Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I A Bad Girl For What I Just Did?

BloodKitten

Even if the rest of the team was AFK I wouldnt bother doing anything like this, team is not really needed in invasions.

going melee only to level and get rid of a weapon that kinda sucks, what if harvester show? i need people to help, at the same time it helps them if they need a part.

While I am against afkers and I hope they implement something about it. But sometimes you just need to play through it for the sake or the other players in the group, don't let 1 person ruin your game.

It's like a box of chocolate, you don't know what you are gonna get.

i was hosting invasion game, i noticed a player was afk, the other 2 players dident cared and went on with the mission, i told then i dont want afk players to get anything for being afk, they dident cared and continued.

so i turned off and on the internet device and forced evryone to disconnect (or can they migrate still?)

what do other users think?

Unless they had a proper reason to be AFK, I don't think you did anything wrong.  You were hosting a game, but it's not like you're completely repsonsible for how people are in your session.  They will probably think you pulled a real $&*^ move, but that's because a huge percentage of online gamers are whiney p!$$-ants.

As for what defines a "proper reason" to be AFK, that depends.  But did they not explain why they were AFK?  A proper reason, to me, would be like someone suddenly has to go to the bathroom, or they get a phone-call from a relative and it's an emergency.

Then again, I'm a lone wolf, preferring to play this game solo.....of course, there may come a time when I require the help of others for some missions (especially those damn Mobile Defense missions), but that's another story for another time.  Point is that since I'm mostly a solo player, I'm not in a proper position to truly decide if what you did was right or wrong, as what I say is only my opinion.

That's why I joined a clan. 

Otherwise I just don't lose my sleep on selfish players. There will always be those. Only way to find a quality team is by befriending people, one of the best ways is to join a clan. You don't have to like everyone in a clan, but should make at least a few friends there, and be OK with the clan rules. If you are not OK with the rules and have no say on them, just move on. You will find a good clan eventually. If you speak portuguese or spanish I have an invite for you. 

I don't believe you're really a girl

As for not wanting afkers in game, I can't blame you for that, though if I had a frame that could troll like Loki, Valkyr, Vauban etc I would start moving them until they were in the middle of enemies and then died.  

I also like to switch teleport door heroes in defense missions.  

HEY YOU!  GET AWAY FROM THAT DOOR AND DEFEND THE POD!  *switch teleport*  HEY! DON'T GO RUNNING OFF AGAIN BACK TO THAT DOOR!  *switch teleport*   Buddy, I've got an energy build Loki here and I can do this all day if you want.  *switch teleport*    Eventually they get the message.   Running off to door hero = switch teleport.

Edited by Beas7ie
Don't go off topic or say silly things.

There was a time I hosted a T1S key and the other three just waited by the extraction. 20min later Loki Prime Chassis pops up! I told them "Since you guys didn't do anything to help me out. You aren't getting anything." And I abandoned the the mission. I laughed so much when they started to complain to me of how much of a #$&(% I am. It was priceless : )

As a mostly solo player, I don't care if there is an AFKer in one of the few instances I'm grouping up.  Frankly, I imagine that AFKer will look at his gains, feel good, play for a moment, then quit of boredom.  Easy come, easy go.  People too lazy to even farm for stuff they want often don't show much commitment to the game to begin with.  Just ask anyone that got a friend into the game and helped them get serration, split chamber, boltor prime, etc. within their first 30 hours of playing.

Meanwhile, I'm bemoaning the bug that has rendered prosecutors immortal because I enjoy spam running exterminates on Ceres for the sheer hell of it.  Couldn't care less if there's nothing to gain from doing so.

Prefer an afk in defense mission than a door hero, spawn killing at 15 km, splitting xp. :)

And about a leecher during reactor/catalyser alert during works hours? Isn't be fair to help them to get some potatoes when they can't play? :3

I hate both but you make a VERY good point.

Do what you like but honestly if the others were actually doing their jobs you #*($%%@ them over for no good reason. Players go AFK all to often and the longer you are here the more you encounter it. You can punish them in that way but you are liable to make a bad name for yourself. 

The best move is to tell the others you are ending the session and you will reinvite them without the leech. Anything less than that and you are just about as bad as the afk player.

BTW OP that is kind of petty for just an invasion.

You're a boy.

On-topic: I don't think you're bad for it, so I kinda agree with what you did.  

I tend to find a way to kill them, unless they actually tell me why they afk.

I don't like ruining the game for other players if only one person is afk. 

Depends on my mood. If someone is blatantly abusing AFK to get some item, I DC or ask the other squadmates if they care, and if they agree, we quit the mission, so douchebag can go join another one and leech of other peoples' efforts. 

You're not really going to help avoid the issue, since they could just easily join another game afterward. However, you do penalize other players who wanted to have fun, who were doing their part in the mission, only for you to step on it because of your sense of justice that you force upon them through your actions.

Of course, if it migrates properly, there's no issue on their part, but if it does actually migrate, then the purpose of your action (making the AFK player disconnect) was for nothing, isn't it? So what to do then?

They leech once, sure, but there's no stopping you from simply leaving the lobby afterward (and hope you don't join the same of course). Besides, even if they AFK (especially if it's at the beginning of a mission), do they actually get in your way? Are they jeopardizing your mission?

As for being held accountable and "whatever means possible," that's exactly pride and ego involved because you want to apply your justice on that one player, without taking into account the other players in the game who are doing their part. You may say it doesn't involve ego and pride, but please take a step back and review your thoughts and actions. It probably has more to do with you than anything. The intention of calling out leechers is great; it's the actions undertaken that can be questionable, the latter usually bringing ego/pride into it.

This. I completely understand the sentiment and I'm one of those 'host is king' type of person but I think OC's action was mostly unnecessary and probably caused more annoyance than the leecher himself to other players who were doing their part. 

I'm dead serious here but um..Why oh why do people care if someone is afk in their match?? I mean really I run into AFK people ALL the time, I barely even notice, let alone sweat so much over it that I quit and go find another lobby.

I'm dead serious here but um..Why oh why do people care if someone is afk in their match?? I mean really I run into AFK people ALL the time, I barely even notice, let alone sweat so much over it that I quit and go find another lobby.

An AFK player is dead weight that could be replaced by an actual, competent teammate that takes weight off of the other 3 players. But instead they just sit there being useless.

I'm not sure exactly if I endorse your anti-AFK tactics or not, but I will say I just don't get why somebody would even go through the trouble of logging onto a game if they're just gonna end up AFKing.

Where's the point in that? If you have all the stuff to begin with, why are you even there? "o but its all 2 boring 4 me nao!" Believe it or not, you don't have to sit around here with us and complain about (What you believe to be a) lack of content. Warframe is but one of many free games for you to enjoy.

*Edited for typos.

Edited by CrazyOne

Best bet is to get them killed and dont res them, that way they get nothing and you still get to play the session with people that want to do so (most missions can be done happily with 3 people).  Best of both worlds; AFKers get nothing, actual players get to play.