The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looorreeee

DirkDeadeye

However I will not yield given a bunch of open ended lore entries typed out by game developers...interpreted by people. The implication that he was the first assumes bias on the one who wrote it.

You go onto a public forum composed of people and ask them to respond to your own theory. You've apparently already made up your mind about what the situation in the lore is - and all counter-theories fall on your deaf ears unless citing specific and enamored evidence that can only be interpreted one way - which you openly admit doesn't exist. Who's biased now?

Okay, if you're not comfortable with this conversation you can leave. Nobody is forcing you to engage. However I will not yield given a bunch of open ended lore entries typed out by game developers...interpreted by people. The implication that he was the first assumes bias on the one who wrote it.

Nobody is forcing you to be here, but if you expect me to lower my ears and sulk you're sorely mistaken.

Stating something is fact without providing any evidence, and then telling everyone who disagrees with you that their opinions aren't valid because yours is fact is not a good way to go about things.

That said, could we get back to talking about lore? This thread is currently on a one way train to lockville

Stating something is fact without providing any evidence, and then telling everyone who disagrees with you that their opinions aren't valid because yours is fact is not a good way to go about things.

That said, could we get back to talking about lore? This thread is currently on a one way train to lockville

So what is the Lotus's exact view on 'balance'? My theory is that she wants lots of minor powers squabbling against each other instead of two (or three, if we count the Infestation) major powers causing havoc within Sol.

Edited by Renegade343

Okay, if you're not comfortable with this conversation you can leave. Nobody is forcing you to engage. However I will not yield given a bunch of open ended lore entries typed out by game developers...interpreted by people. The implication that he was the first assumes bias on the one who wrote it.

Nobody is forcing you to be here, but if you expect me to lower my ears and sulk you're sorely mistaken.

You're just willfully ignorant, then. There is no "implication" that Excalibur was first. The codex says so clearly. I'm expecting you to use sound judgment and reason, as well as simple reading comprehension. Excalibur being the first frame is not debatable. At all. Nothing says he's the first Tenno. We don't know who the first Tenno is, but I'm betting it's Hayden Tenno and that what characterizes the Tenno is that they are all like Hayden Tenno, hence why they are considered "rejects" (yes, that's also in Excalibur Prime's codex page).

As for Stalker not being a Tenno, sure, you can try to argue why he's a Tenno. But if he were a Tenno, then he would have been celebrated as a victor with the rest of the Tenno. He does not say that. In fact, he says where he is. He's with the "rest of the low Guardians". Yes, this indicates that he is one of the low Guardians, otherwise he wouldn't have said "rest". If you don't understand why this is an indication that he's a low Guardian, then with all due respect, the only thing I can suggest is for you to study up on the English language. Because this is English, pure and simple. It's like me saying "Me, with the rest of the black people". That means I'm one of the black people. There's me, and there's the rest. Same with the Stalker.

Start backing up your claims with actual sources and we have an actual debate. So far it's been everybody trying to get you to understand that what you've said is without logical foundation.

In which case you'd be disintersted in the conversation and have stopped replying. I've had enough sources thrown at me..S#&$ I've had ALL the sources thrown at me. What else is there? Why bother, I've read all the material, all 4,000 words of it, that have been cited here, and it's insufficent to explain whose came first.

Tenno != warframe

No, Tenno is the name for the soldier. Like a Samurai, or ninja. They are void mutated beings trained in combat with the sword and rifle and taught honor and valor. They are like space samurai/ninja.

Warframe is a technocyte suit which has been assimilated with the Tenno as a conduit for their void powers.

Makes zero reference to excaliber, or even the word warframe.

Only Tenno, whom which I compare to Hayden, with the glave, and the getting stabbed by Oberon bro from Russia.

The "Oberon bro" you're talking about is a female watch the Dark Sector game walktrough. The first warframe was the Russian scientist or her the Oberon. The Russian scientist was the first to put the Tecnocyte virus on him self in the first place.

Edited by MEGANOLD

So what is the Lotus's exact view on 'balance'? My theory is that she wants lots of minor powers squabbling against each other instead of two (or three, if we count the Infestation) major powers causing havoc within Sol.

What is balance? Answer that question, and you'll know what the Lotus's view of it is.

The infestation seem to be a mutual enemy to everyone in the origin system, based off the fact lotus never mentions balance when she tells you to cleanse them. Balance seems to involve a never-ending turf war between the grineer and the corpus, which seems like a strange goal to me.

In which case you'd be disintersted in the conversation and have stopped replying. I've had enough sources thrown at me..S#&$ I've had ALL the sources thrown at me. What else is there? Why bother, I've read all the material, all 4,000 words of it, that have been cited here, and it's insufficent to explain whose came first.

[size=10]Excalibur was the first.[/size]

Edited by Ionus

Let's.

It seems the Stalker's weaponry is specifically built to deal with the Tenno.

You want to know what the Stalker's weaponry is? I think it's Tenno. Why? Because the design of his Hate is the same design, but slightly modified, of the Kama.

Kama.png DEStalkerScythe.png

Either that, or he made his weapons to be styled similarly to that of the Tenno.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

The infestation seem to be a mutual enemy to everyone in the origin system, based off the fact lotus never mentions balance when she tells you to cleanse them. Balance seems to involve a never-ending turf war between the grineer and the corpus, which seems like a strange goal to me.

I had that initial thought (the turf war, not the cleansing), but then I questioned myself: But wouldn't the Lotus realise that would cause more Tenno causalities? After all, we are relatively few in number.  

No, Tenno is the name for the soldier. Like a Samurai, or ninja. They are void mutated beings trained in combat with the sword and rifle and taught honor and valor. They are like space samurai/ninja.

Warframe is a technocyte suit which has been assimilated with the Tenno as a conduit for their void powers.

Not sure if you're aware, but the classical definition of "(object 1) != (object 2)" is "(object 1) is not equal to (object 2)"

So what he was actually saying was a Tenno does not equal a Warframe.

Not sure if you're aware, but the classical definition of "(object 1) != (object 2)" is "(object 1) is not equal to (object 2)"

I think more people would understand if '≠' was used instead (after all, relatively fewer people understand bitwise logic symbols [especially those who do not know how to code]). 

It's quite simple, if you don't agree with me stop replying. Cause I'm not gonna stop, could give a damn about the loosey goosey interpretations you've given me on the codex entries.

Nobody can tell me how the stalker got his frame.

Can't cite anything. I can't either. But we're going to relentlessly point out that 'he was the first' as the gospel and just accept it rather than try to understand the story that was told through snippets of text in the codex.

I didn't ask for a crusade to prove me wrong, I wanted to demonstrate how open ended and dumb the lore was in this game, how detremental the adherence to said lore was, and how open to interpretation the lore can be. And the simple awnser is the stalker, because nobody can clearly tell me how he came to be, how he got his frame, how he became the man he was.

Edited by DirkDeadeye

I had that initial thought (the turf war, not the cleansing), but then I questioned myself: But wouldn't the Lotus realise that would cause more Tenno causalities? After all, we are relatively few in number.  

Well she honestly doesn't seem to care about us all that much, but that's a different point. I'm still trying to figure out what her endgame is by keeping the factions at each other's throats.