Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime's Lore

The Corpus went into the void, and found Orokin artifacts, which they shoved into Valkyr against her will, which caused her to transform into....VALKYR PRIME. 100x more &!$$ed off than her normal counterpart.

100X more pissed off? If we get her to the level of this guy:

3asura.jpg

well S#&$.....

Pff, like the Orokin would keep a pacifist tenno around.  Tenno were made to fight the Sentient War, and that means even the hippiest of Tenno fought in said war.

Valkyr is an Orokin era Tenno, not Corpus made - they just left some experimentation bits.  However, to get a prime at this point, it would probably be like going super Tenno when she gains enlightenment or some such BS since her current warframe looks more like muscle fiber that is meant to sit under the warframe's outer shell (and yet she has the highest armor rating...)

Personally might prefer Valkyr Vandal or Wraith though.  Imagine if she looked like an actual Corpus-made warframe.  But why wraith?  Alad V's research was seized, and the Corpus are willing to sell to the Grineer for the right price.   That's valuable data on a much hated enemy of the Grineer, and if said data contains DNA, Tyr Regol might be more than interested in it.

...See how I set up the next Grineer boss make over?

Read about what earlier poster was referring too and we will eventually get pre valkyr, valkyr. She wasn't anything like she is now. I believe said someone said something about having a sort of plant look (as can be seen on what's left of her face). Valkyr as is will probably be the closet thing we get to a Vandal anything. We may eventually get skins for the factions but it will more than likely just be a skin and not a full rework like the primes.

But then her rage abilities wouldn't be transferred to the next suit. This also raises another question. How many "Valkyrs" did the Corpus have in the first place? 

Remember that the Warframe are _conduits_ but they also focus the Void energy into the specific effect. There is no reason not to assume that the Warframe being worn by a Tenno who manifested new abilities wouldn't retain an imprint of those abilities. (In fact I'll wager that is how _all_ the Warframe got their dedicated abilities, from the first Tenno they were built around, and hence when these unique Warframes were copied _any_ Tenno could manifest those abilities once trained with the Warframe)

Then we get blueprints based on the "tainted" Warframe that enables our Tenno to channel _their_ rage.

Personally I think that the pre-torture Valkyr probably have very similar abilities just not based on "rage". The "Rage" simply allowed the Tenno to active the abilities even when the Corpus though they were disabled/dampened.

"Energy lasso", "Shield Bash", "Intimidate/Rally", "Energy Spear/Sword/Axe" Are all valid powers for a Warframe called "Valkyr" and the only difference between these and what we have now is the intent, not the end effect

Edited by SilentMobius

Remember that the Warframe are _conduits_ but they also focus the Void energy into the specific effect. There is no reason not to assume that the Warframe being worn by a Tenno who manifested new abilities wouldn't retain an imprint of those abilities.

Then we get blueprints based on the "tainted" Warframe that enables our Tenno to channel _their_ rage.

Personally I think that the pre-torture Valkyr probably have very similar abilities just not based on "rage". The "Rage" simply allowed the Tenno to active the abilities even when the Corpus though they were disabled/dampened.

"Energy lasso", "Shield Bash", "Intimidate/Rally", "Energy Spear/Sword/Axe" Are all valid powers for a Warframe called "Valkyr" and the only difference between these and what we have now is the intent, not the end effect

I agree with this idea. While the current Valkyr's abilities are based on rage, Valkyr Prime's abilities would undoubtedly be themed around tranquil fury or something alone those lines.

Just more fuel for (fun) discussion

I see at least 3 potential versions of Valkyr at the moment:

- The current altered Valkyr
- the original unaltered Valkyr
- the possible Prime form of the unaltered Valkyr.

Regarding Valkyr's powers being "anger", I think we can look from the side and see the current Valkyr's powers as her original ones but channeled with violent anger, rather than just "based on anger".

So what could the original powers/theme/portfolio be? We could try to gain clues from her current abilities:

Ripline - this one seems too generic, and just makes use of the riplines that she has. could just be attributed to the hooks she carries. (manipulated by injecting energy)

Warcry - This boosts ally speed and armor, and slow enemy speed.  It may either hint at ability to influence the body psychologically or physiologically.

Paralysis - converts 50% of remaining shield to AOE damage + stun. This could either be some ability to convert the energy into force, or just somehow intentionally shorting the shield system. Could be attributed to her "repaired" shield system, which she has learnt how to selectively short-circuit, by channeling energy into it.

