The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

Oh, by the way everyone... the company expressing interest in buying shares isn't PWE. It's PW. 

PWE is the North-American branch. PW is the original Chinese company.

Which means they're probably buying some shares because PW is going to be the publisher for Warframe on the Chinese Xbox Ones, and they need to invest some money in order to make money.

So there's that.

Seriously.

Letter have I mentioned your my favorite moderator? No offense to the others but really, you're this voice of reason in this swirling darkness that is the threadnaught. No matter what the outcome of this chaos is it is an honor to be part of the community you are in.

Kudos to you sir!

Inb4 Stalker spawn is affected by Zen.

*lights flicker*

*I am your reckoning and i can only be damaged if you pay 20 Zen*

*prompt appears*

*would you like to pay 20 Zen to be able to damage Stalker? Yes/No*

*pays=kill Stalker, gets 2 Alloy Plates*

*pays not=Stalker is immune to all damage, doesnt get 2 Alloy Plates*

PW is still bad as PWE becaise its the parent company,and the partent company knows what the smaller branches are doing so they are the same PW=PWE,in my opinion the stock buy to publish xbox one in china  its a humbug,its a lie to get to DE and warframe

And coz of that tiny thing DE still remain silent? Yeah, right.

Maybe because the people who have the authority to comment on the matter are in a meeting or negotiations?

I'm pretty sure that if Rebecca had the authority to comment on the business decisions of the company she would have.

Oh, by the way everyone... the company expressing interest in buying shares isn't PWE. It's PW. 

Which means they're probably buying some shares because PW is going to be the publisher for Warframe on the Chinese Xbox Ones, and they need to invest some money in order to make money.

So there's that.

Seriously.

Who do you think a North American company would interact with?

Why would M$ need a separate publisher for a f2p title on live?

Edited by Aggh

If you don't mind:

So there's that.

Seriously.

- Letter13

Edited by Spectre-Agent

So there's that.

Seriously.

If that was the case(and I would dearly love it to be so) Wouldn't it have been as easy as to say "Hey FYI: they are publishing the Chinese Xbone Warframe, Relax they won't have any design say." I have a hard time seeing a company make a serious acquisition without full intent to make every bit of money they can on it.

Just remember: if you care about Warframe, do something about it!

TL;DR: do not log in to Warframe for the time being, thank you.

---

DE probably cannot stop PWE from buying it. But you can.

I think this is the crucial first point to start with. This isn't necessarily DE's fault and even if DE doesn't want it, they probably can't stop it. The shareholders decide DE's fate, and if PWE is paying them a lot of money, they are going to sell. They don't care about Warframe or its community, they only care about the capital gains they make on their shares in the case of a buy-out.

This means that we cannot focus our rage and anger at DE, we have to focus it at PWE.

PWE shops around for games based on a number of faceless metrics, such as logins per day, average session length, peak concurrent users, average revenue per user, etc. They are not buying DE because they think players will like it, and will not be dissuaded from their purchase if players complain. Words are worthless to PWE: metrics are all that matter.

Forum posts do not matter to PWE. Complaints do not matter to PWE. Petitions do not matter to PWE.

There is only one channel through which we can voice our displeasure about the PWE takeover, and that is metrics.

The only way Warframe players can send any kind of meaningful message to PWE to have them call off the deal is by causing a sufficiently significant change in operating metrics that would have to be reported to the potential buyer during the process of lawful disclosure during the MNA (mergers and acquisitions) process.

PWE will absolutely drop the deal for DE if Warframe activity metrics falter significantly.

This is a challenge between the power of the community to stand up for their game (by refusing to play it at all) and the apathy that PWE is banking on.

PWE probably expects a few people to protest or to quit, and if a few of us do then they go ahead and destroy this game.

This is the community's chance to prove that it can't be ignored. And I'm not talking about some symbolic 1-hour walkout or a 24-hour boycott. I'm talking about not playing at all, even if they release a massive content patch, until we are certain that PWE is out of the picture.

Everyone who logs in to Warframe, for whatever purpose, is currently supporting the PWE buy-out of DE. Period. If you want to keep the game PWE-free, do not log in. Clan leaders should log in, set their MOTD to a notification about not logging in, and log out again.

Stay on the forums, stay active and make yourselves heard here, but absolutely do not log in to the game. Show DE the empty desert they'll have if PWE buys them out and then you can all return to the lush oasis of Warframe once this 11th plague has blown over.

Personally I don't really care if anything changes about Warframe IF PWE gets involved. To me  just the fact that PWE is involved at all is reason enough to quit Warframe if that should happen, because i do not want to support those devils at all.

I feel bad for the developers. Sitting in their office waiting for news on their company being bought out. Some of them may be laid off. This is tough day of news for everyone involving warframe. The men in charge of DE needs to make the right choice, don't give into greed. Stay loyal to your customers and your customers will stay loyal to you.

So there's that.

Seriously.

>"Probably."

Which means there isn't a "there's that."  You're making educated guess just like everyone else Letter.  How can you tell us to not jump the gun when you're jumping the gun yourself?  Or are you basically trying to close the chapter in regards to people getting PW and PWE confused?

Either way even your comments null and void until DE speaks.   But I do thank you for the clarity.  We need every little bit until then..but I'm still trying to figure out why you feel "there's that."  Like that doesn't change the fact that this could still possibly be a horrible...horrible...icky icky pitang thing 

DE Which one of your staff was on Cr4ck to even think about PWE touching our beautiful creation known as warframe?

Capitalism rules the world sadly and besides I highly doubt any one DE staff member would be in any position to make such a call. DE is a company like any other so such a decision would be handled by the major share holders, owners and investors. Not the "working force" staff. I'm sure they are as nervous about the merger / buyout as the gamers.

People like Bobby Kotic and companies like PWE have one goal only $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ and will step over anything and anyone along the way

http://worthly.com/articles/ten-memorable-bobby-kotick-quotes/

Sad but true....