Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe In The Gaming Community

RedPharaoh0817

I just had a thought. What is Warframe in the Gaming Community?

I know it is still in BETA but technically they are now really accessible both in PC and in Playstation, now i heard its heading to Xbox1. I know its spreading into consoles but how does warframe fare inside the gaming community?

are we gaining popularity? or are we losing it? how many are playing it? is warframe is some sort  of an exclusive game for the ones who really tried to understand and appreciate it? or are we just a bunch of people really digging the whole "space ninja" concept?

coz honeslty where i'm from its really that unheard of. and i cant "sell" the game to my friends due to the lack of lore and the substandard quality of the tutorial(which i'm really hoping they will be able to pull of in the next update).

don't get me wrong! i think this game is awesome and its potential is so wild that i get uber excited at what other things DE is planning for us! just wanted to know

There has been a rather lack of decent games for ps4 users since launch. Warframe really was the only thing to play, which is a good reason why a fair amount of ps4 players still play. The real test will be this fall when other titles are finally released. Personally though after playing other online games it is rather different to play a game where the developers actually put so much effort into talking to their community. Between the design contests, primetime, and devstream they really get the community involved. This game does get kind of tedious at times, but I keep playing because of their approach to their game. Really hope these guys continue to do well. 

There has been a rather lack of decent games for ps4 users since launch. Warframe really was the only thing to play, which is a good reason why a fair amount of ps4 players still play. The real test will be this fall when other titles are finally released. Personally though after playing other online games it is rather different to play a game where the developers actually put so much effort into talking to their community. Between the design contests, primetime, and devstream they really get the community involved. This game does get kind of tedious at times, but I keep playing because of their approach to their game. Really hope these guys continue to do well. 

yeah agree with you... although WF is still far from finished, i like how DE is really that engaging with it community and paying attention to most of our concerns... not many online games do that...

When I go out in public with my founders shirt I always have at least one person stop me and say "Oh hey I know that game!" and then procceed to talk with them about the current update, plans for the future, what I enjoy most in warframe etc. 

Generally statements I get from these people are in order of recurrence:

1) Man, I'm gonna go download the latest patch and see what's been added.

2) I haven't been back since the start of open beta, I need to get back into that.

3) It looked really cool and had some great ideas, is it launched now?

4) It looked really cool and had some great ideas, I can't wait till it's launched!\

5) I'm a member of [clan name], we totally dominate event leaderboards.

So at least locally in my area word seems to spreading and generally opinion is good.

One of the top f2p games on steam

like seriously name another that's more popular then warframe on steam

TF2 and that's about it

And as I've just learned recently that's not everyone playing warframe 

lol that team fortress! hahaha!

i hope that someday it'll beat TF2 when it finally releases! hopes are high for DE!

Past year I've been able to lure many people into the game when it was new and brought in some fresh ideas...

But now I'm nearly the only one left from my clan because nobody else could stand this neverending grindfest or because some game mechanics are/became unnecessarily overcomplicated and therefore unenjoyable to them.

The first wave were thrown off by Damage 2.0... they couldn't stand the faction/enemy resistances and switch weapon loadouts and whatnot... found it rather frustrating to have to do all that just to play a few missions every now and then. They just wanted to drop into the game and not have to think too deep into the stuff.

The rest has gone over the past 6 months because they noticed the increasing amount of grind and the lack of redeeming reasons to do that in the first place... It's not like a golden trophy awaits anyone who's able to go the distance. There's not much to do other than grind for more stuff. The scheme becomes pretty old quite fast and I can't blame the people who left.

So me and my co-leader are pretty much the only ones left now and he already thinks of quitting too to move on to newer games he missed out on and also because he's become quite occupied with his reallife because of a new job.

I pretty much quit luring people into the game because I've exhausted all my possibilities. The only ones left I haven't tried to convince are the ones that hate grind in the first place and wouldn't give a second thought about Warframe. It's just not their type of game because they are not greedy for items and as there's nothing else to do than to grind for items... well you know the deal. Everyone playing for more than 100 hours should know by now.

So I'm playing with more random people now than ever and I'm glad that I've enough resources to keep Clan Research going for the next 2 years, at least if DE doesn't implement 10 new resource types by then. If the game doesn't radically change its pace with the grind for items/resources I don't see it end well anymore because the game really lacks stuff to do besides that on top of it being repetitive.

[Edit]

Also looking into my friendslist of people not being in my clan every now and then I noticed the amount of people not being logged in for 30-100 days or more is increasing in an alarming manner. It shows to me that something is not quite right with Warframe. Most people stop playing somewhere around Mastery 5-10 and they don't seem to come back anymore.

The random people I'm currently playing with are either relatively new to the game and still have the motivation to go on or are part of the hardcore playerbase and are beyond MR 10... most of them are in well known clans and participate in the Events/Solar Rails or are still here for the Forum amusement.

So what I find pretty sad is that the game is not able to maintain its casual day-to-day playerbase despite the regular updates. That's not a bash against DE, but rather an information to DE that they probably should do something about it, rather than luring in new players all the time, because eventually the stream of new players will stop when Warframe becomes well known for its bad reputation.

