The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

15-20 Fps On My Surface Pro 3?

EliteJoe

Surface Pro 3 is a tablet. While it has a decent Intel processor, it lacks any form of dedicated GPU. Sporting a 2160 x 1440 pixel screen isn't going to help you either because your integrated GPU (it's in the CPU) is having to drive all those pixels.

You might get better results if you have DX11, Multithreaded Rendering and 64-bit enabled and turn off/down all other effects in game. But I wouldn't plan on it. I mean, your screen is 2160 x 1440 pixels. And the integrated graphics processor it has would struggle running the game in a 1366 x 768 resolution. Your best bet is to try running the game at 1280 x 720 (1/4 your total resolution, halved vertically and halved horizontally). 

You're just not going to have a good time. At all. Period. It's not a problem with the game. It's your hardware.

tl;dr Surface Pro 3 is for work, video and simple games, not 3D intensive video games with high polygon counts.

In conclusion: Play on a PC. Laptops have not yet evolved into tablets, (Though they are geting there)

I frequently play on my laptop though. Nvidia GeForce 640M GT. Can run the game on more or less the highest quality, sans PhysX.

In conclusion: Play on a PC. Laptops have not yet evolved into tablets, (Though they are geting there)

Did you mix up your words here? Don't you mean that tablets aren't yet as strong as laptops? I'm playing on a laptop right now and I'm getting very good fps. Granted it does slow down a little when there's lot of stuff going on, but never to the point of being unplayable.

• 2 weeks later...

Theyr not? Intel I7-4700mq

8gb ram

Nvidia Gt 745m

NO OVER HEAT PROBLEMS NOTHING, only problem is that im getting S#&$ty fps, like some maps i hold on 70 (all meds ) on lower settings fps go down even more .-., and on defenses and such i get 40-50 average

Surface Pro 3 is actually pretty decent depending on your model:

Entry-level. The entry level Surface Pro 3 model offers a dual-core Intel Core i3 4020Y processor with Intel HD Graphics 4200. It offers a clock speed of 1.5 GHz.

Mid-level. The two mid-level Surface Pro 3 models both offer the same dual-core Intel Core i5-4300U processor with Intel HD Graphics 4400. It offers a base speed of 1.6 GHz with Turbo Boost speeds of up to 2.9 GHz.

High-end. The two high-end Surface Pro 3 models both offer the same Intel Core i7-4650U processor with with Intel HD Graphics 5000. It offers a base speed of 1.7 GHz with Turbo Boost speeds of up to 3.3 GHz.

Saw a guy a few rows ahead of me in my lecture theatre running Warframe on his Surface Pro 2...couldn't make out what settings though. Not that i cared tbh.

But to answer the OP, those chipsets aren't officially supported by Warframe afaik, if it works, great! if not, you're gunna have to live with it.

sad he is geting 15-20 im only geting 5-9 wen playing but i use to get better it was after one of the updates it slowed down and its not the net cuz the other comps play it with no lag at all and all my stuff is more then wat it says i need i love this game but at the best times i am playing wat i would call a slide show of the game when it use to run just fine

green_checkmark.gifCPU
Minimum: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+ You Have: AMD E2-1800 APU with Radeon HD Graphics drivers-updates.gif Click here for the latest CPU drivers.

bars_20.png 20th percentile
blue_i.gifCPU SPEED
Minimum: Info You Have: 1.7 GHz

green_checkmark.gifRAM
Minimum: 2 GB You Have: 5.8 GB

bars_61-66.png 66th percentile
green_checkmark.gifOS
Minimum: Windows XP SP 3 or higher You Have: Microsoft Windows 8 (build 9200), 64-bit drivers-updates.gif Click here for the latest Windows drivers.

green_checkmark.gifVIDEO CARD
Minimum: Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600 You Have: AMD Radeon HD 7340 Graphics drivers-updates.gif Click here for the latest Video Card drivers.

bars_47-59.png 51st percentile Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card     Required You Have green_checkmark_small.gif Pixel Shader version 3.0 5.0 green_checkmark_small.gif Vertex Shader version 3.0 5.0 green_checkmark_small.gif Dedicated Video RAM 256 MB 384 MB
green_checkmark.gifSOUND CARD
Minimum: Yes You Have: Realtek High Definition Audio drivers-updates.gif Click here for the latest Sound Card drivers.

green_checkmark.gifFREE DISK SPACE
Minimum: 1 GB You Have: 771.7 GB drivers-updates.gif Click here for the latest Free Disk Space drivers.

i mean i dont have the best of the best here but i have enuf to run it better then it is/has been

Edited by Tyedarel