Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Possible Scam Alert!

(PSN)talon1377

There is a user that last night was selling me the Tethra mod set for 180p. He put 3 of the 4 mod cards in the trading boxes and I entered the 180p. He took the 180p and instantly blocked comunication/left dojo/logged out of PSN. He wont reply to me anymore to me and I'm out the last mod (high voltage) he was suppose to give me. I took pictures of the whole transaction as proof. I realize I was dumb in trusting him but I don't want to see it happen to others.
FYI, I see that he is logged into trading this morning selling the same set again.....this is not cool. He should be banned. I don't see anyway to post pictures or I'd do so. Admin if you need them contact me and i'll send them.
Thanks, talon1377

Edited by Haldos
Naming and shaming

If you have screenshots of the chat and trade between you and him, you should send them off to support. They can help you. Even if you don't, you should still send a support claim.

Otherwise, be more careful next time. If you're having to do the trade in parts, never put up your entire end of the deal at once.

It sucks, but thankfully DE has awesome support for when it does happen.

Edited by Charismo

Naming and shaming is highly discouraged, I recommend you remove the name from the post.

I suggest you get onto support and explain the situation to them. If you have proof it will make the process much easier.

Edited by Santaphrax

There is a user that last night was selling me the Tethra mod set for 180p. He put 3 of the 4 mod cards in the trading boxes and I entered the 180p. He took the 180p and instantly blocked comunication/left dojo/logged out of PSN. He wont reply to me anymore to me and I'm out the last mod (high voltage) he was suppose to give me. I took pictures of the whole transaction as proof. I realize I was dumb in trusting him but I don't want to see it happen to others.

FYI, I see that he is logged into trading this morning selling the same set again.....this is not cool. He should be banned. I don't see anyway to post pictures or I'd do so. Admin if you need them contact me and i'll send them.

Thanks, talon1377

Next time you should do two mods for half the price over two trades in the future. 

Perhaps if we didn't had this trade limitations to make like Mastery Rank actually means something, this sort of thing wouldn't happen. And while we're at it, let is trade EVERYTHING goddamn it, let me give my friends pieces of Vauban or some Dark Daggers!

Name'n'shame.

It's against the rules on the forums.

Send a support ticket, the chance someone from D.E. sees this is slim and only they can help you.

1. No naming and shaming on forums. Remove his nick

2. Wrong section

3. Wrong place at all, you should contact Support instead, we on forums can't help you: http://support.warframe.com/

Naming and shaming is highly discouraged, I recommend you remove the name from the post.

I suggest you get onto support and explain the situation to them. If you have proof it will make the process much easier.

I don't see a problem with "naming and shaming" if someone is being a piece of S#&$ than the reputation of being a total piece of S#&$ should follow them, its stupid not to mention who is being a scammer/con man/assclown. F*** those people.

I fully agree, but what can we do, if it's the rule on the forums? We need to obey it.

@ShadowDragon000
They added those rules to prevent people for claiming so-and-so was a $&*^/scammer/cheater/what-have-you and spreading defamation in order to ostracize so-and-so even though they are innocent and the person doing the defaming is simply a troll.
And its not hard to fake some "proof" about in game interactions.

@OP
If you are ever trading for more than 3 mods then split it up so you dont send the full amount at once to minimize the loss.  If they dont agree to splitting the payment up then find someone else to trade with.
Sorry to hear you were trolled like that but you can try sending in a support ticket.
You can do so here: support.warframe.com
You'll want to include any pictures you have.
They may not do anything as they warn that they are not responsible for trade interactions like this between players.  So its hard to say whether they will help you out or not.

Edited by Tsukinoki

Sorry i'm new to the forums and didn't know that rule of no names. I just didn't want this to happen to others and if I don't give user name whats the point? When I read the forum rules it said no names but i didnt see anything about usernames from the way I read it. I looked through the support but didn't see anything appropreate to post too. I'll look again. I'm also new to trading so live and learn. The loss of money is no big deal since I'm an adult but I wouldn't want this to happen to anyones kid; by this guy or others like him. BTW it should be easier to find help so we don't have to post in open forums. Thx for your replies. I also agree the trading system needs an overhaul to allow 4 items at once. Splitting funds when you have 3 trading slots is difficult. Take care.

whats the problem exactly here? both sides have to "confirm" their transaction/offerings.

he cant "just steal" your 180p unless you accepted it and if he removed the mods they would show as removed??

sounds like you blindly just clicked accept without waiting for him to enter his stuff.

what am i missing??

Edited by Methanoid

I thought DE stated they won't have anything to do with trades. You can see it when you open trade channel

DE quite clearly state in the chat window they will enforce trades for platinum, mods and BPs.

Edited by (PS4)atpbx

Perhaps if we didn't had this trade limitations to make like Mastery Rank actually means something, this sort of thing wouldn't happen. And while we're at it, let is trade EVERYTHING goddamn it, let me give my friends pieces of Vauban or some Dark Daggers!

A better solution would be an auction.

Free for all players to use. Just put your items up there with the price you want and you're set.

whats the problem exactly here? both sides have to "confirm" their transaction/offerings.

he cant "just steal" your 180p unless you accepted it and if he removed the mods they would show as removed??

sounds like you blindly just clicked accept without waiting for him to enter his stuff.

what am i missing??

He was scammed via design flaw.  Read again.

There is also a scam going around with people trying to scam you of Rhino Prime blueprints. (parts)

You advertise that you're looking to buy Rhino Prime parts. a user will pm you about it and you'll be invited to a dojo to trade.

Instead of putting the "Rhino Prime" blueprints in the trade they'll put in Mag Prime parts instead. (I'm not talking about the main blueprint. Just the other parts.)

For those not paying attention they'll likely end up getting scammed. 

I saw this happen with my sister. She didn't buy from the scammer because we happened to both be looking at the pc screen and caught him out.

The guy said he didn't have mag prime parts and that was the last I remember hearing from them.

As people have been saying. Don't pay for it all in one go. If you're buying more than 3 items keep aside the amount you'd pay for it and do a 2nd trade.

Otherwise you could get scammed.

Also. Always pay attention to the trade window. Double check things before "accepting trade"

Take a screenshot of a scam attempt if you feel it is necessary and if you have been scammed contact support immediately.

Edited by Sutherland

You should have given him 135 plat for the 3, and gave him last 45 for last mod. Easy tactics to counter this.

It is your fault for not doing that. Also, would be funny if Support can take that last mod from him, and give it to you and remove his 180 platinum.

Next time you should do two mods for half the price over two trades in the future. 

^ this

People are too quick to trust others.

I was trading the entire paris prime set for x plat yesterday. Ofc I couldn't trade all 5 items at once, but the other player traded the x plat for 3 items right away.

and of course I also gave him the remaining 2 items.... though I could have easily scammed him. But a deal is a deal.