Edited by MeduSalem

It's a game people hop on cuz it has some nice designs and concepts but is easily thrown aside due to its lack of actual content. General lack of any competitiveness makes it a bore fest with its poor mmorpg like functions.

There's a reason why tf2 and dota2 sit above warframe. This game seems to only be a short term word of mouth game. No actual longevity or long term goals.

Warframe is good as a shooter.  Play through the starmap like you would levels in DOOM.  Once you get down to the affinity and mastery grind, mod farming, and reliance on potatoes.  Despite what some people might say, potatoes make everything so much better, and there hasn't been on instance where I haven't required them to fully mod a weapon.

My problem is I seem to be able to run void missions ad nauseum and forma seem rare as all hell.  I'd like a small stockpile I don't know what to do with, please and thank you.

Wish I had gotten that shirt though.  Was off paying attention to something else before realizing 2 days too late about the shirts.  Thus, no free  $100 in PROFIT advertising for DE and Warframe.  I certainly won't go out of my way to hype up the game or strike up any conversations over it.  Again... good as a DOOM romp, everything else is kind of love it or hate it.

Edited by Littleman88

It's a game people hop on cuz it has some nice designs and concepts but is easily thrown aside due to its lack of actual content. General lack of any competitiveness makes it a bore fest with its poor mmorpg like functions.

There's a reason why tf2 and dota2 sit above warframe. This game seems to only be a short term word of mouth game. No actual longevity or long term goals.

I understand what you're saying, but I'm gonna have to disagree with you to some extent. Warframe does possess quite a few long term goals. The real kicker here, though, is that long term goals such as creating Prime gear require extensive farming. However, while I'm sure the heavy grinding does repel some gamers, I doubt competition has anything to do with it. The main difference is that Warframe is really only loved by a certain audience. It's quite a bit different than games like TF2 and DOTA 2, quite obviously. In the end, I believe that the majority of F2P gamers have different taste than those who play Warframe. 

Warframe is good as a shooter.  Play through the starmap like you would levels in DOOM.  Once you get down to the affinity and mastery grind, mod farming, and reliance on potatoes.  Despite what some people might say, potatoes make everything so much better, and there hasn't been on instance where I haven't required them to fully mod a weapon.

My problem is I seem to be able to run void missions ad nauseum and forma seem rare as all hell.  I'd like a small stockpile I don't know what to do with, please and thank you.

Wish I had gotten that shirt though.  Was off paying attention to something else before realizing 2 days too late about the shirts.  Thus, no free  $100 in PROFIT advertising for DE and Warframe.  I certainly won't go out of my way to hype up the game or strike up any conversations over it.  Again... good as a DOOM romp, everything else is kind of love it or hate it.

Some would consider this an insult to the Doom series. Brutal Doom is 100x more fun than Warframe, and actually challenging, due to real difficulty, as opposed to the artificial difficulty found here.

While the foundation of Warframe is a TPS (basically what was in Dark Sector minus cover), I hardly ever play the game that way, I play it like Ninja Gaiden with guns.(on a difficulty way lower than Ninja Dog)

Forma is one of the main things DE makes money off of, along with slots, and the Prime access bundles, so I doubt that will change, as long as Warframe stays F2P. Though I'd like it to be kickstarted or something and have a proper campaign with the current game as endgame/multiplayer, anything to pull the game out of the quicksand of mediocrity it is currently sinking in.

Most of the people I got to play warframe have stopped playing because the game hasn't improved enough since closed beta.

Not just that. But for a game that advertises as F2P, A LOT of the game becomes far FAR more enjoyable or accessible if you pay. Things like potatoes that are required for end game play, is something you need to buy or get lucky to acquire. Inventory slots need to be bought or you have to sell frames and weapons to get a new frame or weapon. Other F2P games have monetization, but it doesn't get in the way of the core gameplay like it does in warframe.

Not to mention this game is one of the least forgiving game to newbies I have ever played, next to Dwarf Fortress. This is compounded by the fact that the smart thing to do with your starting plat is to buy slots. But they are encouraged to buy other things right off the bat.

It's not fun to realize you still can't put a potato on your frame or weapon and do some harder missions because you were at work or not awake at 3am.

Edited by Lowsodium

Is no one surprise as to how well warframe is doing on steam?
When I dropped this game 10 months ago I expected it to drop like all the other free games on steam that are not tf2 and dota2

But after a while I see warframe sneak slowly back into higher and higher spots, and eventually almost always remaining in top 10 in steam stats

Look at spiral knights, war thunder, planetside 2 those are some decently big f2p that drop off the radar compared to warframe

This is not including the players that don't use steam, which is quite numerous apparently 

Warframe seems to have strike a decent chord with the steam crowd, and as long as the steam crowd keeps it at top 10 spots, warframe will continue expanding 
Who knows? or maybe it will lose its momentum and crash like the rest of the f2p on steam