Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Conflicts Pvp In A Nutshell

.Talia.

How-to Dark Sectors PvP: Ash Bladestorm, Valkyr Hysteria. Win.

Valkyr in Hysteria being Bladestormed by Ash, who is also being Bladestormed by another Ash. (Yo dawg, i heard you like Bladestorm so i threw a Bladestorm in your Bladestorm)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot64_wCXXxg

I'm so happy this game mode is completely broken. At least now DE is gonna HAVE to do something about PvP balance in this game.

Edited by RexSol

I'm so happy this game mode is completely broken. At least now DE is gonna HAVE to do something about PvP balance in this game.

Fortunately they DON'T have to do anything, and I hope they won't. Warframe is, and always should be, a PVE centred game.

Edited by Silvershadow66

Fortunately they DON'T have to do anything, and I hope they won't. Warframe is, and always should be, a PVE centred game.

Oh they will, wanna bet? Just look at the sheer amount of topics in the PvP Feedback section in the last two days.

Frankly, I tried to run this game mode earlier and I was slaughtered all but one time because all but one of my joins I joined a halfway progressed match, and when that happens you start with nothing, and there is no hope of catching up. The other time I got to be the one starting early and ran loki invis with Dakra and made everyones life suck, on a side note the NPC enemies cant hurt you while you are invisible xD

They dont have to, but they will, because they made it a central piece of one of their main endgame ideas, and thus because of that they will eventually polish it up to make it reasonably fun.

Mode is unbalanced because frame abilities are unbalanced. Yesterday got a match in this mode. Got in in middlematch so my weapons and valkyr was ridiculous underpowered, Enemy Vauban had no problems for filling floor with teslas, then setting Bastille in the entrance and finishing with Penta while we were snared.

Well did not expect anything less somehow.

That's what happens when developers ignore the "balance"-outcries of their community for about a year and keep on saying "they're fine" when they're clearly not.

Edited by MeduSalem

Well did not expect anything less somehow.

That's what happens when developers ignore the "balance"-outcries of their community for about a year and keep on saying "they're fine" when they're clearly not.

Well we did try to warn them.

just player QQ/Rant about PVP-aspect of stuff doesn't mean, DE will put PVP above PVE..

I didn't say that they will put PvP above PvE. I said that they are gonna have to do something about the PvP balance now.

Edited by RexSol

First time ever I wanted to try PvP in wf yesterday. I thought I use Loki and snipe from the far behind a bit stealthed. I couldn't even go into stealth, and my sniper (crit build latron prime) felt like a pea shooter from plants vs. Zombies 2. I was facepalmed by rhinos in iron skin constantly. They just ran around withouth issues and one hitting me with melee. That was more than enough PvP for me in this game for an eternity thank you! Never again!

Well we did try to warn them.

That's true... even I never really took part in the Warframe balance feedback and only read most of the threads that all went to the Forum dumping grounds as time passed by I still acknowledged that there's a problem. At least I tried to give my best at the mod system and some weapon balancing, most of which were unsuccessful because either the community persisted on power/dps-hogging or the dev-team denied that there are actual issues with any of those topics.

Let's hope they will catch up with that balancing feedback now... if not then the PvP mode is doomed.

And to be honest, even DE_Adam said that those "balancing" stuff won't carry over to the PvE mode I'd be glad if some of that stuff still managed to get carried over to the PvE mode because there we have similar issues.

Edited by MeduSalem

Warframe is not meant to be a pvp game, How can you do pvp with invincible skills like hysteria, iron skin, bladestorm or hard CCs like bastille, vortex, molecular prime etc? And what about penta, ogris, dread, paris prime?

Iron Skin only helps you in the first minutes of the game, in the final stage it doesn't last a second.

Dread and Paris Prime are good in PvE but you can't hit a skilled player with a Bow, they are not viable in PvP.

The other things you said i agree, totally broken and not balanced for PvP.

Edited by RexSol

Iron Skin only helps you in the first minutes of the game, in the final stage it doesn't last a second.

Dread and Paris Prime are good in PvE but you can't hit a skilled player with a Bow, they are not viable in PvP.

The other things you said i agree, totally broken and not balanced for PvP.

I disagree, a skilled bow player can take out other skilled players, it just takes a lot more practice than almost anything else, and if there is lag you are then nearing the impossible range.

I disagree, a skilled bow player can take out other skilled players, it just takes a lot more practice than almost anything else, and if there is lag you are then nearing the impossible range.

I've yet to meet a Bow user that can kill me in PvP xD

Valkyr's Hysteria is fun as all everloving hell in PvE but it really needs some sort of hard counter as far as PvP goes. Perhaps one of the support classes (Oberon or Trinity come to mind) could have a "purge" effect to their abilities, whereupon they remove procs from friendly units and active abilities from enemies. Another thought that comes to mind is changing the way Hysteria works - perhaps it could induce a constant bleed effect that must be offset (and outpaced) with constant killing, which fits in with her overall character theme. For PvE the bleed effect is not an issue as most missions are target-rich environments for Valkyr to feed off of. For PvP it makes triggering Hysteria a risk-vs-reward decision instead of a "you can't do anything to me for a minute" button, as being unable to find enough targets to slaughter can lead to coming out of Hysteria with less HP than you started with, or just dying outright.