Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Level 15 - You Win A Prize

Dark5eiD

Well....i got to level 15 last night. felt like confetti should have fallen from the ceiling or something. but no...nothing at all. how about every mastery rank you go up you receive 50 plats ? or even milestones 5,10,15.. when i first started playing this game i was trying to get my mastery higher so i could unlock weapons i wanted to use ( which were kinda like a prize ) . but every since rank 7....there has really been no drive/purpose to increase mastery rank. shouldnt there be something? how a bout a small cut scene? something...

Well....i got to level 15 last night. felt like confetti should have fallen from the ceiling or something. but no...nothing at all. how about every mastery rank you go up you receive 50 plats ? or even milestones 5,10,15.. when i first started playing this game i was trying to get my mastery higher so i could unlock weapons i wanted to use ( which were kinda like a prize ) . but every since rank 7....there has really been no drive/purpose to increase mastery rank. shouldnt there be something? how a bout a small cut scene? something...

Free Plat = no.

Other things = Have been suggested many times...it's up to DE

Free Plat = no.

And yet it's now possible to get free plat from login rewards 7+ days.

Why should the game reward you for mindlessly grinding weapons and warframes you don't even enjoy using?

And yet you can get free plat from simply getting into the game at least once every day, even if you're not playing. Chances are slim, but it's still a random "reward."

In that sense, since Warframe's currently built around farming and grinding, why shouldn't it give a super small reward for doing what the game's pretty much promoting at this point?

Don't misunderstand me. I have over a thousand platinum, so platinum discount isn't something that I really care about at this point. I'm simply questioning the logic going around this topic. If I had to give my opinion on TC's point, I'd say giving slots is the most sensible reward.

Edited by Casardis

Slot every 5 ranks or maybe weapons.

^This. We already get extra extractor deployment slots and trades with levels (the game does a bad job informing players about these special benefits), but a free warframe slot every 5 levels would seem reasonable too.

And yet you can get free plat from simply getting into the game at least once every day, even if you're not playing. Chances are slim, but it's still a random "reward."

In that sense, since Warframe's currently built around farming and grinding, why shouldn't it give a super small reward for doing what the game's pretty much promoting at this point?

I still hold this game to a higher standard of design than that.

Sure, it makes sense, but I rather hold out my hope that this game will be more than just "generic" when the dust clears.

And yet it's now possible to get free plat from login rewards 7+ days.

Do you mean those blue platinum discount coupons? Those last 1 day.

The old orange ones are gift from the lotus and they last 2 days.

There is no free plat from login reward.

My bad, there is a small chance of getting free plat.

"Platinum 30 with 50% two-day discount[1]"

Edited by Cerberus_Sokol

Why should the game reward you for mindlessly grinding weapons and warframes you don't even enjoy using?

+1 so much.

Just hit rank 15 and tallied up the weapons (all of which I already have built and have had built for quite a while) that I need to level.  Uggh.  Tying rewards to a system like this is evil.  I used to want it a while back, but now?  Uggh.  At best it would be mindless grinding for rewards that really would likely not be worth the amount of time spent. 

At it's worst? It's tying rewards to a ranking system that for intents and purposes is for prodding people into buying as many products /sink resources into as many products in the game as possible. 

Admittedly that's wasn't DE's thoughts when designing the system, but even they have admitted that they can see that people might look at it that way.

Edited by Aggh

I still hold this game to a higher standard of design than that.

Sure, it makes sense, but I rather hold out my hope that this game will be more than just "generic" when the dust clears.

Understandable.

Do you mean those blue platinum discount coupons? Those last 1 day.

The old orange ones are gift from the lotus and they last 2 days.

There is no free plat from login reward.

Gift from the Lotus = 2 days. Token from the Lotus = 1 day. The blue ones are different.

You can look at the quoted post below.

zq3sjhL.jpg?1?6022

This is from a login reward.

It's also in the wiki, listed in the 7+ days section as "Platinum 30 with 50% two-day discount", and someone posted another screenshot showing exactly what's written on that blue platinum reward, but I can't find the link anymore.

Edited by Casardis

I dunno, some people enjoy using all the different weapons the game has to offer. Then again, at MR15 there has to be a few that are completely unenjoyable, but eh. Everyone has their own thing, so it seems silly to bash on others for it.

I dunno, some people enjoy using all the different weapons the game has to offer. Then again, at MR15 there has to be a few that are completely unenjoyable, but eh. Everyone has their own thing, so it seems silly to bash on others for it.

Did you really get finished with the Kraken and say to yourself "Wow, that was fun, I can't wait to try the Sicarus" ?

Or "Wow, the Ceramic dagger was neat, I wonder if the heat dagger will be any different" ?

Hehe. I mean, cmon... That, plus the giant leap in RNG weapons and frames? MR 15 isn't skill based, it isn't time based, it's luck based.

We should rename it "luck"

Oh, your luck level is 10? My luck level is 5, RNGesus hates me.

Edited by Archistopheles

Did you really get finished with the Kraken and say to yourself "Wow, that was fun, I can't wait to try the Sicarus" ?

Or "Wow, the Ceramic dagger was neat, I wonder if the heat dagger will be any different" ?

Hehe. I mean, cmon... That, plus the giant leap in RNG weapons and frames? MR 15 isn't skill based, it isn't time based, it's luck based.

We should rename it "luck"

Oh, your luck level is 10? My luck level is 5, RNGesus hates me.

can you elaborate on luck based. not following. i think it shows players as being diversified. 

Understandable.

Gift from the Lotus = 2 days. Token from the Lotus = 1 day. The blue ones are different.

You can look at the quoted post below.

It's also in the wiki, listed in the 7+ days section as "Platinum 30 with 50% two-day discount", and someone posted another screenshot showing exactly what's written on that blue platinum reward, but I can't find the link anymore.

The 30 plat is not free per se. This bonus is tagged onto your account for the next purchase of platinum from said account. Meaning that should you buy the 75 plat bundle, you will instead receive 105 plat. This is from the wiki, if I have been misinformed, apologies