The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Has *anybody* Gotten Gleaming Talon As A Drop?

[DE]Momaw

I have been trying to get this mod for literally a week.   My codex was maxed out on leech ospreys and leech osprey eximus units on day two.  I've picked up multiple copies of Jagged Edge, Gnashing Payara, Split Chamber, and other rares that are supposed to drop from the enemies I'm fighting.  But I've blown up thousands of leech ospreys and not a single gleaming talon.   Everybody I have talked to in trading says they transmuted it.

There's "rare" and then there's  "is this even working".  >:|

Transmutation, if the Corpus knew how much money I was flushing down the proverbial toilet like this they'd have collective ultra heart attacks.

My next goal is transmuting Rending Crane, then the dagger stance I'm missing.  Already got the terribad slow Pointed Wind of course  T_T  Though I need to quit being lazy and figure out their polarities.

I got a 2nd one in transmutation yesterday........ and still no crimson dervish

I'm happy just to see Bombards.. still no Crimson Dervish too...

Transmutation, if the Corpus knew how much money I was flushing down the proverbial toilet like this they'd have collective ultra heart attacks.

My next goal is transmuting Rending Crane, then the dagger stance I'm missing.  Already got the terribad slow Pointed Wind of course  T_T  Though I need to quit being lazy and figure out their polarities.

got one from transmutation and 1 lucky random drop from xini while i was leveling up my Angstrum and Sybaris

What do you guys use for transmutation? Just any rares?

Does the myth about not using warframe abilities true?

So far every single person that has said they got it as a drop, said they got it on Xini.  This is very suspicious.

Xini spawns Leech Ospreys from wave 5 onwards IIRC

Other places don't spawn them for a bit longer, or don't have the same rates.

It is by far the best place to farm it.

I'm happy just to see Bombards.. still no Crimson Dervish too...

What do you guys use for transmutation? Just any rares?

Does the myth about not using warframe abilities true?

Nothing is ever a guarantee with Transmutation, that being said your chances are better if you match both the polarity and rarity value amongst your 4 offerings with those statistics of what you're hoping to obtain.

Finally got Shotgun Spaz just last night after countless failed void runs and like I mentioned, only missing 2 stances at the moment (PS4 doesn't have Decisive Judgment yet).

If you don't know the polarity, just make sure none of them match and go from there.  As far as not using Warframe ability mods, I used four Contagions to obtain one of the stances, but it's still all random.  All you can do is sway it in your favor to a degree by utilizing those two variables.

Best ironic part was when I was farming for Grim Fury on one of the very few Grineer nodes left and using the credits obtained to transmute for it every handful of runs.  Got it from transmute after 3 days of trying, then an alert popped up and I got a second copy as a drop.

2 of the same thing within five minutes... RNG loves messing with you, so don't take transmute too seriously or you'll go nuts.

Xini spawns Leech Ospreys from wave 5 onwards IIRC

Other places don't spawn them for a bit longer, or don't have the same rates.

Ose on Europa (survival) spawns leech ospreys right from the start, and that's where I've been farming.  I think you missed the part of my post where I indicated that I have no trouble finding the enemy in question.