Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oberon New Abilities

JuggleMcSnuggle

Oberon is pretty much the best looking warframe throw his immortal skin on he look like a complete badass.

Anyway Oberon abilities suck there lackluster boring and just useless all but reckoning which does some pretty good damage. He suppose to be some kind of healer too.........ha good luck with renewal. Here three new abilities for him. 

Hand of Salvation: Similar to Nekros soul punch but the after effect doesn't attack enemy it heals teammates and boost there running speed instant no travel time.

Divine Light: Which he shoot a ball of light in to the air blinding all surrounding enemy.

Grants: Which is a trigger ability anything Oberon kills while Grants is activated has a chance of drop mods and orbs. Same chance as Nekros.

Reckoning: Same as it is but need a little buff.

I really really like the first skill, though I'd make it his second instead.

It seems tradition to have a wimpy damage skill for the first one, so keep Smite and perhaps buff the rebounding particles to track in on nearby targets after their first bounce or something akin to that.

I'd say move Divine Light to his third. To perhaps differentiate it from Excalibur and to solidify his position as a support/offense hybrid, make it work like Anti-Matter Drop where you can control an orb's flight path. Make zooming in/alt fire button make it detonate prematurely and blind everything in a radius, while hitting something directly or a wall will make it detonate and deal damage instead, and guarantee a procc (Oberon's thing seems to be Radiation, so Radiation). It doesn't get any of the damage boosts from shooting it like Nova though.

Grants kinda infringes on Nekros territory but the killing part kinda cripples it versus him, as securing a kill can be hard in some scenarios.

tldr keep Smite and ditch Grants (his skillset would be Smite / Hand of Salvation / Divine Light / Reckoning).

no he is fine actually. his first ability needs to be better. instead of just going off and bouncing it needs something else.  his hallowed ground is beautiful the only thing i think it needs is a slowing effect.  I say this cause during the Ciero Crisis i held back an army of grineer with just that ability and   end game i had 1456 kills.  his third ability needs to act on all people and slowly heal them.  as for his last ability i say give it a damage buff cause it is still a support ability cause it drops health orbs.  all in all he is a good frame just needs a little buffing.  Specially since the nova nerf he is now the best frame with room clear.

I to would like Oberon to be re imagined. to both look and act more like a Paladin, I have always LOVED playing Paladins in any game which made me disappointed to see the very bad job DE did with him, plus the fact that Paladins and Druids dont mix. I do what to know what Minky was thinking with that. Paladins are self sustaining tank healers, while Druids are Squishy buffing healers. Paladins are holy knights, Druids are hermits who worship the forest and can shapeshift 

Edited by Senketsu_

Posted Today by CharlieTheGunner, 08:20 PM

oberon first and second ability are pretty lackluster, i can spam his 4th ability and clean hallways(thxs rage) with it all the way until i can no longer heal myself fast enough

True that u can not heal urself fast but that is why u ulti for the orbs and the healing is for ur team and like i said it needs to just activate on the team and not when YOU activate it goes to ur team from where u are.  Like i said all his second needs is a slow.  cause i am sorry but i never use smite cause i do not like it.

Most often when people think of paladins they think a tanky fighter with a hint of spellcasting to buff.  Preferrably I'd want two skills each for offense-ish skills and defensive-ish skills making fit that hybrid style of play.

Edit: Or you know, change his powerset theme whatever.

Edited by Irorone

That is why i say add the slow effect on hallowed ground. make his heal better not into the trinty area but it just heals the team without traveling. smite i believe needs to be something that u put onto a teammate to where they get att damage buff and att speed buff or just one or the other. his reckoning can be a go offensive but it is defensive cause it knocks down the enemies and gives out health orbs. so he is a good frame just needs something more

Edited by HellFireSoul

i think oberon needs a complete re-imagining DE you didn't make a paladin you made a hunter bloke who straps dear horns to his head, try again for paladin, for now give oberon some natury stuff

I get a Paladin-Druid mix from him - things like Reckoning and Hallowed Ground are very Paladin-esq whereas Smite and Renewal are very Druid-like.

It's nice to see, in my opinion, something that isn't pigeonholed into one particular trope - like what they did with Nekros, supposedly he's a "shaman" but he still feels much more like a Nekromancer - but instead takes two tropes and combines them together. Even the appearance, once you look past the helmet, harkens in a paladin-druid mix - the horns and base coloration (as well as "hooves") all feel druid, but there is also a sort of tabard and armor look to him that, again, shows off his paladin side.

I give props to DE for creativity on this one, and request that people STOP trying to change the frame but instead accept and base their opinions around what it is and NOT what they think it should be.

Edited by Morec0

Poor Oberon, reduced to random boss credits... Not that credits are useful either.

I remember starting up again after being away a year and thinking ooohh a Paladin warframe, I like paladin skill sets, I hate RP with one but the class is cool, that should be fun....  Nope,debatable worst frame in the game.