Why Do People Not Like Hydroid

Arabaxus

1st ability: unreliable knockdown

2nd: 50 energy for a simple knockdown

3rd: makes enemy immune to damage, mainly useful for recovering your shield

4th: meh 

I do love his visual though

2nd: 50 energy for a simple knockdown

While this is certainly true, it is great for getting around if max duration, as you go superfast. Plus you can fly across gaps with no problem.

People just need to think I about him differently. A good Hydroid can prevent a wipe in most situations.

I main him and Nova, and I like them equally.

His CC is great on Tentacle Swarm, which will grab nearly everyone on cast. And as I avid Hydroid user, I can agree that the puddle is more trolly then useful, to the point that I don't use it.

You're mistaken. The puddle is a great panic button & revive assist.

For me, it's the grindwall he's held behind and that he generally seems to lack damage. Also the pirate style is kinda cool but seems to not fit with the game to be honest. Some will say that's not a valid argument but that did affect my opinion of him, so that's that.

Also the puddle makes no sense and seems pretty ridiculous (and not in a good way).

People used to hate Banshee for the same reason when she was purely RNG, now they just hate her cause she sucks.

Back when she came out she didn't suck... She's been pretty good against Infested and stunlocking other enemies. But you are right with the fact people hated the randomness involved in getting her. She started to suck when Nova came around and made damage-over-time-based frames useless. Ever since then Saryn, Ember and Banshee (with Banshee being the worst of the three) are on the backburner while Nova gets all the credit, because of Molecular Prime.

I guess the same will apply to Hydroid once DE moves him away from Hek in favor of something new. I don't think Hydroid will stay with Hek forever because of how most Grineer story-arcs involve Hek in great scale.

when Nova came around and made damage-over-time-based frames useless

well probably cuz that reason too everyone try to get a frame who can make tons of damage in 1-2 sec (Molecular prime , bladestorm , rhino stomp .... etc)

well probably cuz that reason too everyone try to get a frame who can make tons of damage in 1-2 sec (Molecular prime , bladestorm , rhino stomp .... etc)

That's one of the reasons why everybody calls Nova and Rhino killstealers. Not that I care about kills anyways... I like my enemies dead and I don't care if I only played a support role on that part.

Also means more XP for me and my unleveled weapons as Nova is the GREATEST XP-waste-machine in the whole damn Warframe universe. xD

Edited by MeduSalem

The grind wall prevents me from actively farming for him.  Nor do I care for him enough to drop some plat and be done with it.

Overall I'm not a fan of his ability set/appearance.  He's cool, but not the type of character I would enjoy playing

Edited by Rennagade