Hysteria - gains powerful melee (claws), gain health from damage, invulnerable to stun/damage, and gain "magical opponents" which must be killed or the damage they deal will be applied when ability ends. This ability is a strange mix. While the increased melee and invulnerability alone can be explained with using energy to temporarily alter herself physiologically (which "agrees" with Warcry), the "magical opponent" part may touch on the mystical or even time (paradox) based powers. In this hypothesis, the "invulnerability" is not really stopping damage, but rather "delaying" damage, then manipulate time somehow that when the damage dealer dies, the damage "done" is "undone" (because it never happened).

Summary
1. She seems to be able to channel energy into items/systems to manipulate it somehow (the hooks in Ripline, shield system in Paralysis)
2. She seems to be able to manipulate the physiology of allies, enemies and herself (hi natural armor, Warcry, Hysteria).
3. She seems to have some strange mystical time/space/fate related abilities (kill marked enemies in Hysteria to "erase" the damage they do to Valkyr.)

Given the possibility that she may have lost some of her original powers and gain "new" ones during the torture, I think we can attribute summary 1. above to results of the Corpus experiments. while 2 and 3 could be shadows/reduced/mutated versions of her former powers.

For an interesting case, her original sphere could actually be Mystic/Space-Time/Fate, which could really contrast with her current form, and how the Corpus experiments has "twisted" her.

No, I assure you she was mechanically violated by the Corpus.

do you even read what I wrote? or your vision is blurry as your hand hairy? dude, don't make responses without reading the comments... I made a joke about the op logic with a different frame and change the text.... is even in capital letters

I agree with this idea. While the current Valkyr's abilities are based on rage, Valkyr Prime's abilities would undoubtedly be themed around tranquil fury or something alone those lines.

You may remember, but didn't DE state that Pre-Salad Valkyr's power set was complete different from her current one.  That she developed entirely new powers through her ordeal and lost the original ones?  Or my brain is making things up again lol

You may remember, but didn't DE state that Pre-Salad Valkyr's power set was complete different from her current one.  That she developed entirely new powers through her ordeal and lost the original ones?  Or my brain is making things up again lol

Nope you right

My Interpretation of Valkyr is she is the equivalent of the character Frankenstein. I believe Valkyr is a amalgamation of different captured Warframes and Salad trying to create his own Warframe. That is why no Prime can be made of her because she has no actual original version to made from. 

Just more fuel for (fun) discussion

cut short for space but i can mostly agree with what youve got goin on there. The only way a prime 'valkyr' would make sense is how youve got the progression there. First we get the unaltered one then we get prime of that. its the only way lore wise it makes sense.

Im personally for the idea of unaltered valkyr's abilities being 100% different. Like no relation at all or anyhting. Reinforces the idea that whatever alad did....it was horrible enough to affect the very thing that makes a frame what it is. and it makes for a hateable boss for good reason....which some of them lack. but thats getting off point.

Edited by Caobie

My Interpretation of Valkyr is she is the equivalent of the character Frankenstein. I believe Valkyr is a amalgamation of different captured Warframes and Salad trying to create his own Warframe. That is why no Prime can be made of her because she has no actual original version to made from. 

What you described is Zanuka. Valkyr was Salad's first attempt. He tried to simply bend a living tenno to his will. When this failed, he just made a proxy using warframe parts. Still corpus tech, though. The Grineer and Corpus can't figure out how the warframes work.

When it comes to Warframe lore, I don't accept it as canon unless it is officially added somewhere. If DE just says it, the chances of it being changed later are high.

The most obvious example is the Warframe + Dark Sector connection. It's changed so often I've lost count.

I don't think that's entirely how it works.

Valkyr Prime IS a possibility, though. She was found in pods like the original frames were, and not researched by the tenno themselves. I can only imagine a fully intact, glorious valkyrie with armor plating, and glorified versions of the current Valkyr's hate-fueled skills.

after playing her i would say its not a anger- or hate-scream, this valkyrie is simply protecting the whole tenno-thing ^^)

and

what ? there is no valkyrie-prime right now anywhere to get legit ? (good that im a beginner in that game) )))))

Edited by X4MYN

Valkyr was once known as Valkyrie the warframe featured in mag primes codex. in mythology the Valkyrie were winged creatures the flew around the battlefield and carried the dead to Valhalla or asguard I can't remember but the point is they flew maybe with golden wings (like the ones mentioned in the codex) . They would have to rename the powers but for the most part they could make it happen.....or they could give make a new frame with new powers altogether and connect it to valkyr through lore.....they did it with the Dakar and the reaper primes