The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stances Are For Morons

Feffog

there s absolutely, positively no reason to use literally any of them, as long as you have two brain cells, slide attacking wiil always come out on top, why would you even bother trying to do a single combo when a slide attack does literally 3x damage of a regular swing on most weapons, for both pve and pvp, you could train all day with bo or a sword and still insta loose to guard bypassing spin attacks, love slash dash? too bad, dual ichor or kamas can pretty much out preform you, 

on another note, why even bother with limiting warframes run speed when a vaobon with zorrens can outpace a loki by breaking the sound barrier and simultaneously splitting the planet in half with absurd amounts of damage and range, honestly you might as well make every frame the same speed with how much spin spam is encouraged, if you aint spinning, youre losing

Edited by Feffog

Because as soon as you don't one shot enemies, slide attack DPS falls off a cliff like anything that's frontloaded and it provides no CC.

You also lose power when channeling based on enemies hit, not number of hits, so slide attacking into a group of light enemies you didn't need to channel just to channel vs a heavy will crush your power on a channel build. You need to kill them separately with a combo and channel the hits against the heavy alone.

there s absolutely, positively no reason to use literally any of them

When trying to make a point it is generally a good idea to not start out with a blatant lie there is a reason to use them those 10 extra mod points are quite handy.

doesnt crimson devrish do like 3x damage multiplier on the first three strikes of a combo

Also this.

i use Stalking Fan, the 1st attack is fast + have a good range, it almost replace the slide attack. the Dying Light attack so badass, it not just make me cool, it will either kill any enemies or gimme 5+ combo point (which is x1,5 or 2 attack), oh and i did meet alot of PvP use Slide attack and what do i do ? I use Jump attack + Finish attack.

Oh and another thing, i totally agree with you about the stamina thing, but people do asking to "hey DE please make sheet harder then necessary so we can complain in the future". So...yeh...i dunno who to blame anymore.

conclusion: Running is way more fun then Spinning, because game-enjoy reason :>

Edited by Doforcash

You are correct. There is no reason to use a stance.

If you don't have one for the weapon in question.

If you DO have one, definitely use it, if only for the extra mod points.

Also, your main point was that slide attack is better on all weapons than that weapon's combos. Have you ever tried slide attacking with the kogake? You can't hit a darned thing!

Edited by Imaru12

Remember, they aren't called Slide Attacks anymore... Every Stance has it's own name for the thing.

You want to keep calling them Slide Attack?... Tough luck, Steve spent a lot of time thinking those silly ultimately pointless names up for the same spinning attack. When he could have saved the trouble, not naming 32 different slide attacks and instead thinking of ways of making us hold the Melee with A GODDAMN STANCE instead of just holding the weapon like a damn Nerd!

Mod points.

I fail to understand the second "paragraph". A Loki can out-copter a Vauban

Edit: Dual Zoren + "Absurd" Range in the same sentence?

Put reach on those Zorens. It can get a little ridiculous, I've broken glass windows just by coptering down a hallway when I was against the wall just across from the window.