The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

When an official word gets out.

1) Ensure DE is/isn't making a kickstarter

2) If not, designate ONE (WO)MAN to start one.

If that individual buys the shares than it's out of reach.

Brilliant idea, BUY the shares out of their reach.

In that sense, my point still applies. We gamers, nerds and geeks aren't taken seriously often because of how many people can't cope with the way we express our passion. Is this a good or a bad thing? That's situational, but if those people can't see even the slightest the value that can be found in such passion because of their closed-mindedness of their "mundane" lives, then I personally don't need their approval.

Without the geeky gamers there's no business, which sadly the men in expensive suits never seem to realize.

Still though, the primary thing to do is wait to see what happens.

Rushing to decisions or preemptively leaving is not the way to go about this.

Very true, and a lot of the players have said that they will wait till DE says something. If anything this thread shows how much the player base cares for this game and DE in general... That the very idea of a crap company taking over this game cause panic. There may be a lot of QQ over some small aspects of the game, but the players love the game all in all.

Edited typos....I needs the sleeps x.x

Edited by Colgach

Also, if "outstanding" actually means floating & unrestricted shares, there's always the chance that DE has only made 49% or less of its shares available (and left the rest restricted). Which would be fine because PWE wouldn't own the company.

Considering the monetary difference between the two companies involved here I highly doubt that's likely. That being said, this is definitely something DE should be clear about when it responds.

Edited by ZephyrPhantom

Also, if "outstanding" actually means floating & unrestricted shares, there's always the chance that DE has only made 49% or less of its shares available (and left the rest restricted). Which would be fine because PWE wouldn't own the company.

But still has quite a large controlling percentage. 

And besides, there is always the chance for Perfect World Ltd. to initiate a buy-out if DE allows it to buy the outstanding shares (whether or not it is legal/ethical probably does not matter at that point). 

Edited by Renegade343

DE cannot do this. Do they not realize that PWE will undermine on the Tenno experience with lack of updates and influx of "flash sales" and "discounted zen." OMG cuz who needs real developer love when PWE can smother us with advertising and impulse purchases.

For those that have never played a PWE game, think of it like the equivalent of playing the current version of Warframe PS4 with 10x worse customer service, forum, and patch support. 

Edited by rangeless

Hey, look! Hope!

'coughs awkwardly'

Really? Well i can`t blame you. I`d bought a lot of stuff too, if i had the cash... up to this point i regret nothing spent on Warframe.

If they do infact conduct business with PWE, i`m gonna feel differently about this...

Look DE, it's clear that many of the players are irked right now. If you want to see this game continue as a game not a P2W piece of trash then please do not let PWE buy your company. Seriously DE you are going to lose a ton of players.

I don't. That weaboo person makes mistakes and defends them with all their being.

And calls people trolls for pointing them out.

Cool your jets friendo. I've never seen anyone throw the term white knight around so much simply because not everyone despises DE and how WF is developed. 

I get the impression you actually hate the game, which begs the question as to why you really care about the forums. Much less calling out people and starting fights. 

I don't. That weaboo person makes mistakes and defends them with all their being.

And calls people trolls for pointing them out.

what was my mistake? Calling a fake thing fake? I fail to see how that was a mistake. Im sorry if you thought it was vague, but all the information needed was there in my post, But I guess I did make a mistake in that I didnt make it comprehensible for children. Ill use shorter words and better pictures next time so that you can understand them. 

and thanks I love Japan and cant wait to move there after college :)

heres a little video for you to enjoy once you matured past the mental capacity of a 10 year old :) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woDE4Ah9zFQ

Edited by Senketsu_

Well crap.

That being said, I have my fingers crossed that if it is true, PWE won't mess with or tell DE how to develop Warframe (or how to brand Warframe I don't want to see their logo).

If they do mess with how Warframe is developed or what's put in Warframe... well... there'd likely be a mass exodus of players. Likely myself included.

Have you seen what PWE does to the community? They make the community moderators lock forum posts for even saying that the game is a bit P2W, It's like in their code of conduct, so no complaints at all and feedback forums would be gone, and support would most likely suck as well. That is IF this is true, I'm just hopeing this just some huge joke on my heart..;~;

Look DE, it's clear that many of the players are irked right now. If you want to see this game continue as a game not a P2W piece of trash then please do not let PWE buy your company. Seriously DE you are going to lose a ton of players.

Many? *raises eyebrow* Try - a legion.

Yeah, just finished reading through the definition of outstanding shares. Outstanding shares do not comprise 100% of a company's shares, not by a longshot (unless the company went full public and unrestricted 100% of its shares).

Outstanding just means floating and unrestricted shares, and DE as the company holds control of the % of shares which are unrestricted. This means that they could have made 49% or less of their shares unrestricted/floating, meaning that PWE is likely not buying 100% of shares. 

My guess is that DE wants to remain as the owner of their own company and have authority over design decisions, in which case PWE is literally just investing money by buying the outstanding (floating/unrestricted) shares. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd guess this number would be anywhere between 5 and 25% of total shares.

PWE is only getting as many shares as DE is willing to sell. DE can still restrict as many shares as they want to prevent PWE from buying them all.

Well crap.

That being said, I have my fingers crossed that if it is true, PWE won't mess with or tell DE how to develop Warframe (or how to brand Warframe I don't want to see their logo).

If they do mess with how Warframe is developed or what's put in Warframe... well... there'd likely be a mass exodus of players. Likely myself included.

PW's track record so far isnt terribly great in that respect, dunno about others but every game PW took hold of ive eventually left for dead, STO being my longest lasting just because i so badly wanted it to improve.......which just didnt happen.