Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's A Good Rifle That Isn't Prime/soma?

Escherionix

Question

I've been in a crave for a new weapon,I've got some good weapon but getting bored of them pretty quickly,and primes are just too expensive/rare for me to try hunting for them (plus summer lazyness),so what's a good rifle that is from the market or researched?

karak, Latron, ignis is technically a rifle. the attica is pretty good if you feel like stretching your definition of a rifle to anything that takes rifle mods.

Edit: grinlock is pretty solid from what i here, as well.

Edited by Entari0

Karak's golden for mid-long range combat, particularly with it's slightly awkward reload and shallow mag, which isn't every condusive to close-up work. For close-mid, the Boltor mulches almost anything with great aplomb. Pinning S#&$ to walls is a nice bonus.

I would like to say Karak as well. It was my first rifle I purchased and it never did me wrong and modding it was very easy as well. It already fires fast and extending the magazine helps out quite a bit. I basically modded it to play off it's base stats and switched elemental effects per faction I was going against. I had it potatoed as well. Cheap and effective.

Make the Burston, Latron, Boltor, and Hind. They are easy to level and are very powerful.

You will sell them once you get primed version/Soma. If you have some good resources, make the Sybaris, but if you really want a change of pace, make a shotgun. Hek rejuvenated the game for me. I can't bring myself to sell it.

I personally think the Karak was underwhelming. If you stick to Corpus, it's ok, but you have to reload so much with this gun. I would pass on it myself unless you need affinity.

i dont go for 'one gun to rule them all' and then respec the weapon when fighting a particular faction. i prefer choosing a weapon that outshines the others vs a faction and modding to its strengths.

ignis for infested. falls short on ancients but a secondary can take care of them. got my ignis dealing gas atm. i specced it for radiation a few days ago but instead of killing infested it just caused the infested to kill each other. pretty amusing actually.

grakata with magnetic and toxin for corpus. keen to try the karak against them.

boltor for grineer, punture heavy with corrosive or radiation.

corrupted are tough. i dont have a soma but i see alot of people run it in Void missions. my next build or buy but my boltor sorts them out mostly for now.

there are a heap of weapons i have not acquired yet though but i am looking forward to the r&d