Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

Soulrift, on 02 Jul 2014 - 10:47 PM, said:snapback.png

TL;DR: do not log in to Warframe for the time being, thank you.

---

DE probably cannot stop PWE from buying it. But you can.

I think this is the crucial first point to start with. This isn't necessarily DE's fault and even if DE doesn't want it, they probably can't stop it. The shareholders decide DE's fate, and if PWE is paying them a lot of money, they are going to sell. They don't care about Warframe or its community, they only care about the capital gains they make on their shares in the case of a buy-out.

This means that we cannot focus our rage and anger at DE, we have to focus it at PWE.

PWE shops around for games based on a number of faceless metrics, such as logins per day, average session length, peak concurrent users, average revenue per user, etc. They are not buying DE because they think players will like it, and will not be dissuaded from their purchase if players complain. Words are worthless to PWE: metrics are all that matter.

Forum posts do not matter to PWE. Complaints do not matter to PWE. Petitions do not matter to PWE.

There is only one channel through which we can voice our displeasure about the PWE takeover, and that is metrics.

The only way Warframe players can send any kind of meaningful message to PWE to have them call off the deal is by causing a sufficiently significant change in operating metrics that would have to be reported to the potential buyer during the process of lawful disclosure during the MNA (mergers and acquisitions) process.

PWE will absolutely drop the deal for DE if Warframe activity metrics falter significantly.

This is a challenge between the power of the community to stand up for their game (by refusing to play it at all) and the apathy that PWE is banking on.

PWE probably expects a few people to protest or to quit, and if a few of us do then they go ahead and destroy this game.

This is the community's chance to prove that it can't be ignored. And I'm not talking about some symbolic 1-hour walkout or a 24-hour boycott. I'm talking about not playing at all, even if they release a massive content patch, until we are certain that PWE is out of the picture.

Everyone who logs in to Warframe, for whatever purpose, is currently supporting the PWE buy-out of DE. Period. If you want to keep the game PWE-free, do not log in. Clan leaders should log in, set their MOTD to a notification about not logging in, and log out again.

Stay on the forums, stay active and make yourselves heard here, but absolutely do not log in to the game. Show DE the empty desert they'll have if PWE buys them out and then you can all return to the lush oasis of Warframe once this 11th plague has blown over.

I'm doing exactly that while I wait for official reply. Meanwhile, some fitting music.

http://youtu.be/ID6-lHwzwuU

Well I don't think Uninstalling is reported to their metrics, so it doesn't really help ;)

But re-quoting the original thread over and over does help. The moderators want to close any other thread other than this, and people are probably only going to read the first or last page. So the only way to get the word out is to keep quoting this post so every new person that comes to the thread has a chance to read it.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/255923-de-please-please-do-not-do-business-with-perfect-world-megahyperultrathread/page-173#entry2965085

quote! quote! And if the OP really wants to support this movement, quote it into the first post!

Uninstalling will hit the metrics on services like Steam. It also removes a temptation to back out of the boycott for a moment.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/255923-de-please-please-do-not-do-business-with-perfect-world-megahyperultrathread/page-173#entry2965085

---

I think this is the crucial first point to start with. This isn't necessarily DE's fault and even if DE doesn't want it, they probably can't stop it. The shareholders decide DE's fate, and if PWE is paying them a lot of money, they are going to sell. They don't care about Warframe or its community, they only care about the capital gains they make on their shares in the case of a buy-out.

This means that we cannot focus our rage and anger at DE, we have to focus it at PWE.

PWE shops around for games based on a number of faceless metrics, such as logins per day, average session length, peak concurrent users, average revenue per user, etc. They are not buying DE because they think players will like it, and will not be dissuaded from their purchase if players complain. Words are worthless to PWE: metrics are all that matter.

Forum posts do not matter to PWE. Complaints do not matter to PWE. Petitions do not matter to PWE.

There is only one channel through which we can voice our displeasure about the PWE takeover, and that is metrics.

The only way Warframe players can send any kind of meaningful message to PWE to have them call off the deal is by causing a sufficiently significant change in operating metrics that would have to be reported to the potential buyer during the process of lawful disclosure during the MNA (mergers and acquisitions) process.

PWE will absolutely drop the deal for DE if Warframe activity metrics falter significantly.

This is a challenge between the power of the community to stand up for their game (by refusing to play it at all) and the apathy that PWE is banking on.

