Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

I'm not saying I'll jump ship immediately. Who knows, maybe DE will be running the show and PW will just technically own the company as a whole for profit. Assuming WF doesn't get fiddled with too much by PW then I'll be fine with it.

Its just history has a way of repeating itself.

Now we play the waiting game...

so I said fake to a twitter post. all I had to do was go onto the WFtwitter :P I dont have time to deal with a little troll child like you, get out.

aww. you make a vague post and then when someone calls out on you trying to defend yourself for it you call them "troll child"

you should get out.

Op is smart: Since we don't have a contest to bring hype and tenstion. The OP created this, troll.

U14 didn't have the hype of U13 until now. ^_^

NOW, THE HYPE IS REAL!

U14 will reveal whether this is real or false. 

U14 hype has no gotten truely real.

I think this is the third or fourth post of yours that has called me a troll.

I enjoy warframe. I might not play it a lot, but the time I do spend in it I find immensely enjoyable.

I did not create this thread to try to trick anyone, or cause "hype" for U14.

I do not like forums, so I rarely (i.e. hardly ever) use them. I do not like the personal attacks that occur once people start to become defensive. However, due to my concern about this issue, I decided to make this post to raise awareness of this very real acquisition-in-progress. It is my hope that something may be done to prevent this acquisition from happening.

I'm unsure why you're struggling so hard to deny and denigrate this, but, I can assure you, this is not a troll post and I am not a troll.

Edited by wendiGhoul

After reading over the articles some more, it looks less and less like an acquisition on PWE's part.

If they were purchasing 51% of DE's shares, then the reports would all likely say "Acquiring [company]" rather than "Purchasing outstanding shares of [company]".

As far as I can tell all it is is PWE investing money in DE, not buying DE.

Big difference between investing and acquiring folks.

Also, CALM DOWN. Seriously.

After reading over the articles some more, it looks less and less like an acquisition on PWE's part.

If they were purchasing 51% of DE's shares, then the reports would all likely say "Acquiring [company]" rather than "Purchasing outstanding shares of [company]".

Purchasers intend to purchase, and Vendors intend to sell, all the 
outstanding shares of Digital Extremes 

But then again, 'purchasing all outstanding shares' indicates buying all the shares of the original shareholders. 

Oustanding shares are shares that are not owned; they're shares that the company has that haven't yet been sold to shareholders.

mods-ability-valkyr-hysteria.jpg

So, instead of enjoying Warframe for the /long/ time it has before PWE buys DE and merges, you're going to rage-quit a perfectly fine game for no reason. Perfect.

How badly do you think PWE is going to turn Warframe into? I mean sure, if they get the rights, they might change one or two things, but seriously, who gives a crap? Play the game. As long as DE keeps running the show for most of the game, its design, its enemies, and everything else, and the game stays F2P (Which I'm SURE it will!), then I don't give a crap. It's big business anyway. I'm not even surprised.

Extremely bad. You obviously have no seen the originals of the games back in Korea. Rusty Hearts for example is a truly broken mess compared to what it is like back home. Nothing is the same at all. NOT ONE BIT. Only the characters. Quest text, character text, damage tables, everything is just @(*()$ broken.  THAT is Perfect World. I felt bad for Windysoft and how poorly RH and even Dungeon Fighter Online from Neople (Nexon's Failure) because of companies like PWE here in America.

Edited by Afroman12

I still doubt this is actually a thing. Either it's just a rumor, or something that we don't really have to worry about, or even if it is, DE knows what it's doing, one way or another. Maybe it's not gonna affect us like Letter13 suggests. Maybe they have a solid contract like someone else said. Maybe DE doesn't even go through with whatever is going on.

Whatever happens, I'm gonna keep having faith. They're no strangers to the frustration of executive meddling. I'm going to trust DE to the end, until it either pays off or I'm proven that I shouldn't have.

I'd imagine it would be like:

DE: Don't worry ^o^

Players: So what's really going on?

Players: Can you be more specific?

*white knights in the background going "we love you DE"*

I'm reminded of when Mythic denied having any negotiations with EA back during development of Warhammer: Age of Reckoning.

Several months later they were renamed EA/Mythic.

Edited by NerosLL

Lmao. The comments in here are great. You don't even have to cherry pick them. Can you see why people have problems treating gamers with respect? Can you see why people have a hard time taking them seriously?

I won't deny that some comments here can get out of hand and overly dramatic, but if you're going to undermine the passin of the community just because of that, then you're the one I won't take seriously.

Gamers have something that a lot of groups don't and that's genuine passion for what they love. How many groups can you see rallying in the same way as them, even if it's online? How many of them can express themselves with as much explosion as they do?

Gamers can be ridiculous but that's mostly in the eyes of people who fell down into the association of adulthood with the mundane.

That being said, please, fellow Tenno, CALM DOWN. Letting the explosions unchecked won't do any good and won't make DE respond faster either. We must need to keep our composure, as we've expressed ouraelves enough I believe.

Edited by Casardis

Oustanding shares are shares that are not owned; they're shares that the company has that haven't yet been sold to shareholders.

According to the official definition, it states that outstanding shares means the current shares held by all of its shareholders, meaning if one company decides to purchase all of a target company's outstanding shares, that means the buying company intends to buy out the shares of the target company. 

This is just waiting for a Securities and Exchange approval.

The deal appears to be done and waiting for approval

http://www.4-traders.com/SUMPO-FOOD-HOLDINGS-LTD-7166883/news/Sumpo-Food---Perfect-World-to-invest-in-Digital-Extremes-18661957/

Sumpo Foods and Perfect World place 332Million shares for HK$63.2Million... or over $8 Million USD.

ninjas play for a fee... You quoted it wrong

That ninjas that play free right now do so thanks to the decent people that do pay and use trading. If this bull goes through, I get a feeling a lot less people will be paying.

Edited by ZephyrPhantom