Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #32!

[DE]Rebecca

HI DE I hava a few quistons on kubrows can we build like in the clan dojo where we can have more than one kubrow or are we limited to just ONE kubrow and will we able to modify our kubrows in any way and if you dont log on every day will it have negative affects on your kubrows? and I also wanted to ask if we will eventually be able to have different types of ships and will there be certin mission where you will be able to apply you ship?

Are there any plans to go back and polish older items and weapons? With the issues of power creep, many items lose their viability with the increasing difficulty. (which in turn is caused by increasingly stronger weapons) I am aware that you want "different tiers of weapons" but many weapons have a very high cost for mastery and resources, and are yet out-classed by weapons cheaper and easier to get. (Spectra is the best example of this)

How long til Xbox release, and what do I get to keep if I "copy" my account to Xbox? I want to know, I need to know. I have all this plat, I've spent forever building this Dojo of mine, and I would love to know that if I decide to switch that it will be worth the switch. Do I get to 'keep the clan' i am in, or what? Do I have to use ALL my plat before I "copy my account"? IF so I would be sad, because I like using my plat in the best ways I can, I hate just wasting it on new stuff...

Infested visually: are there any plans to replace the retextured infested with unique models? Also, are we going to see color unification overtime? It would be nice to make infested enemies look more complex/changed from the host they originally took over. Currently seeing a beaten-up four legged fungus-Grineer is not as formidable as a completely new infested beast with only some components of other factions still visible.

Will you guys make another Warframe base off the community like what you did with Nova? Can it be like a contest where we would submit our designs, and the guys a DE picked 3 that they like, and then have a poll so that the community would pick from? Or something along those lines.

When might we expect to see more color options (hopefully colorblind friendly) for the mini-map? If not customizable colors. I ask because occasionally there is a glitch where someone will join a match and their map icon is a green lotus instead of blue. It would be really helpful in some of the faster-paced missions and tower runs if we could see who's who and where in the mission. Having four colors would help a lot.

Is the change where buffs and duration abilities wear off when a player "falls into darkness" intended, or an unexpected bug from fixing the Nyx Absorb exploit? To clarify: a Rhino using Iron Skin falls off the map, when Rhino returns to the map, Iron Skin is gone and must be recast. It seems like this was an unintended effect of the Nyx fix but there is confusion around this change.

Are there any plans on making min-events or alerts like events that last only for a short while with greater difficulty and rewards, like the recent Breeding Grounds event or Alad V hunts? Those were a lot of fun and I'd love to see random surprise events like this pop up every once and a while.

Thanks again for all the hard work, DE.

We've recently received the cool codex entry for Mag Prime I enjoyed reading it as with Ember Prime's is there any ETA that could be given on the next similar lore entry? And will all bosses also get little stories like that? I am aware there's more to focus on right now, but I like reading those little stories every now and then, it makes the world of warframe come alive a bit more.

And the other question I have is that you guys develop new and update existing game modes, which one is next for an update or  is there anything you can say about a new game mode?

Anyways keep up the good work folks, you're doing an awesome job with what you're doing

Edited by Vladek515

Devstream time again~ I'm really glad you guys are taking the time to collect questions from the community and addressing them, shows how much you guys care :D

Now, ONTO THE QUESTIONS!

1) How would different factions interact with each other and the tenno other than direct combat? How would clans/alliances be affected by the different factions' attitude towards the clan/alliance mates? Would the different factions be able to invade clan/alliance dojos?

2) Would there be plans for massive "space battles" where we pilot our Lisets in real time? (would LOVE to see some intense space dogfighting)

3) Are the infested going to stay unfriendly to the tenno? Both the corpus and grineer both reached out to the tennos for help at one point or another, can we expect to see something similar with the infested faction?

4) Would lotus be playing a bigger part in the tenno's social hierarchy? Is it possible for us to go against the lotus as the storyline progress?

5) Any news on the kubrows only planet for lotus? And the cute animation of the kubrows bothering lotus as she's trying to contact us?! :D?

6) Would the faction assassins (stalker, G3, zanuka) be able to invade our dojo/Liset?

7) Could we name our kubrows/Liset/weapons? (Update 14: Naming the Universe!) 