PWE probably expects a few people to protest or to quit, and if a few of us do then they go ahead and destroy this game.

This is the community's chance to prove that it can't be ignored. And I'm not talking about some symbolic 1-hour walkout or a 24-hour boycott. I'm talking about not playing at all, even if they release a massive content patch, until we are certain that PWE is out of the picture.

Everyone who logs in to Warframe, for whatever purpose, is currently supporting the PWE buy-out of DE. Period. If you want to keep the game PWE-free, do not log in. Clan leaders should log in, set their MOTD to a notification about not logging in, and log out again.

Stay on the forums, stay active and make yourselves heard here, but absolutely do not log in to the game. Show DE the empty desert they'll have if PWE buys them out and then you can all return to the lush oasis of Warframe once this 11th plague has blown over.

A thousand times this!

I think that we deserve some official response -.-

---

This is a challenge between the power of the community to stand up for their game (by refusing to play it at all) and the apathy that PWE is banking on.

This is the community's chance to prove that it can't be ignored. And I'm not talking about some symbolic 1-hour walkout or a 24-hour boycott. I'm talking about not playing at all, even if they release a massive content patch, until we are certain that PWE is out of the picture.

I'm doing exactly that while I wait for official reply. Meanwhile, some fitting music.

Previously posted by MrFaceRoll: a rundown of how PWe works.

"7-8 painful years. I'd just like to sum up literally every reason as to why this is an awful idea. Some people might not know who PWE are, what they do etc. but I'll do my best to sum literally everything up as someone thats been with them for so long and invested so much into them. I may have missed a few things, so feel free to ask questions about things I may not have covered.

I've played Jade Dynasty, Perfect World International, Forsaken World and Battle of the Immortals for a good part of my life. I've invested well over a thousand dollars between all of them, most of which went to JD and PWI. I would imagine my total investments reach over $2000. 

First off, the general idea of how their games run.

Do not expect much content, well, actually, they do decently when it comes to content, but let me put it this way... do not expect any early-mid game content. Every single one of their games is a money based end-game system. Don't expect to get anywhere at all without investing a hefty (and that's no exaggeration) amount of money into the respective game either. 

They chock up the game with lotteries and whatnot, but that's not even the issue. With a general grasp of the in-game economy it's actually quite easy to make in-game currency. The problem? They give an incredibly high amount of bonuses to p2w players. VIP services and items that you won't get without paying insane amounts, and there's literally no way of acquiring these things without paying. Most exclusive or high end items are bound, permanently untradeable upon acquisition.

Warframe isn't PWE's usual open world system. They'll probably go about this a different way. You can expect things like Prime Access to skyrocket in price, and include many more items, all of which to be "exclusive" and only available to Prime Access investors. Nothing you can farm or trade for, only pay for. 

The gameplay and PvP of Warframe. 

PWE's games devolve into one thing and one thing only. Gear. I'm not sure if they'd make such drastic changes, but if they do, expect Warframe to devolve into everything being one shots. It's not about skill, it's not about how hard you work, it's about who pays the most. There's no competitive PvP in any of their games anymore. Expect to spawn and get 1 shot. Expect to spawn and get a few 1 shots. There's no such thing as equal footing, it's whoever has the best gear and can spam skills the fastest. 

Extreme imbalance. 

This game does alright for balance, sure, some frames are still pretty OP and others are still pretty crappy, but they make an effort to balance them out. Once PWE does something, it's pretty much permanent. One or two classes reign over everyone else by a huge margin, and they'll always be at the top of competition and PvE. There's no balance in their games. I still play JD every once in a while today, and you will only see some classes once in a blue moon because they're so incredibly weak even those that find them fun and interesting won't play them for fear of being dominated in every category. 

PWE and their customers.

Do not expect anymore dev streams, answers or persuasions. You won't find any. There won't be any streams to fill you in or keep you happy, poof, gone. Do not expect any solid answers from support or reasoning as to why they may have done something. You will get literally nothing. You can't change their mind, even if every single person who has ever played a PWE game protested something they wouldn't listen, as exampled by their recent introduction of the Arc Client, an awful attempt at platforms like Steam or Origin that devours memory and bandwidth, slows down your game and constantly crashes.

