Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #32!

[DE]Rebecca

What? We have much discuss in Devstream #32! From long-term questions to to new content, join us as we return to some long-term hot dev topics and talk about upcoming content! 

To To new content?   typo alert

With U14 bringing in Player ships and new/old ship entrance sequence, will there be a new exit sequence as well?

Some of the old exit animations are basically the ship crashing into the side of a mountain, and sometimes with another ship

And will Kubrows get something for an exit animation as well? or are they appearing to be left behind similar to ally grineer/corpus at the exit screen?

Guest Tehnoobshow

The twitch chat will be insane because of PWE, it might even get disabled if that is possible.

I'm calling it now. ; _;

Ninja'd

QUESTION : The warframe nexus app.......... can it get an update or a HUGE upgrade? It can be a lot better than what it is, for one thing it doesn't send me push notifications when alerts are on and I would like to know when a Vauban part shows up. I suggest making it more "codex like"

Question: Do you plan to improve the sentinels in any way since the kubrow are coming out soon? Pretty sure everyone is gonna start equipping them and id hate to see the poor sentinels become obsolete.

They said that Kubrows have a 'happiness' level that decreases as they go into battle. (IDK why, they're devildogs that swarm you as soon as you get within 3 light years of their den, and their eyes glow red FFS!), and as this level decreases, they lose combat effectiveness. Sentinels have no such limitations, so they can be used for day-to-day farming, while kubrows are good for the occasional high priority mission.

Certainlly not the most popular demand, but still a need:

We all love getting new weapons often, that's great, but do you plan on ever taking a look at old weapons that became obsolete, forgotten by gods and devs and that aren't used by almost anyone? 

A quick example: Spectra, a weapon with the second worst range(second to embolist), with a very poor ammo efficiency, and the lowest base damage of any weapon. No surprise almost no one uses it, and unfortunately it isn't the only one in such situation.

They said that Kubrows have a 'happiness' level that decreases as they go into battle. (IDK why, they're devildogs that swarm you as soon as you get within 3 light years of their den, and their eyes glow red FFS!), and as this level decreases, they lose combat effectiveness. Sentinels have no such limitations, so they can be used for day-to-day farming, while kubrows are good for the occasional high priority mission.

Even if thats true people will prioritize the kubrow and use them as much as they can. :S sentinels have needed an improvement for a while now

Even if thats true people will prioritize the kubrow and use them as much as they can. :S sentinels have needed an improvement for a while now

Yeah, but my sentinel is already yoinking my kills at lower levels, and some like the Carrier and Shade are invaluable if used properly. Helios is nice if you're too lazy to scan manually. Now Carrier might be in danger of going obsolete what with digger kubbies, but I'd like to see them put a codex scanner or a cloaking device on a Kubrow.

In the pervious stream it was discussed that 'useless' prime parts will become slightly more valuable.

An idea I had was an auto 'swap' system. For example Darvo has a 'rare' part up for grabs in exchange for another particular prime part that are in less demand.

First Steve when playing rhino at least once Rhino Stomp. Come on Bro. 

Second Would like to say I've been praying for the Dev's during this time of uncertainty. with the whole PWE. thing. I know my own experience with them was not pleasent. But, I understand that this is a business deal that may not even happen. So by the Lotus I wish you luck. 

Third. If you could, I know U14 wasn't deployed this week. So if you Could deployed it on this coming Wednesday. If for no other reason than the 9th. is my birthday and how cool would that be to get the update and a 1000 birthday plat. lol pleeeeeaaaassseeee. DE. Rebecca. 

Foruth Where is Laser Rilfe Prime?????

Fifth. We the players at Clan Mugetsu thank you for your tireless work on the game and your endless struggle to get everything out to us as timely as possible. 

ps. A Friend wants to gift me the prime accessories package. Is that possible? As it is for my already mentioned birthday. And, I have already farmed and ranked to 30 Loki Prime, Bo Prime, and Wyrm Prime. 

Edited by Ookami_Nihonto

Fan Code Submission:

#include<stdio.h>

int main()

{

printf("Hello Perfect World/n");

return 0;

}

Juuuuuust kidding.  For reals:  Warframes come with 4 abilities slots (i.e. properly polarized slots), but the abilities, generally, come in 4 flavours/costs (when maxed: 3, 7, 9, 13).  With a  'potato,' a 'frame has 60 mod points to go around (not counting an aura boost) between 10 slots, i.e. 6 points per slot.  Why not leave two of those four slots unpolarized so that we aren't automatically paying a penalty if we decide not to run all four abilities (particularly where we'd not be paying much of a penalty without them, i.e. 3+7=10 vs. 2+4=6).

One Love

or, if you will:

if{Booben=Love}

{

printf("One Booben\n");

}

else

{

printf("Bizzaro World\n")

}

Edited by (PS4)ballunix

Please, for once really talk about long standing hot topics as you said.

The networking and hosting situation is horrible since forever, and you completely ignore that issue. Every single player will be affected at some point by this issue, as the game will choose a horrible host resulting in lagging matches.

Not to mention how much worse this becomes when you have to use void keys, especially if you want to go for a public group. Some players know that they cannot host, but your game forces them to host. The result is bad for everyone in that match.

Stop ignoring this issue.

Ember as of right now is almost useless in high level survival

This is just wrong. Sure, the traditional World On Fire build will suck, but same with using a star-chart oriented Radial Javelin Excalibur build. Use her CC (just as you should use Radial Blind Excaliber) in the form of... Accelerant. Using a Dread with heat damage, I carried my team (I was the only CC frame and had the most damage dealt by far) through 40 minutes of T4 Survival with only 3 people. Build for max efficiency, plus Intensify, Stretch, and Natural Talent. Use Accelerant for an instant cast time stun. Only downside is you have to continually spam it every 5 seconds or so. But not too much different than Nyx with Chaos or Excaliber with Radial Blind.

TL;DR - Ember is COMPLETELY VIABLE LATE GAME. You just have to build her accordingly (i.e. Accelerant)