Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Think We Should Get Rid Of Unwanted Kubrows?

NoeleVeerod

We should be able to change their genetic make up. I mean, with a DNA as unstable as theirs, it should be easy to tweak it at will. That way, no need to "release/kill/blend" (YOU MONSTERS!), we get to keep our Kubrows, AND we can customize them with imprints. There, problem solved, everybody happy.^^

Edited by Marthrym

Its some stupid moral code by DE, which was all well and good before U14 since they didnt want there game to show the callous destruction of a pet.

That however became mute since we are required to massacre entire colonies of feral Kubrow on earth so we can get the mods for a pet that is going to end up in permnant statis in the near future because most people will just go back to there sentinels.

Edit:- It became a stupid morality code after U14, before U14 it was a reasonable arguement for not killing off pet Kubrows

Edited by Mogwhi

Absolutely. Hell, it's going to be necessary if they want breeding for traits to ever become an actual thing (which they obviously do, as they suggested it to end up with an ideal mutt that looks the way we want it to); that and removing the hard limit of two imprints per doge.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, the breeding system's pretty much non-viable because of those two factors (and using the two imprints you can get from the same animal doesn't count as breeding in my book, as you're effectively just cloning the original). It simply isn't practical to keep every animal that has traits you don't want forever and ever until the end of time in lieu of those with traits you do want.

Seriously, most people (breeders included) aren't going to keep every puppy/kitten/whatever even when their real-life pet's the parent.

I'm against killing of pet Kubrows from a logical game view-point, nothing to do with not killing virtual space pixels.

The problem is, as mentioned, that we are slaughtering wild Kubrows by the hundreds to get mods and eggs, which just makes the whole argument moot.

I think DE needs to mess around with the idea a bit. I mean, it's like DE giving us ability to make Zanukas, "oh my god it's Tenno parts!". So? I would want a Zanuka as a game pet element, it's not "really" anything but MORE virtual pixels, and "no real Tenno was harmed in the making of my Zanuka" as it's s frigging game and you all need to get over it, but at same time, there should only be the one Zanuka, because, control collar and bad guy etc etc ...

So, recap: Would be nice if the Kubrow options were tweaked a bit, to make more in-game sense, but don't really care too much, and secondly, how much plat to play as Zanuka?

I'm against killing of pet Kubrows from a logical game view-point, nothing to do with not killing virtual space pixels.

The problem is, as mentioned, that we are slaughtering wild Kubrows by the hundreds to get mods and eggs, which just makes the whole argument moot.

I think DE needs to mess around with the idea a bit. I mean, it's like DE giving us ability to make Zanukas, "oh my god it's Tenno parts!". So? I would want a Zanuka as a game pet element, it's not "really" anything but MORE virtual pixels, and "no real Tenno was harmed in the making of my Zanuka" as it's s frigging game and you all need to get over it, but at same time, there should only be the one Zanuka, because, control collar and bad guy etc etc ...

So, recap: Would be nice if the Kubrow options were tweaked a bit, to make more in-game sense, but don't really care too much, and secondly, how much plat to play as Zanuka?

Or just give another option to search the dens for the eggs, if players are sensitive. 

After all, Kubrows sometimes attack you at random, so I think it can be justifiable self-defence under that.