The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Please Please Do Not Do Business With Perfect World (Mega/hyper/ultrathread)

wendiGhoul

what was my mistake? Calling a fake thing fake? I fail to see how that was a mistake. Im sorry if you thought it was vague, but all the information needed was there in my post, But I guess I did make a mistake in that I didnt make it comprehensible for children. Ill use shorter words and better picture next time so that you can understand them. 

and thanks I love Japan and cant wait to move there after college :)

heres a little video for you to enjoy once you matured past the mental capacity of a 10 year old :) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woDE4Ah9zFQ

you keep doing this. you make a mistake and defend it.

you're not mature enough to admit that people can't read your mind when you make a one word post.

Also, if "outstanding" actually means floating & unrestricted shares, there's always the chance that DE has only made 49% or less of its shares available (and left the rest restricted). Which would be fine because PWE wouldn't own the company.

That's under the assumption that the people making financial decisions WANT to keep DE Ltd. It doesn't matter what kind of starry eyed ambition the developers spilled to us on the devstreams. Warm and fuzzy? Yes. But keep in mind that they're just employees.

Cool your jets friendo. I've never seen anyone throw the term white knight around so much simply because not everyone despises DE and how WF is developed. 

I get the impression you actually hate the game, which begs the question as to why you really care about the forums. Much less calling out people and starting fights. 

I don't hate Warframe. It has so much potential. I hate what DE is doing (more like not doing) with it.

Yeah, just finished reading through the definition of outstanding shares. Outstanding shares do not comprise 100% of a company's shares, not by a longshot (unless the company went full public and unrestricted 100% of its shares).

Outstanding just means floating and unrestricted shares, and DE as the company holds control of the % of shares which are unrestricted. This means that they could have made 49% or less of their shares unrestricted/floating, meaning that PWE is likely not buying 100% of shares. 

My guess is that DE wants to remain as the owner of their own company and have authority over design decisions, in which case PWE is literally just investing money by buying the outstanding (floating/unrestricted) shares. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd guess this number would be anywhere between 5 and 25% of total shares.

PWE is only getting as many shares as DE is willing to sell. DE can still restrict as many shares as they want to prevent PWE from buying them all.

If this is the case then I think the community would may be fine with that probably would still complain about it.

Edited by Nalo1993

Yeah, just finished reading through the definition of outstanding shares. Outstanding shares do not comprise 100% of a company's shares, not by a longshot (unless the company went full public and unrestricted 100% of its shares).

Outstanding just means floating and unrestricted shares, and DE as the company holds control of the % of shares which are unrestricted. This means that they could have made 49% or less of their shares unrestricted/floating, meaning that PWE is likely not buying 100% of shares. 

My guess is that DE wants to remain as the owner of their own company and have authority over design decisions, in which case PWE is literally just investing money by buying the outstanding (floating/unrestricted) shares. If I had to hazard a guess, I'd guess this number would be anywhere between 5 and 25% of total shares.

PWE is only getting as many shares as DE is willing to sell. DE can still restrict as many shares as they want to prevent PWE from buying them all.

We can only hope that it is the case. 

Nobody is abandoning Warframe yet. People will just be cautious.. which is fair enough. There's something about DE that you want to support them, which imho affects a lot of purchases. Any affiliation with PWE would throw that right out of the window.

Sup.

Suspending any spendings on WF until final word is heard.

IF acquisition is confirmed: deleting account, uninstalling game, forgetting it ever existed.

im also hoping not because i havent found a substitute just yet, left ME3-MP for here and so far havent found anything similar to fall back on.

TD;LR

PWE can't own this game.

So even if its true, it won't change the game whatsoever.

PANIC is dead.

stop worrying.

RNGesus !

That's under the assumption that the people making financial decisions WANT to keep DE Ltd. It doesn't matter what kind of starry eyed ambition the developers spilled to us on the devstreams. Warm and fuzzy? Yes. But keep in mind that they're just employees.

Good point. If the higher-ups don't care, we could still lose Warframe to PWE even if it brought a small amount of shares to begin with.

TD;LR

PWE can't own this game.

So even if its true, it won't change the game whatsoever.

PANIC is dead.

stop worrying.

TL;DR -  We shouldn't worry at all about potential executive meddling. Makes sense.

Edited by ZephyrPhantom

Reiterating what I just said since a lot of people are quoting my older response to someone saying outstanding is 100%, which it is not.

Here's more hope from Letter13.

What I fear from this is the potential buy-out led by Perfect World Ltd. later on. 

You Keep Getting Our Hopes Up Then Shooting Them Down

Thank you sir, for keeping hope alive.

Sounds... tolerate-able.

I'm still scared that there might be major changes.

I.... I just couldn't live with this.

Cool your jets friendo. I've never seen anyone throw the term white knight around so much simply because not everyone despises DE and how WF is developed. 

I get the impression you actually hate the game, which begs the question as to why you really care about the forums. Much less calling out people and starting fights. 

yeah he hate the fact they the Tenno are model related to asian culture.

However we have no idea what % is in restricted shares. 

It could be something like 10%. 

It is optimistic to believe that DE will still have 51%+ shares in their company available. 

We can dream... we can dream...

But unless you are DE or an investor in the company already we just wont know.