Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Love The New Alerts... But...

Revel72

I would ascribe it to Corpus weapons being mainly puncture, but that's only a 15% penalty against shields and a 15% boost against armour (however small your armour is, you still have it and it still applies modifiers).

That strangeness aside, I loved the crap out of these missions.

55% boost, however, it's not actually bonus damage, it's 55% of your armor is ignored, of which I only have 15, so I go from 0.5% DR to less than 0.25% DR. It's kinda a pointless difference haha

Anyways whoever said that their Rhino melted clearly doesn't play Rhino right. I had to recast IS once the entire first run I did on Rhino, and that includes my charging head first at things the entire run. And no, I wasn't stomping. I literally *only* run IS on Rhino.

Of course, I also run Blind Rage on my Rhino, but still.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

Yeah, so stop facetanking everything, use cover and your abilities to your advantage. The point of these missions is that they're meant to be more challenging than the usual an encourage players to use tactics other than running through the level spraying like madmen.

I have recently returned from a brief cryo sleep and I must say that I agree with the statements saying things have gotten to easy...I mean farming and getting a warframe used to mean you spent time to get it (or platinum shhhhhh) now it just means you farmed a boss that is easier  than it was before about four times. I wish the games missions were all like this lol then it would be a challenge to do things and it would mean something in doing said things. Just my 2 credits.

How the hell are u guys getting one shotted...really?

I played both the Reactor n Cosmic Specter alerts.....One with Loki.....other with Vauban...

In the first one.....I was invisible the whole time......Second time I did get hit...but I didnt get one shotted...I just used loads of bastille n shot those hanging robots.....It was pretty much same as other missions.....Probably because I killed them with my Synapse before they shot me....I dont know....

But one thing for sure.....I didnt feel that these alerts were really tough.....

So,if u get one shotted....thats ur problem....unless everyone gets one shotted....something like the previously overpowered Stalker a few months back.

N stop referring to CoD....You sound like an idiot when you say Warframe feels like CoD....How the hell can a PvE game feel like a PvP game?!!

How the hell are u guys getting one shotted...really?

I played both the Reactor n Cosmic Specter alerts.....One with Loki.....other with Vauban...

In the first one.....I was invisible the whole time......Second time I did get hit...but I didnt get one shotted...I just used loads of bastille n shot those hanging robots.....It was pretty much same as other missions.....Probably because I killed them with my Synapse before they shot me....I dont know....

But one thing for sure.....I didnt feel that these alerts were really tough.....

So,if u get one shotted....thats ur problem....unless everyone gets one shotted....something like the previously overpowered Stalker a few months back.

N stop referring to CoD....You sound like an idiot when you say Warframe feels like CoD....How the hell can a PvE game feel like a PvP game?!!

As another guy not having trouble, you're being obtuse. The Techs in these missions, even the Moas can take down most 'frames in a second flat. That's not an exaggeration either, I've been full to zeroed in less than a second while running with my Loki. They're possible, easily enough and they encourage tactics instead of bumrushing like usual, which I like but the enemies are easily capable of, not one shotting, but taking down a 'frame in a single quick burst.

Edited by TheHeraldXII

WTF DE?! Corpus weaponry is seriously one shot everything that is not Rhino with Iron skin.

Look I am fine if game needs to be liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle bit difficult but this... Is like new @(*()$ CoD business nearly. Well at least on game play. Everything else is different.

I get one shot by a tech what is 15 leveled? YEah... Sounds like an empowered version of Ameli now... Doesn't it? Look you don't turn light machine gun like weapon in to a fusion of a @(*()$ shotgun and sniper damage weapon. That is just depressing and making your customers seriously angry. I have now already lost about 7 revives.

the fun part is that the sniper moas oneshot your iron skin

(btw i did the missions with nyx was way easier)

Excalibur (prime).

Seriously. Dash in, blind, kill everything, repeat. Excal can destroy the G3 using the same tactic, and they're a great deal tougher than a bunch of guards.

I like this challenge. Sure I can't solo this event worth a damn (thats because I prefer playing Nyx), but I like the fact that its curbstomping me so hard that I need help. This hardly ever happens.

Edited by Pizzarugi

True, the DMG has been buffed a lot.

Its a lot of fun and I had to actually use cover :D

Its a good change.

First run I did as Nyx and was lucky that I did lol. Absorb saved me since the enemies did over 10k DMG in 7 secs.

Second time since I was ready volt was better since I could stunlock most stuff.

I tried Solo'ing one with Rhino Prime, Reaper Prime, and Amprex, No sentinel.

I got killed four times.

