Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sooo Where's The U14 Hype At Now?

From judging by the the forum threads i guess u14 came with a bunch of bugs that...well made players give up. but font worry, i know right now most of you can't get that kubrow egg, and can't get a curtain part and so on and so forth but as a ps4 player i can say that you guys are lucky to even get your hands on it as us ps4 players wait for atleast a month and a half on this major update.but ehh I'm not complaining cause when we get u14 most of the issues should be worked out and we can kubrow hunt :)

The hype train crashed and burnt for me at least. I mean this update is just a major UI change that has us relearning the whole game and really makes everything more time consuming. Too many extra clicks in places that there shouldn't be (e.g. you now do Navigation - Planet X - rotate planet to find the mission - Mission x - Start while you used to just click a planet, click a mission and play now or it would load you up in a group). Many things are in places where they do not belong in (eg the solo-public-invite-private button is kinda hidden away, the leave squad button is not there in the navigation panels but you need to hit esc). Other things just seem off because of this whole mix a million different UI's aesthetic (older progress bars in some menus, older buttons and stuff - it should have had a unified new aesthetic at the very least). Also many of the bugs have been game breaking and a lot of server issues made this too unenjoyable on day one. But tomorrow is gonna be a better day certainly. The whole kubrow thing has me scratching my head as to how it will work because we need to wait some time till the puppied grow. If they are to replace sentinels though, I am gonna kick mine out of my ship and use the carrier instead. By the way I did not manage to get the only egg that dropped for me in like 50 missions cause my game crashed me out while extracting. Honestly the update feels to me like it was rushed and that if it was pushed back 2 weeks or so it would be astonishingly polished (just to be fair the UI design is very nice looking and the ship is a great aesthetic addition). I expect the hotfixes to improve stability and give us a streamlined experience but the fact of the matter is that U14 is not a big content update but mostly a new framework that DE can improve and build upon with quests, ship modules and new mechanics.

You don't really understand what hype is do you? How can there be any hype if U14 is already out?

So far I'm enjoying the patch very much, got used to the new UI, the server problems are gone, and the bugs are not that severe, and DE is working hard on fixing them.

also this is Page Three

QlRr2cj.jpg

the cutest bestest kubrow ever.

8/10

Nope, Hype still going for me!!!

CHOO CHOOO HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE !!!

kay , it's... pretty much as buggy as I expected - but everything else is better than expected !!

Really! I expected Ordis to be annoying - wrong!

I expected the quests to be ....lame - wrong! (I just really hope there is more to come - the sooner the better)

I thought I wouldn't give a damn about Kubrows - Wrong!

Also, the new UI is really cool too. Some minor things need fixing though (Like warframe blocking the view ~~)

I'm just restarting warframe for the x'th time because the quests always get stuck... well. I kinda thought there would be stuff like this. SO I am not surprised.

I agree, there's a whole lot of bugs. But these are temporary... soon they will get fixed. I am sure.

Since when were the other updates not buggy?
True this one is a big change and most players on the forums are saying nay to the U.I. cause it gives them a headache. 

But honestly, to me this is one of the best updates they have ever done.

The hype train crashed and burnt for me at least. I mean this update is just a major UI change that has us relearning the whole game and really makes everything more time consuming. Too many extra clicks in places that there shouldn't be (e.g. you now do Navigation - Planet X - rotate planet to find the mission - Mission x - Start while you used to just click a planet, click a mission and play now or it would load you up in a group). Many things are in places where they do not belong in (eg the solo-public-invite-private button is kinda hidden away, the leave squad button is not there in the navigation panels but you need to hit esc). Other things just seem off because of this whole mix a million different UI's aesthetic (older progress bars in some menus, older buttons and stuff - it should have had a unified new aesthetic at the very least). Also many of the bugs have been game breaking and a lot of server issues made this too unenjoyable on day one. I expect the hotfixes to improve stability and give us a streamlined experience but the fact of the matter is that U14 is not a big content update but mostly a new framework that DE can improve and build upon with quests, ship modules and new mechanics.

Pretty much my feeling too. Than again, i'm pretty resistant against hype and usualy just let things come.

