Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Sentients Were Whales And Ancients Should Not Appear Outside Orokin Tilesets

Yorinar

Clearly infested ancients are derived from whales.  Take a good look at them (from a safe place, like the codex) and there are a number of features common to whales in their physiology.  The infested were used in battling the Sentients, before the fall of the Orokin.

Perhaps the Orokin genetically engineered whales and dolphins able to match or exceed humans.  Man's relentless cruelty and destruction of everything we see led these now more capable, fully sentient creatures to rise up against mankind.

We know some infested date back to the Orokin war, based on information from the Lotus.  "Ancients" as a term for that creature type indicates they too are very old.  Perhaps they are infested Sentients?

Even if they aren't, why the devil do they appear in any tileset outside of Orokin Void and Derelict?  They only make sense there, unless there are infested ships and some infested hivemind that sends out these ancients from their hidden base.

Also how exactly are ships getting infested during outbreaks?  

Just some idle speculation.

Edit: perhaps the Tenno betrayal of the Orokin was because we realized we were fighting on the wrong side, probably after it was already too late.

Edited by Yorinar

I know it's not specifically written anywhere, but I like to think the Infested are similar to the Flood.

As in they are a Hivemind or Collective controlled by a single consciousness like Gravemind.

Or The way Sovereign controlled the Collectors.

Edited by (PS4)StoneRevolver

It was you! You have that super awesome list of everything DE ever said. :') I won't lose it again. I promise.

It's not everything they've ever said, just stuff that's presumably coming out. Also sorry for not updating it recently : /

Edited by VegetableBasket

Not sure if OP is just trolling or not... Oh well Lore away...

Clearly infested ancients are derived from whales.  Take a good look at them (from a safe place, like the codex) and there are a number of features common to whales in their physiology.

What features? That not how science works (well arguably, but we are changing it now; a little less of that looks like that so must be related). 

Now you need to remember that originally infested were seeded equally through the star chart and ancients did not appear till later levels. Ancients can easily be guessed to be organisms in later stages of infestation as guessed by their "Ancient" title. Seeing as newer organisms Grineer and Corpus can be identified partly in younger infested organisms, so we can just say that an ancient is an older infested. Where do whales come into all this? That is just crazy. 

Perhaps they are infested Sentients?

Unlikely. For J3-Golem/J2000 Golem/ Lephantis there was a few lines in the level audio fluff that these creatures were made by the orokin to fight the sentients. However we also know that the Orokin were losing their war with the sentients and finally turned to the Tenno as their last resort. It is unlikely then that the infestation was able to succeed at absorbing sentients. If it reached this stage then the infested probably could have turned the tide themselves instead of the Tenno doing it. 

Also how exactly are ships getting infested during outbreaks?  

Umm Alad V has been using THE POWER OF SCIENCES! to alter and mutate the infested so that they can absorb inorganic material. We know he has been stock piling infested material from the suscipious shipments event. Now we have seen him unleash his research. So that how the ships are getting infested and how we fight infested ospreys now. This will also explain the soon to be released Infested MoA; if you look carefully on the infested tile set you see MoA factory tiles with hordes or MoAs waiting to be deployed. 

Even if they aren't, why the devil do they appear in any tileset outside of Orokin Void and Derelict?  They only make sense there, unless there are infested ships and some infested hivemind that sends out these ancients from their hidden base.

Umm all the anicents were bottled up for thousands of years in orokin derelicts floating idly in space. Then we Tenno, the corpus and the Grineer started cracking open old derelicts in search of stuff. We clearly inadvertently released infested upon the solar system once more. 

Edited by MDRLOz

Hmmmm. I expect the Ancients will get a makeover. I admit they look like see creatures at the moment.

As for Hivemind, why do you think the bosses say they have gained immortality?

If you are part of the swarm, your Voice will never die and you will never be alone.

Just wait for Alads final form. Will he merge with zanuka? Or will the monsters from Dark Sector join the fun?

I doubt they will. Or that Alad V will change. He's not transforming. As for the Ancients, we don't know what they are. As with everything lore related, thanks DE for not being serious about it. Thanks for not coming out and just saying what these things are. As with the Xbox One trailer with the dual latos prime, the look of the Ancients is probably because some artist thought it looked cool. If DE would make up the lore first, then we could have enemies whose designs make sense. Take Lephantis for example. It's been implied that the Grineer and Corpus only emerged long after the fall of the Orokin, and while the Tenno slept. Why? Because the Orokin tech is ancient to them. The are finding it in archaeological digs and stuff. So why does an old infested Orokin experiment have Grineer and Corpus parts? Oh, because it looks cool. Sums up everything wrong with lore and content in this game. I'll say it again: the lore needs to be made first, and the content needs to be made based on the lore. It doesn't need to be the other way around.