8) Now that we (will) have a ship, could we be on diplomatic missions on behalf of lotus? Would we even be able to see other humans in the universe that aren't trying to murder the tenno?

EDIT 1:

9) Would the design council be more than just for sneak previews? Would the design council be ever called upon to test certain features? Finally, would the council get more exclusive rewards down the line of warframe? (Exclusive skin for Liset? Cooler interior for the ship? lotus recognizing council members when deploying them into a mission?)

Edited by Thanatoasty

Recently i found out that prime warframe / weapon parts ( some of it ) can only be found at higher tier Void Mission ( T3 / T4 ) . Does this make the lower ranked and lower leveled players to not be able to get it at all ?

Hello, fellow tenno and devs.

I remember hearing a bit about PvP related to the dark sectors in the last stream. Are there going to be rewards only awarded to people who join or enjoy that mode? And if there are, is there going to be a chance for people who totally dislike any form of PvP to acquire them in other way than trading?

I've noticed the new U14 update really is very neat looking.

However the shop \ foundry looked very bright \ white in the bit shown, which usually leads to making our vision tired a whole lot faster.

While I don't expect to do a ton of shopping or crafting in a row during the night, or after long sessions of game play, are there maybe going to be options for "low light mode", or "improved reading" (white text on black menus) for the menus?

And finally, for us laptop gamers, are there any plans to maybe allow us lock the menu\ship to 30fps, in order to allow the system to cool a bit in between missions if we chose to?

Edited by R-Frame

Are there any definite plans yet for the void rewards? by that I mean reducing the number of RNG involved with use of something like a token system (which is mentioned multiple times on the forums). We all know the current system isn't the greatest and that you want to improve it. What I'd like to know is what plans have been made and what possibilities we can expect. I don't need a final answer but just a general idea of what's going to happen.

EDIT: (second question)

Are there any plans of scaling bosses other than Vor and a few others? I always enjoyed fighting Jackal in the early days but now he's just tough as any enemy at his level. Could there be some kind of function that scales all bosses when you hit a certain mastery or when you've beaten them all? This would bring back the fun for "endgame" players with bosses like jackal. If this won't be the case could it maybe become and option when you play solo? This should bring a bit of challenge back to some bosses and add replayability other than wanting to get a certain warframe or material.

Edited by zY_Spartan_Yz

- Will there be a warframe design contest of some sorts again in the future or is there a way one can submit his/her design ideas to the Dev team?

- Will the Kubrow be able to bite off a grineers face?

- Will the Kubrow have a similar ability like the vacuum? something like fetching a thrown stick for example? (thinking of which would be a really creative solution to the bug where thrown stuff does not return to the player like if it does not return after 10 seconds or so your little mutt goes and gets it back for you :D)

- Will there be different types of Pets other than Kubrows? Or rather will there ever be other animals besides kubrows and those sand thingies? like a small pet infested (you know the 4 legged ones xD)

- Is giving an estimated time window for the release of U14 possible yet? Next Week? next month? next millenium :P?

- I hope you guys did not overlook big loopholes in that PWE thing, if the argument was for example that DE keeps all developement rights of Warframe in it's current state then that means update it once and poof it's gone since it has changed.

- Will the ships be decoratable?

- Will your party members be able to wait in your ship while you choose the mission? like a briefing room for example?

- How will the Loadout system work?

Many questions there :D

I have a suggestion Warframe, why not a Warframe infested with powers, could have through Alad'a V Version infested, being given that following the event hives was himself half-infested as can see the link below if. If you took the painting to read my message thank you.

http://i.imgur.com/4YZGVek.png

PS: Sorry for my bad english , I use Google translation because I'm not English/American 

I honestly wish you could talk about what is going on behind the scenes with your financial situation... But I understand legality prevents such.

But I do wonder... What do you think about making transmute more stable? I have tested roughly 20 out of 20 (pre patch today) x4 rares of various typings... That's 80 of my rares... And gotten not only 18 commons, but 2 of the rares were the -same- mods that I used to fuse. I did 4 quickenings and got quickening once, and I did 4 different ones, one was barrel diffusion, and got another barrel diffusion... So how about making transmute more stable? Maybe even a little more predictable or even making a formula with hidden numbers, such as using 4 melee mods means a +50% chance of it being a melee mod or something?