For me the new system is very clunky and time consuming, requiring too many steps to get things done we could do much quicker with the old system. More atmosphere good and fine, but it all comes at the cost of time spend on a lot of extra steps.

The fact that the new UI actualy downgraded several things we had before (total materials visible while crafting for example) and hides previously easily accessible options behind more windows puts a downer on the atmospheric upgrade.

Wish we could get something like the old UI as alternative. Like the ship and all still exist, but we could also switch to the old menu at the navigation consols. So we don't have to move around the ship all the time and can make changes quickly with less moving and clicks.

All I have to say, I made some predictions to myself about this update. Came to the forums, had a look around, all my predictions came true. So, yeah.

I am not sure why you're upset. The reason I don't play on PC is that I don't tolerate broken crap like this.

That said, I suspect this update will upset us anyhow when it comes to PS4. That UI is just... Bad. Maybe they'll take their time and make it better?

All I have to say, I made some predictions to myself about this update. Came to the forums, had a look around, all my predictions came true. So, yeah.

I am not sure why you're upset. The reason I don't play on PC is that I don't tolerate broken crap like this.

That said, I suspect this update will upset us anyhow when it comes to PS4. That UI is just... Bad. Maybe they'll take their time and make it better?

You do realize you're playing the same game as us, right?

I will admit to being very disappointed with the new UI, it is just annoying to have to go through useless things like scrolling un-labeled planets, having to hit esc to do anything at all, when the previous UI had everything within a click and info right out in front. 

Other then the pointless clunky UI, it bugs the hell out of me that info screens like market  move around when moving cursor to an item and mod screens are canted at ~20 degree angles (If i wanted to read anything from awkward angles i would just tilt my monitor)

While I really like the kubrow, and the mirror images on mirage are awesome ....

1. The fact that I cant touch the extractors on mercury and Venus (despite re-running the entire planet) is annoying.

2. The camera angles in the mod screen and while altering appearance are frustrating, since it appears that I am trying to alter my frame while looking over its shoulder instead of AT it.

3. The sheer number of clicks between screens makes the game feel laggy, like when moving from the weapon upgrade screen to the installed mod screen.

4. The lack of an exit button on the login screen shows the optimism on the part of DE, but their lack of realism.

5. The warping around that occurs on the ship while moving between menus is enough to give someone motion sickness, as are the menus that pan and tilt while attempting to navigate them.

6. There are no labels on planets. This is on a star chart that is easier to navigate ...(also see #1)

I know this was all to make it easier to access things and to be more intuitive ... but overall it feels broken, and poorly thought out. 

Pretty much my feeling too. Than again, i'm pretty resistant against hype and usualy just let things come.

For me the new system is very clunky and time consuming, requiring too many steps to get things done we could do much quicker with the old system. More atmosphere good and fine, but it all comes at the cost of time spend on a lot of extra steps.

The fact that the new UI actualy downgraded several things we had before (total materials visible while crafting for example) and hides previously easily accessible options behind more windows puts a downer on the atmospheric upgrade.

Wish we could get something like the old UI as alternative. Like the ship and all still exist, but we could also switch to the old menu at the navigation consols. So we don't have to move around the ship all the time and can make changes quickly with less moving and clicks.

Absolutely true... +1000 votes........ Im sure the devs work part time at Microsoft and also gave us Vista... 

While I really like the kubrow, and the mirror images on mirage are awesome ....

1. The fact that I cant touch the extractors on mercury and Venus (despite re-running the entire planet) is annoying.

2. The camera angles in the mod screen and while altering appearance are frustrating, since it appears that I am trying to alter my frame while looking over its shoulder instead of AT it.

3. The sheer number of clicks between screens makes the game feel laggy, like when moving from the weapon upgrade screen to the installed mod screen.

4. The lack of an exit button on the login screen shows the optimism on the part of DE, but their lack of realism.

5. The warping around that occurs on the ship while moving between menus is enough to give someone motion sickness, as are the menus that pan and tilt while attempting to navigate them.

6. There are no labels on planets. This is on a star chart that is easier to navigate ...(also see #1)

I know this was all to make it easier to access things and to be more intuitive ... but overall it feels broken, and poorly thought out. 

Agreed