense to lay out a screen set of armor, I just showed the problem areas.

Edited by STARL1GHT

*Psst, you can color them separately from the warframe to make them look they way you want them to look.*

Whoa, what? This is news to me.

I thought this was only for Syandanas? If it applies to armor as well, then I guess I'm gonna have to buy some of them plastic snap-ons as soon as I get home.

Mixed reactions, but that is pretty reasonable.  We are keeping an eye on the feedback.  Some of what you are asking for we did have in mind, but there have been a couple of suggestions that we hadn't thought of that we're starting to look at this morning.

The first sets are fairly cautious and we'll be pushing things a lot further in the next few months.  Now that we've gone through the process to get a few pieces done it's a lot easier to see things in the context of the game and should allow for faster / better iteration.

I'm hoping, as we get more options out there, you'll be able to set things up the way you want.  For example the Eos legs have a spur in mind more than amour per se, whereas some of the stuff we have on the drawing board will be more of a greave / suneate.  The player looking for a front mounted heavy suneate doesn't have that option yet etc.

personally i would like the armor to be a bit more noticable rather than little pieces of decorations , it hardly looks good on most of the warframes , IMHO i would have been much more happier if you had stuck with Re-skined warframes like the prototype excal one , that would have been better

but so long as the armor gets fixed and adjusted to feedback then il be awaitng the improvements

Whoa, what? This is news to me.

I thought this was only for Syandanas? If it applies to armor as well, then I guess I'm gonna have to buy some of them plastic snap-ons as soon as I get home.

It's for every single attachment. Syandana, weapon attachments, Warframe armor bits, everything.

Can't we change the color of each component? I thought we could now?

Only syandanas, at the moment. Armor pieces take their colors based on your warframe colors.

I've personally beeing using Daedalus on all my "heavy" frames like Rhino and Frost, and Eos on the "light" ones like Ash.

... You deliberately applied mismatched armor pieces and then you complain about them not matching? 

IT'S YOUR FAULT THAT THEY DON'T MATCH! 

AelbIYj.gif

They're supposed to look different. The Eos pieces look better on thinner frames while the Daedalus pieces look better on Bullkier frames.

It's like you just closed your eyes, randomly clicked all over the screen, and then complained that you wound up with something that wasn't visually appealing. 

Overall, I believe that this thread is completely pointless. 

Just to write, no semantic load. On the full set

2cq02uh.jpg

And here your colors when I'm talking about bad accommodation BOOKING ON w-frame.

Edited by STARL1GHT

Just to write, no semantic load. On the full set

2cq02uh.jpg

And here your colors when I'm talking about bad accommodation BOOKING ON

You need to adjust the colors on the accessories. you can do it from the "Attatchments" menu. Just color them the way you want and they'll look far better than they do now. 

All this parts of armor look like a condoms on all frames(maybe only except Eos chestguard), and in fact if this is armor then it must provide boosts.

Next time when you wiil made such "things" you should better think about what is it an additional armor elements for bio-nanotechnological void assassins battle suits and what they must do.