Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Implementing The Outdated And Lost

Dracario

Tenno, there is a problem among newcomers and veterans, and the problem doesn't cease to stop. What problem is this? The problem is more complex than it seems.

#1: The Founder's Pack

-I know what most of you are thinking and I can tell that the entire community is split between adding the lost content (the Lost Content being Excalibur Prime, Lato Prime, and Skana Prime). Many say "Bring us Excalibur Prime!" (the people who miss out on the Founder's Pack) and others say "No keep it exclusive, those who spent their money for the pack will [insert threatening comment here]!" (people who spent their money for the Founders Pack). However, I'm here thinking "What can I do to stop this conflict of veterans and the newcomers?" Here are some suggestions.

-Make the Prime Weapons Available

How I see it, many aim at Excalibur Prime because they want to collect all the warframes and mod them to their heart's content but due to its unavailability being "Founders Exclusive". As I search the Founders pack i realize it's only Excalibur being wanted and not the weapons. So a simple suggestion is: Reward Mastery Ranked 15+ Skana and Lato Primes. They put enough hours into the game to reach that rank so why not reward them for their time?

Sudden Founder's Pack buyer comes in! "No! I've spent cash to get these!" True words but you bought (theoretically) the Grandmaster pack. You got Excalibur, Lato, and Skana-BUT WAIT! You also got into the Design Council and a Solar Landmark! What's so special about these? Here is the article from the wiki:

The Solar Landmark is a descriptor of every mission in the game. It is displayed in a text ticker in the lower right of the info box of planets when the mouse is hovered over any available (i.e. not locked) mission node. The symbol is that of the Grand Master and the text is the user name of a Grand Master. If a player is a Grand Master, the shortcut to the left of the game mode selection button in the form of the Grand Master star symbol, will take the Grand Master to their own Solar Landmark as well as displaying one of the following messages, voiced by the Lotus:

• "Now the Tenno are stronger by your hand, Grandmaster."
  • "The Lotus is pleased to be in the presence of a Grandmaster."
  • "We are in your debt, Grandmaster. Thank you."
  • "The Tenno have gained great strength thanks to you, Grandmaster."
  • "With your support Grandmaster, the Tenno will rise again."

Design Council privileges are given to the top two tiers. This includes the ability to view design council forums (hidden to other players) and vote on designs, features, and names in the game. The staff is significantly more involved in the design council forums. Many announcements about the game are released there before announced to the free community. This feature is now given to a selected 25 players a month, as well as Master and Grandmaster founders. In order to gain access to the Design Council you must be an active contributor to the forums.

And adding to that you get your own private chat and beta keys. That matters because you have more exclusive areas where normal players cannot. (You have your own forums too, don't you feel like snobby rich people?) So why not give the weapons to the public? Sure 2 weapons from the Founder's Pack would be released but this is easily outclassed by current weapons (Brakk, Akstilleto, Dragon Nikana and Dakra Prime) so why not release Lato and Skana? I mean...It IS F2P.

#2: Unreleased Mods

-I had a recent argument with an alliance mate about how unbalanced some old mods are. More specifically Sacrifice, the mod that makes your sentinel revive you when you're downed (not killed mind you). He goes on about people buying revives more than I usually know and I understand completely. However up-to-date, Sacrifice would scale fantastically into late game. On rare occasions you're too far away (or unnoticed) from your teammates and you have to waste a revive (which also happens to be your last) to get back to them. However, your sentinel revives you instead and you don't need to waste a revive. "But wouldn't that be unfair for the business?" It would be if newcomers started out with Dethcubes or Carriers (which they don't most likely). It would only affect those who have some experience who decided to build a sentinel. "What about EMP Aura or Affinity Amp!?" EMP Aura can be easily fixed by reducing the ranks from 10/20/30/40/50/60% to 5/10/15/20/25% if not then by 2/4/6/8/10% accuracy to machinery. It doesn't make corpus free experience just because it lowers accuracy (because good grief are MOAs accurate). And Affinity Amp? I don't know how low can one get there probably reduce the rank to 3 and increase the exp to 3%/6%/9% (or 2%/4%/6%) and cannot stack maybe? and the Pistol and Shotgun Amps should be released as well just make them scale like rifle amp just end Pistols with 35% at max rank and shotguns at 50% or less. There's nothing wrong with the old unreleased mods, just a few tweaks here and there and it could be simply fixed. (However Primed Chamber would be a no go but would be ideal to make Snipers useful again).

In all there is a problem a community faces when given exclusive items and unreleased mods, many want them so they can say "I completed the game...for now." because we all have a completionist in us.

I'd like constructive criticism for thoughts on this thread. Tell me what you think we can do to bring back deleted content.

TL;DR want founders gear added to the game and unreleased mods that were leaked should be released. 

More accurate TL;DR

Excalibur prime should remain the flagship of founders, while the weapons are released to high ranking players.  Unreleased mods should be re-balanced based on other auras, then released.  Mods that considerably increase end game survival should either be changed, or made available to all.

