Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dead Eye - Is It Useless?

primetime112233

Question

I primarily use the Lanka on Cerberus, Pluto these days to get practice leading my targets and farm T4 keys. I switch auras back and fourth to dead eye to try and see the damage difference but I can't tell what is going on. I seem to be just as effective without it, and that annoys me because every time I see it I want to equip it because it looks good, and after a while I switch back because it seems useless. Why does this mod suck so bad?

P.S.: I have looked through the forums and online before but I can't find a lead.

Edited by primetime112233

Personally i'd give Dead Eye a marginally better better bonus than Rifle Amp and have it cause a quick stagger/recoil effect on hits to npc's, it needs more than just dmg bonus differences to rifle amp and snipers need something extra to challenge bows.

Let me clarify that in no way is my above statement reflective of:

Happiness with this mod in its current state.

or

That it's staying 'as is' and is final.

I answered OP's question that at this present time lots of players agree this mod sucks compared to counterpart, but if its all you have as an Aura in your inventory the extra energy is worthwhile.

Older feedback/further reading on the topic:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/183560-dead-eye-aura-values-make-no-sense-and-research-proves-it/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/183560-dead-eye-aura-values-make-no-sense-and-research-proves-it/?p=2139213

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/220306-why-would-i-ever-use-dead-eye/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/220306-why-would-i-ever-use-dead-eye/?p=2553133

Relevant, especially the 'when' is uncertain part:

That is an awesome come back by Rebecca highlighting how it has been noted on multiple occasions and appropriate responses to the disparity in the power of this MoD have been noted. Definitely impressed with recall and organisation.

However it only highlights that this issue has been identified, acknowledged and passed on, yet no change has occurred. In-fact from Rebecca's first response to the issue (22 Feb 2014) to today (08 July 2014), 138 Days have passed; that is almost half a year.

Then again, I guess the problem has been the amount of effort consumed between Melee 2.0, Dark sectors, new ships and quest system (update 13+14). It has made last 6 months very heavy with big development projects. I would hope that once we have U14 in our hands there would be time for a check on things like this. However, then I remember the secret thing being developed for Mid-august unveiling that,on the devsteam, sounded like it was going to take a lot of work to make sure it was done in time. 

So probably looking for around September before we get a balance pass on these things done.

Edited by MDRLOz

-snip-

To be fair, Dead Eye was already balanced once back when it was first transmuted and released by mistake, so I think it was always sort of a band-aid fix for the mod itself. I'm hoping that they've held off on balancing the mod until Sniper Rifles are reworked, so that they can get a better idea of what damage buff it should get. It's not exactly a pressing issue at the moment because few players actively use Sniper Rifles, something that will hopefully change with the rework.

2. What if Dead Eye were changed by DE to have increased zoom when aiming

Gods no!  :O 

High zoom is a pain in the butt and gets in the way roughly eleven thousand times more often than it's actually needed to hit a target.

Gods no!  :O 

High zoom is a pain in the butt and gets in the way roughly eleven thousand times more often than it's actually needed to hit a target.

The increase doesn't have to be huge, nor additive with others running the aura, nor increase with each rank. Those increases should come with the crits instead.

I was thinking a 10%~20% boost, maybe up to 50%, or something, not something obnoxious and horribad, and with a badass custom scope UI.

You know, something worth using for sniping.

Edited by DietEbolaCola

No argument (assuming YOUR assumptions are correct), just pointing out that on any given day, there are prolly a hundred different people on here saying 'Could you please ignore all the rest of these yahoo's demands for just a teeny-weeny minute and do this one little-bitty thing for ME that I don't think will take you very long at all?'  Plan accordingly.

lol didn't realize everyone got so offended because I made a point rofl your though man that was the point I was trying to get across