Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Did We Kill Orokin?

S0ulre4per

Hi. Yes i know there was this ''old war'' and these ''sentients''. Sentients were fighting orokin and orokin were losing so they built warframes for tenno. We exterminated sentients, buuut why exactly we wiped out orokin? (were they powerhungry and tenno had to kill them or something else)

I too am anxiously awaiting the discovery of this "lore puzzle-piece".

Edit: found it.

2) Why do the Tenno turn on the Orokin? (leaked, datamined U9 text points to this answer)

Directive

Do you hear that my Tenno? The silence of tyrants who fell by
your blade? Your sacrifice is complete and you should rest. The
cryo-chamber will wipe away the unpleasantness of what has
passed. When you are called to wake, it must be because the
system is once again out of balance. Perform your duties then, as
you have now.

Until we meet again,
Lotus
Edited by The-Ancient

The Orokin were powerful, and when the Sentients, the force countering the Orokin, was defeated, nothing would stop the Orokin, so we did, to uphold balance. And now we have nice golden weapons and warframes to loot. Win-win, am I right?

i always wondered too, and if anyone has noticed,Vor in T4 said : the tennos are led by a false prophet,who knows not the true secrets of the void.

Maybe.. our "Lotus" is an enemy in disguised ,as Vor said she is a false prophet... yet to be discovered in the future updates

It was confirmed by DE (or DEL, for some) that Lotus is not evil. Also, that it is an AI.

Edit: found it.

2) Why do the Tenno turn on the Orokin? (leaked, datamined U9 text points to this answer)

Directive

Do you hear that my Tenno? The silence of tyrants who fell by
your blade? Your sacrifice is complete and you should rest. The
cryo-chamber will wipe away the unpleasantness of what has
passed. When you are called to wake, it must be because the
system is once again out of balance. Perform your duties then, as
you have now.

Until we meet again,
Lotus

Aside from this (which is the first time I'm seeing), we don't know yet why we killed the Orokin. By this point, it could be anything. Maybe the Lotus is actually evil, unbeknownst to us, and ordered us to do that. Maybe WE were actually evil before the mind-wipe. Maybe the Orokin themselves were actually evil. Maybe no-one was actually evil; maybe it was just vengeance.

Like I said, it could be anything by this point. The text seems to suggest that it was the Orokin who were actually evil to some extent, and that the Lotus ordered us. However, since that text hasn't been officially released yet, the info contained on it is still not considered canon, as a different statement could very well be made in the future.

Edited by Mcl_BlueMadness