Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

TL;DR: do not log in to Warframe for the time being, thank you.

---

DE probably cannot stop PWE from buying it. But you can.

I think this is the crucial first point to start with. This isn't necessarily DE's fault and even if DE doesn't want it, they probably can't stop it. The shareholders decide DE's fate, and if PWE is paying them a lot of money, they are going to sell. They don't care about Warframe or its community, they only care about the capital gains they make on their shares in the case of a buy-out.

This means that we cannot focus our rage and anger at DE, we have to focus it at PWE.

PWE shops around for games based on a number of faceless metrics, such as logins per day, average session length, peak concurrent users, average revenue per user, etc. They are not buying DE because they think players will like it, and will not be dissuaded from their purchase if players complain. Words are worthless to PWE: metrics are all that matter.

Forum posts do not matter to PWE. Complaints do not matter to PWE. Petitions do not matter to PWE.

There is only one channel through which we can voice our displeasure about the PWE takeover, and that is metrics.

The only way Warframe players can send any kind of meaningful message to PWE to have them call off the deal is by causing a sufficiently significant change in operating metrics that would have to be reported to the potential buyer during the process of lawful disclosure during the MNA (mergers and acquisitions) process.

PWE will absolutely drop the deal for DE if Warframe activity metrics falter significantly.

This is a challenge between the power of the community to stand up for their game (by refusing to play it at all) and the apathy that PWE is banking on.

PWE probably expects a few people to protest or to quit, and if a few of us do then they go ahead and destroy this game.

This is the community's chance to prove that it can't be ignored. And I'm not talking about some symbolic 1-hour walkout or a 24-hour boycott. I'm talking about not playing at all, even if they release a massive content patch, until we are certain that PWE is out of the picture.

Everyone who logs in to Warframe, for whatever purpose, is currently supporting the PWE buy-out of DE. Period. If you want to keep the game PWE-free, do not log in. Clan leaders should log in, set their MOTD to a notification about not logging in, and log out again.

Stay on the forums, stay active and make yourselves heard here, but absolutely do not log in to the game. Show DE the empty desert they'll have if PWE buys them out and then you can all return to the lush oasis of Warframe once this 11th plague has blown over.

Quoted again because this Tenno speaks the utmost truth.

DE, You are making a deal with the devil, if you go through it, you will throw 20 years of good games down the drain, and doom this game to be reduced to a dead husk of the likes of Champions Online and Star Trek Online, i remember how those games used to be and when i see the SHAMEFUL S#&$ they have become, i get depressed. WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN TO ME!!!! EVERY MMO I HAVE PLAYED HAS BEEN RUINED BY THOSE BASTARDS!!!!!!.  IF YOU MAKE THAT DEAL, WARFRAME WILL DIE AND DIGITAL EXTREMES WITH IT!!! IT WILL BE A SLOW AND PAINFUL DEATH, WITH ZEN AND LOCKBOXES AND EVEN WORSE RNG AND PAY2WIN AND CASH ONLY GUNS, SENTINELS AND WARFRAMES!!!!

EVENTUALLY THE PLAYERS WILL ONLY WISH FOR THE GAME TO BE PUT OUT OF ITS MISERY AND LEAVE!!!!!. YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO REASON WITH PW, NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY.

PLEASE DONT MAKE THAT DEAL, IT WILL KILL BOTH YOUR COMPANY AND YOUR GAME AND RUIN YOUR LIVES.

Greatest Warframe Trolling, Ever.

Or maybe they're just testing the waters in case they ever did decide to sell out.

Aww damnit, my post got merged into the mega thread, where posts and opinions are dumped so they can die in a drowned out flood of forum pages.

Edited by KnotOfMetal

I have no experience in this, anyone here who does?

Anyone who has experience with this.  Is it possible to counter offer?  I imagine it would take an astronomical sum, but theoretically, is it possible to establish a player coalition(kickstarter) of stockholders with the intent of letting DE answer to the player base?  Many of us have already funded DE because Warframe is a game that we love, I would be willing to shell out a little more to make sure it stays that way.

I'm not talking about funding DE with more money through more founder's/prime packs.  Sorry DE, I can't trust you with my money anymore.

Short answer: There's no way of knowing without knowing the specifics of the deal. PWE can throw a tremendous amount of money around though, so even if it was possible I wouldn't bet on such a thing working out.

Just going to add my two cents here -- DE, if you can stop this from happening at all please do so. Warframe is one of the only good f2p games I've ever played. It's the only one I've actually been willing to spend money on, because I don't feel like the game is trying to milk my wallet dry. If Perfect World takes over, this will more than likely change. They'll try to nickel and dime us at every opportunity, and myself and others will quickly lose interest in playing the game, let alone spending any money on it. You've created something great here, DE -- something that represents how well the f2p formula can work when businessmen aren't forcing you to try and squeeze us players dry. Please don't let Perfect World throw that away.

This 1000 times. Well said. ^

I think it is time for an official response from DE. I'm not asking the Dev team. I would like to hear what management has to say for themselves.