Their games have an incredible amount of potential. Games like Jade Dynasty with great visuals for an MMO that's been around since 2008 and still looks great, with a huge world and tons of content is nothing more than a veterans playground. You won't find new players in it anymore, it's only those that have invested thousands into it and are well into endgame. It's devolved into daily routines, all of the content gets eaten up by endgame, PvP used to be amazing and it's practically nonexistent, and if you don't cash shop you might as well not exist in it. 

Warframe has a ton of potential, and that will all disappear if handed over. 

One thing's for sure, they're better than Nexon at least."

This is what we are fighting against; this is why we wanted PWe to be kept away from DE and by effect our beloved Warframe.

I was palying Neverwinter for several months and I can only confirm this. You had to pay for everything that is essential an a game like inventory space, bank space and hell, even for the possibility to ressurect other people during combat.or even healing - healing stones with 200 charges were at 10 Euros/dollars a piece and thwt was only the beginning.

Previously posted by MrFaceRoll: a rundown of how PWe works.

"7-8 painful years. I'd just like to sum up literally every reason as to why this is an awful idea. Some people might not know who PWE are, what they do etc. but I'll do my best to sum literally everything up as someone thats been with them for so long and invested so much into them. I may have missed a few things, so feel free to ask questions about things I may not have covered.

I've played Jade Dynasty, Perfect World International, Forsaken World and Battle of the Immortals for a good part of my life. I've invested well over a thousand dollars between all of them, most of which went to JD and PWI. I would imagine my total investments reach over $2000. 

First off, the general idea of how their games run.

Do not expect much content, well, actually, they do decently when it comes to content, but let me put it this way... do not expect any early-mid game content. Every single one of their games is a money based end-game system. Don't expect to get anywhere at all without investing a hefty (and that's no exaggeration) amount of money into the respective game either. 

They chock up the game with lotteries and whatnot, but that's not even the issue. With a general grasp of the in-game economy it's actually quite easy to make in-game currency. The problem? They give an incredibly high amount of bonuses to p2w players. VIP services and items that you won't get without paying insane amounts, and there's literally no way of acquiring these things without paying. Most exclusive or high end items are bound, permanently untradeable upon acquisition.

Warframe isn't PWE's usual open world system. They'll probably go about this a different way. You can expect things like Prime Access to skyrocket in price, and include many more items, all of which to be "exclusive" and only available to Prime Access investors. Nothing you can farm or trade for, only pay for. 

The gameplay and PvP of Warframe. 

PWE's games devolve into one thing and one thing only. Gear. I'm not sure if they'd make such drastic changes, but if they do, expect Warframe to devolve into everything being one shots. It's not about skill, it's not about how hard you work, it's about who pays the most. There's no competitive PvP in any of their games anymore. Expect to spawn and get 1 shot. Expect to spawn and get a few 1 shots. There's no such thing as equal footing, it's whoever has the best gear and can spam skills the fastest. 

Extreme imbalance. 

This game does alright for balance, sure, some frames are still pretty OP and others are still pretty crappy, but they make an effort to balance them out. Once PWE does something, it's pretty much permanent. One or two classes reign over everyone else by a huge margin, and they'll always be at the top of competition and PvE. There's no balance in their games. I still play JD every once in a while today, and you will only see some classes once in a blue moon because they're so incredibly weak even those that find them fun and interesting won't play them for fear of being dominated in every category. 

PWE and their customers.

Do not expect anymore dev streams, answers or persuasions. You won't find any. There won't be any streams to fill you in or keep you happy, poof, gone. Do not expect any solid answers from support or reasoning as to why they may have done something. You will get literally nothing. You can't change their mind, even if every single person who has ever played a PWE game protested something they wouldn't listen, as exampled by their recent introduction of the Arc Client, an awful attempt at platforms like Steam or Origin that devours memory and bandwidth, slows down your game and constantly crashes.

Their games have an incredible amount of potential. Games like Jade Dynasty with great visuals for an MMO that's been around since 2008 and still looks great, with a huge world and tons of content is nothing more than a veterans playground. You won't find new players in it anymore, it's only those that have invested thousands into it and are well into endgame. It's devolved into daily routines, all of the content gets eaten up by endgame, PvP used to be amazing and it's practically nonexistent, and if you don't cash shop you might as well not exist in it. 

Warframe has a ton of potential, and that will all disappear if handed over. 

One thing's for sure, they're better than Nexon at least."

This is what we are fighting against; this is why we wanted PWe to be kept away from DE and by effect our beloved Warframe.

Jeeez. 

If they're anything like Nexon please no!

---