This isn't a problem to discuss. Founder's exclusives are EXCLUSIVES, period. It doesn't matter that people want these, they simply can't and shouldn't.

Unreleased mods may be released eventually, DE just doesn't want them in the game yet, or they scrapped it's idea, because it wasn't to their liking.

The skinner box is working by keeping things exclusive. It makes you want to play more to obtain what may be unobtainable later, rather than playing less, so it is working quite well for DE and Warframe.

Founders exclusives can ONLY be released through the Founders Program. That caveat was part of the program, and they are legally bound to it.

That being said, I wouldn't mind them reintroducing the Founders Program for a limited time (30+ days) to fund the push from Open Beta to Release, when that time comes around. 

I am also hoping they reintroduce some of the event exclusives through the Questing system, and they utilize missions based on those old event game modes to earn them.

I am also hoping they reintroduce some of the event exclusives through the Questing system, and they utilize missions based on those old event game modes to earn them.

I'd rather they didn't, if you mean past weapons and the cosmetic. I'd rather have new quest-based missions based on Proxy wars with unique weapons, than to recycle old things. 

Sorry, but I consider my Lato Prime to be an even mightier flagship than my Excal Prime.

Either way, I'm of the mind that founders gifts and gear should remain 100% exclusives, no ifs or buts about it. It was DE's limited and exclusive gift to the players who helped fund the initial development of Warframe.

DE legally cannot re-release Founders' gear. Period. It was Founders exclusive, and that is what they paid for.

Unreleased mods are exactly that. Unreleased. They will come in time, likely after tweaking. They were only attainable briefly and as a bug, and many of them have even had their effects rendered null.

DE legally cannot re-release Founders' gear. Period. It was Founders exclusive, and that is what they paid for.

Hate to say it, but DE can do whatever they want. They're legally allowed to release anything they see fit.

Though they won't. They've promised on multiple occasions that they won't re-release founders gifts.

Sorry, but I consider my Lato Prime to be an even mightier flagship than my Excal Prime.

Either way, I'm of the mind that founders gifts and gear should remain 100% exclusives, no ifs or buts about it. It was DE's limited and exclusive gift to the players who helped fund the initial development of Warframe.

you have no clue how much i want the founder trinity.

BUT, these things were given to those who helped fund the game, they go beyond items given in a beta. and i can understand 100% that these aren't items i'm supposed to have.

and as soon as everyone else who feels entitled to them just because they play the game or have dumped thousands in prime accesses realizes this, the better.

On my side of things, I can relate the Founder's Program to a kickstarter (but not necessarily, just keep on reading :D)

Like Letter13 mentioned, the Founder's Program helped fund Warframe's development in its early stages, like how Kickstarter reward-tiers worked, you'd be given exclusives accordingly. Warframe being out in the open now is like how a game got successfully funded. Given that some games only give early access to certain stuff for that game, exclusive ones are definitely not out of the picture.

I'd understand (to a certain degree) how and why those exclusive primes would get released again (i.e. Warframe nearing its last stages to accommodate the "wants" or maybe "needs" of the players for those items) but it's certainly not around the corner if that would be the case.

I personally don't mind if it gets released in update-who-knows-what since I've enjoyed what I've paid for. Besides, not being apathetic or anything, but it won't really hurt me as I log in to play the game the way I see fit. Waving around my Skana Prime with the Excalibur Prime doesn't net me any advantage (aside from the addition Mastery Rank Exp). 

"Completionists" or "Collectors" are a different thing, I can't speak for them. I buy what I like, that's about it.

It only becomes a "problem" if you consider it as one.

What I do like the most from that package was the later on, gifts from DE (the bandana and shirt). They didn't have to do that, so I really appreciate them giving those.

I don't think you appreciate that the difference between tier 3 and 4 found was more than tier 3 founder. 

Also I only had enough money for tier 3 at the time and so missed out on Lato and solar landmark. I wish I had enough at the time but I did not. Would I like lato prime? Yes. Will I ever get it? Never. Am I OK with that? Yup.

Now the platinum is pointless its just platinum. The only key upgrades for tier 3 founders were Design council access and Skana prime. Since then DE now gives out design council access to people on the forum. It was the main reason I bought tier 3. So the only thing  I have left is skana prime. I don't get my name up in stars in the game like a grand master. 

You are not getting your grubby mittens anywhere near my skana prime. I still use it all the time with pride! 

STOP making these topics. DE has stated numerous times THEY ARE NOT COMING BACK! 

Edited by MDRLOz

Hate to say it, but DE can do whatever they want. They're legally allowed to release anything they see fit.

Though they won't. They've promised on multiple occasions that they won't re-release founders gifts.

Orly? I thought there was pretty much a legal wall behind all that, considering that they paid for items stated to be exclusive to the Founders and that re-releasing said items would make them not exclusive. Oh well, thanks for the clarification. I knew there'd still be no way DE would release them again, but I thought there was more to it.