Also, when i use Rhino Stomp, everything in the room died instantly, but i love that they could actually fight back!

When i met 5 Tech's i found myself having to take cover, and that's a good thing

Edited by deltaheavy

I made my oberon fully built for healing teammates... I realized how useless he was when my teammates died in one shot.

High level survivability died thanks to trinity's nerf. [And even she is useless in situations like these]

Link + timely Blessing = enemies kill themselves while you take little damage.

I don't by any means object to DE attempting more difficulty, but I have two complaints about how it is being handled. 

1. False Level Information - The mission screen told me the alert would be level ~20, and that level is also displayed on individual enemies.  Based on how much damage those units were pumping out, they were at least level 40.  I was rocking a very well-modded Rhino and weapons (solo), so my only death was due to surprise (I rushed into the middle of a large crowd of them since I assumed they weren't going to be getting through Iron Skin).  But for players who can only handle a level 20 mission, this would be a very cruel joke. 

2. Damage as Difficulty - As soon as DE realized that players wanted more difficulty, I began to dread their inevitable response.  I pretty much knew this would be the form of difficulty they chose, since it is the easiest to implement (my second guess was more stuns).  But increased damage (and even health) don't actually increase difficulty.  They are just stat checks.  There is simply no way an unmodded player can get through the highest level missions.  DE clearly haven't learned anything from Stalker's example.  Players (rightly) demanded a harder boss, but DE just upped his damage and health to ludicrous amounts and gave him a way to cancel abilities.  Now he is the most literal stat check imaginable: either players kill him in ~5 seconds (which most players cannot do) or he murders them soon after.  Again, that's not difficulty.  Difficulty would be making him possess complicated attack patterns that need to be learned and avoided, while also making him attempt to dodge player attacks by rolling, platforming, jumping, sliding, etc.  If this is the sort of difficulty that DE plans to add to the main game, there are going to be mountains of dead newbies (who simply don't have the stats to combat this).

3 pages and no one seems to notice that these enemies have increased dmg nightmare mutator on them, its not harder than nightmares, its nightmare without timer.

I didn't even know there was a nightmare damage modifier....  Then again, I haven't played any nightmare missions in months, since I already have all the rewards.  However, my previous points still stand.  True difficulty doesn't come strictly from damage and health.  You need skill to be the overriding factor (in most cases, this takes the form of ways to reliably avoid damage).  That's why most people view nightmare mode as cheap and frustrating instead of challenging (plus, all of the modifiers are determined by RNG). 

*Whines game is too easy.

DE releases something harder

*whines the game is hard.

Just stop it, you're looking stupid.

I actually didn't give a crap when my banshee was downed in 2 seconds, i took it as a challenge and completed most of those alerts in solo mode.

*Whines game is too easy.

DE releases something harder

*whines the game is hard.

Just stop it, you're looking stupid.

I actually didn't give a crap when my banshee was downed in 2 seconds, i took it as a challenge and completed most of those alerts in solo mode.

*Thinks the community is a hivemind*

*Thinks that this was what the EVERYONE in the community who wanted challenge asked*

Just stop it, you're looking stupid

55% boost, however, it's not actually bonus damage, it's 55% of your armor is ignored, of which I only have 15, so I go from 0.5% DR to less than 0.25% DR. It's kinda a pointless difference haha

Is it actually ignoring armour? I haven't been able to find any concrete information on how it works under damage 2.0.

Is it actually ignoring armour? I haven't been able to find any concrete information on how it works under damage 2.0.

Pretty sure that damage amp/res on Alloy and Ferrite are related to the armor values, not actual damage.

Makes sense from the numbers I get on my pure corrosive Lanka.

Could be wrong, Damage 2.0 is clunky and only conditionally better than 1.0. Honestly I'd rather still be using 1.0, things were a lot more simple.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

By the way, the event rewards are astronomical. We're looking at potatoes, lots of R5 cores, and 150k credits as possible rewards. Why should the enemies be weak little pansies, when the reward is so good? I like that the enemies can 1-3shot me, it makes it all the more worth it for the big rewards.

Either play more carefully, run a frame that can spam CC (excalibur's radial blind) in solo, play with pubs, or don't do the event at all.

Edited by Pizzarugi

Either play more carefully, run a frame that can spam CC (excalibur's radial blind) in solo, play with pubs, or don't do the event at all.

Or play Loki.

The only time I die is when some fool steps right behind me and draws enemy fire into me directly, or if some idiot dies and my Invisibility wears off while I'm rezzing.

I suppose Ash could work too.

This event has given me some new love for the trickster god.

Edited by Xylia