1. Will the "essential" mods (Serration and Hornet Strike) be getting reworks or reduction to their scaling? 

I sincerely hope that there is work being done on these Mods, and was disappointed when the last Devstream said the plan was to give new players low-ranked versions of these mods, as I feel that does nothing to solve the long-term problem. 

2. On that note is the way the Damage formula works going to be tweaked upon so that players can't just stack pure damage with no negative repercussions?

3. Is there work being done on the grouping/matchmaking on a node?

One issue I have with the way grouping/matchmaking is how it just throws you into the first available group regardless of the Host's connection, and the fact that you do not have the option to host unless there are no available groups.

A second issue I have is how lower/newer players who do not have maxed out or high-leveled gear can be matched up with those who do, and due to the scaling of enemies are thus unable to contribute and do much damage. Is there work on this so that players of similar power are matched together, with the enemies scaling better for them?

4. Grineer-based Warframe?

5. Will combos be getting tweaks or something to better fit the flow of Warframe?

One issue I have with many of the combos is how there is a distinct lack of movement/transitioning between enemies, which tends to leave you attacking the air in front of you when the enemy you actually want to hit is either behind or beside you, blasting away freely. 

6. Will the melee-oriented enemies be getting tweaks to be both stronger and deadlier?

Currently in-game many of the Melee enemies are pretty much jokes. Aside from the Scorpion's Grappling Hook or the Flameblade's teleport they have no safe way to actually get close to the Tenno, and on the off-chance that they do get close many of them have such long wind-up times with their attacks that you can easily take two steps back to get out of their reach. 

And no, giving them elemental resistances like the Prosecutors is not a viable or fair option. 

7. Will there be something done about the Invasions and the way Prosecutors/Beacons work to prevent Vay Hek being blocked away?

I want to hear from you on 3 subjects:

#1 We want to know about this deal with PW. PW is regarded as a very low reputation company by the player base (to keep commentary short), and keeping mum on the subject is a breeding ground for rumors and doom and gloom. We love the game, and all the flak we give you is because WE CARE! Love hurts, I know.

#2 If you want to float your boat a little better (and kiss PW goodbye), how about adding a 'prime subscriber' model to Warframe's financials? I am not in the mood if sinking too much cash in it, but I wouldn't mind giving you as little as $2 (call me a scrooge)  per month in exchange of some Platinum, and you could occasionally drop some subscriber virtual SWAG, like exclusive retextures, or even time-limited. Subscriptions give a sure bottom line monthly income which may help DE's financials. As long as I get it back in Plat, and you don't forget subscribers when you make 50% plat promos, I am cool with that.

#3 WHEN will we have Sniper 2.0? 

Will you make histscan an exclusive or semi-exclusive weapon mechanic for snipers?

Will you add a special mod slot for scopes (like melee has stances)? 

Will there be a bayonetta 'scope' for gun kata?

Will we have Vectis Prime? 

Can we have an update on the focus system? Previous stream said it s being re-worked but that is an empty reply. 

Back in January three endgame projects were promised. (Proxy war, Focus system, badlands -> Dark sectors)

We are now over half way through the year and only one (Dark sectors) has made any progress. 

Why have other projects e.g. Kubrows been pushed ahead of end game projects?

Any chance of just releasing the "lenses" for the focus system early before the main content?

This way we can start stocking up Exp into them and feel like we are achieving more with our game time. 

Erm... what do you think invasion mission are? That's a Proxy War.

Will there be a way to have more options regarding alliances.  For instance renaming an alliance without having to first disband it and reform it. 

What happens to constructed or partially funded alliance rails if and alliance is disbanded?  Will we have the ability to distribute the contributed materials and credits back to alliance members?

...Iv been doing alot of Scanning lately, so I cant wait for lore expansion in the game, any news on that?

There's also a bunch of questions that are plaguing me about the Lore in the Codex, like what were Mag Prime's wings? Who are the Sentients and when will we get more information on them? Where's the Extra-Solar System, and who inhabited it and why were the Orokin Empire at war with them? Whats the meaning of the variations of Orokin "Guardians"?

Yes please ... if you can more about Lore and questing if you can and have more to add from the last stream.