Because the Orokin tech is ancient to them. The are finding it in archaeological digs and stuff. So why does an old infested Orokin experiment have Grineer and Corpus parts? Oh, because it looks cool. Sums up everything wrong with lore and content in this game. I'll say it again: the lore needs to be made first, and the content needs to be made based on the lore. It doesn't need to be the other way around.

Yeah I agree with you on this. 

The only way to explain it is to assume that the Tenno were not the first to find and reawaken Lephantis. Mabe in the last few years a few corpus and a few Grineer were looking on their own for lost orokin stuff. They stumble across Lephantis and attack him. Lephantis attempts to adapt to these new enemies and absorbs them. Remember he is a Orokin bio weapon designed to fight sentients so may have been made to quickly adapt to what it encounters. 

Hmmmm. I expect the Ancients will get a makeover. I admit they look like see creatures at the moment.

Existing ancients? Doubt it. DE have already sayign they are going to add more quite similar ones using the original infested skeleton:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/245010-devstream-30-overview-part-1-infested/

Edited by MDRLOz

De have said that they are not revisiting existing infested stuff any time soon in an old live-stream (forgotten which one). 

I still dont get how you think they look like whales... 

How?

Edited by MDRLOz

Not sure if OP is just trolling or not... Oh well Lore away...

What features? That not how science works (well arguably, but we are changing it now; a little less of that looks like that so must be related).

Not trolling, I'm super cereal.  Kinda.  I mean, we're talking revolting whales.  I refer to physiological features, and when I say derived I mean artistically.  Linnaean classification was primarily physiological, though that has largely changed as we better understand genetics.

Now you need to remember that originally infested were seeded equally through the star chart and ancients did not appear till later levels. Ancients can easily be guessed to be organisms in later stages of infestation as guessed by their "Ancient" title. Seeing as newer organisms Grineer and Corpus can be identified partly in younger infested organisms, so we can just say that an ancient is an older infested. Where do whales come into all this? That is just crazy. 

My point is that the term "Sentients" is what the Orokin used to refer to all the creatures they "promoted."  They experimented heavily with genetics.  Whales and dolphins are already suspected of being sentient, so what if the Orokin gave them a way to stand with humans on equal footing (or finning).  Why call some alien species "sentient"?  Duh, they're aliens.  No, you would call something Sentient because it's not what you expect that thing to be.  A talking whale vs a mundane whale.  Sentients could also be machines, but see my next comment.

Unlikely. For J3-Golem/J2000 Golem/ Lephantis there was a few lines in the level audio fluff that these creatures were made by the orokin to fight the sentients. However we also know that the Orokin were losing their war with the sentients and finally turned to the Tenno as their last resort. It is unlikely then that the infestation was able to succeed at absorbing sentients. If it reached this stage then the infested probably could have turned the tide themselves instead of the Tenno doing it. 

The "lore" as it stands is that the J3-etc was created as a weapon against the Sentients.  The techno-cyte plague was nothing new, but perhaps this was a weaponized form adapted to attack the Sentients directly.  When you use a virus to attack an enemy, the point is to infect the enemy.  Not yourselves.  So it stands to reason the Sentients were infected by the techno-cyte plague and became infested.  The disease would spread amongst them and wipe them out.

Prior to Alad V the plague could not infest machines.  So that puts a damper on the possibility of the Sentients being machines.

And when I ask how do infestation break outs occur, what I really want is a better understanding of what is going on in game.  It's just "boop!" there's infested here now.  Did the ship come in contact with a derelict?  A barrel of plague potatoes?  Space rats with infested fleas?

A second possibility, as has been pointed out a couple times is that ancients are what happens as the disease progresses.  This is a good theory.  The similarity to whales could actually be an expression of old genes in our evolutionary history (not saying we evolved from whales, as far as we know our paths were divergent, but that the potential for whale forms exists in all mammals) or the directed development by the plague.  The problem with this theory is it still means infested ancients should only appear in Orokin tilesets.  For them to appear on ships or as part of outbreaks means they need time to fester.  Infestations last for days, not years.  Presumably.

I doubt they will revisit the models.  I mean, infested ancients just got an overhaul and they are much much cooler. 

As for the Ancients, we don't know what they are. As with everything lore related, thanks DE for not being serious about it. Thanks for not coming out and just saying what these things are. As with the Xbox One trailer with the dual latos prime, the look of the Ancients is probably because some artist thought it looked cool. If DE would make up the lore first, then we could have enemies whose designs make sense. Take Lephantis for example. It's been implied that the Grineer and Corpus only emerged long after the fall of the Orokin, and while the Tenno slept. Why? Because the Orokin tech is ancient to them. The are finding it in archaeological digs and stuff. So why does an old infested Orokin experiment have Grineer and Corpus parts? Oh, because it looks cool. Sums up everything wrong with lore and content in this game. I'll say it again: the lore needs to be made first, and the content needs to be made based on the lore. It doesn't need to be the other way around. [emphasis mine]

BINGO.  You understand the point of this post.

Edited by Yorinar