Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Take Mutalist Ospreys Out Of Infested Missions

MrManslayerX

... Mutalists single handedly make what was once feasible nearly impossible. I used to be able to get to 50 waves in ODD with a solid team with some effort, now with these mutalist drones I'd be lucky to make it to 30. That is to say, if my whole team doesn't want to quit before that because of these drones alone.

Why can't they just be kept to the event tileset? Quite honestly, they make my Warframe experience less fun. These drones by themselves single handedly ruin my Warframe experience whenever I want to run ODD or some other infested tileset. I would much rather see infected MOAs than drones...

Something else... DE. The Drone pathfinding is still screwy. I found 4 mutalist drones stuck in the same spot on ODD in one run. And searching for these drones on every single wave of every single infested defense mission makes the whole process a lot more tedious.

Edited by MrManslayerX

I quite like the challenge.

Now you can't just run around randomly like a madman. You have to be especially mindful of the mutalists and their paths.

And getting to high waves of ODD is an actual challenge now. 

I think the ospreys could use adjustments. I've seen some great feedback around suggesting them, and I agree that currently, they have issues in their AI and attacks.

However, I don't think outright removing them is the solution, so I have to disagree. They aren't like the "broken lights" from before, which those should have been removed entirely for revision instead of being updated while being left there until it was fixed.

Some people wanted this lvl of difficulty.

Now the folks who rather have it the easy way are crying.

Conclusion: You can never please everybody.

---

They usually kill me when soloing the bg event mission *shrug*

So what? The mobs are there to kill you.

I agree these things were not fully planned out, their AI is terrible! Next to that they keep teleporting all over the place (granted could be lag but cause of what they do this no fun)

I am supportive of a more support type infested, but what turns out happing is 5 of these float around nobody is able to hit them and all they do is SPAM SPAM SPAM SPAM.

Its no fun and it definitaly needs to be tweaked a hella lot in order to make them more balanced, and to all who are gonna go like : Dude you simply suck!

Well thats your opinion but I want the game to be fun, for me and others!

I LIKE, I LOVE the Mutalist osprey!!!

Finally the infested retaliate, they are no longer grinding meat for xp bath pools.

And they should also implement infested that shoot darts of poison or something.

BUT... right now those mutalist ospry arent well balanced, they provoke, way way way too much damage, insta-kills are happening everywhere.

And, they should rework the way they move, its too frenetic, too random, hard to aim, hard to scan, no other osprey in the game moves like this one.

People, OP isn't complaining that they're hard, he's complaining because it is annoying to have to search through an entire map to find the last one or two of them stuck somewhere. Granted, that doesn't call for a removal, more of a fix needed really.

People, OP isn't complaining that they're hard, he's complaining because it is annoying to have to search through an entire map to find the last one or two of them stuck somewhere. Granted, that doesn't call for a removal, more of a fix needed really.

Um no, that only summarizes the last 2 lines of his post. The rest of it is complaints about difficulty. 

Huh.. my Wyrm with Sweeper equipped with modest modding takes them out even when they are behind me. Can't Vauban-Vortex spam your way to 50+ waves anymore while perching safely and Penta/Ogris bombing the middle?

No sympathy from me. I personally *like* having something in the infested side that I actually have to worry at least a little about. I can only handle so much mindless slashing (even in high wave DS, infested were and for the most part, ARE, a joke with a slashing melee weapon) before I /facedesk. So I do welcome the new kamikaze pilots of the infested wave.

Um no, that only summarizes the last 2 lines of his post. The rest of it is complaints about difficulty. 

... Mutalists single handedly make what was once feasible nearly impossible. I used to be able to get to 50 waves in ODD with a solid team with some effort, now with these mutalist drones I'd be lucky to make it to 30. That is to say, if my whole team doesn't want to quit before that because of these drones alone.

Why can't they just be kept to the event tileset? Quite honestly, they make my Warframe experience less fun. These drones by themselves single handedly ruin my Warframe experience whenever I want to run ODD or some other infested tileset. I would much rather see infected MOAs than drones...

Nothing in there mentions them being difficult, only that they make the game less fun for him and make OD missions take longer.

i really like the idea of the mutalists but balancing out their damage would be great. those of us that like to solo missions. having those things around make it insanely to impossibly hard.  2 ideas come to mind.  first remove poison damage and just have the area they leave behind do regular damage. poison clouds were not fun and you removed them from toxic ancients so why bring something like that back. second when they dive bomb, make them explode. cause even if there is 4-5 spamming damaging clouds if they explode on impact then you can just wait till that clears then go on instead of seeing them constantly spam spam spam span making reviving people impossible.

just my 2 cent