Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Give Us Some Heavy Weaps That Focus On Puncture ! And Swords Etc Only Daggers Have Good Puncture

Doughalo2

they seem to hate puncture damage on melee weapons

Not really, historically there are very few melee weapon types that relied on stabbing to begin with, and the largest of those was designed for countering cavalry.

That said though, we need a rapier type weapon in Warframe now.

I can see a shotgun with nails for ammo being a good piercing weapon lol (however, it'd probably wouldn't really look good unless it was possibly Grineer).

As for a sword, I think Fencing should act as a nice piercing attack style (Rapiers have nice form in it), but knowing how difficult it is to stay close long enough to do the whole form, it would only be useful against Infested... not Grineer. Those guys are too squirrel-ly.

Not really, historically there are very few melee weapon types that relied on stabbing to begin with, and the largest of those was designed for countering cavalry.

That said though, we need a rapier type weapon in Warframe now.

Some of the heavy weapons would make sense to have puncture on them

Just focus on either viral or radiation damage >.> base damage will be lowered because of armor but the elemental bonus damage will make up for it. o.o though thats just me swinging around a dragon nikita and killing everything in a few hits. (o.o thinks the nerf train may come for it next)

Most things just plain have slash/impact because puncture just seems unrealistic unless your stabbing over and over. (stance mods have stab attacks but ummm majority of the time your just swinging randomly)

KUSARIGAMA. There. I said it.

If more people knew what this was, they'd definitely be in line with wanting it. I'm sure they've all seen the Chain and Sickle in classic ninja movies or depictions growing up. It'd work rather excellently with the charge mechanic feature throwing weapons have (throwing the chain grapples into a prompt to start combo's) and would be a good hybrid and test for how to further evolve their melee system.

Spears would be great. Bonus points if they come with an electrified net that I can use to trap people.

Also Javelins. Or maybe a harpoon so that I can throw it at someone and then explain how it magically reappears in my had seconds later.

Spears can puncture for sure.

Javelins as well.

A javelin would make for a great throwing weapon too, I don't think we have one that's puncture-centric yet (with the Glaive being slash and Kestrel being impact). Not sure how it would return to you but it is the future so I'm sure they could think of something.