Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If De Brought New Voice Talents To Warframe, Who Would You Want It To Be?

RazorTip

I made this topic to discuss potential voice talents that could be added to Warframe, just for the fun of it, and maybe as a way to 'enrich' the lore and character's personalities.

So, for starters, my suggestion would be to have Lance Henriksen, a seasoned actor renowned for his involvement with the Aliens franchise and for his gruff, deep voice that makes you shut up and listen, voice some Grineer figure, or perhaps an enigmatic being the likes of the Lotus. Or as an ancient Orokin AI, ala Ordis, to be featured in some event in the future.

Another, more light-hearted, suggestion would be to have the many folks from Rooster Teeth to provide some comedic banter to be found in Corpus or Grineer enemies, from a cinematic point of view, or maybe even as an easter egg (remember the ones found in Halo 3 and 4?) found in the radio chatter. RT is full of talented voices, and this is just me, but I think that having them aboard would be a neat addition, at least it beats listening to some slobbering Grineer with speech impediments checking VISAs over and over again.

I mean, just think of the possibilities....

Corpus side:

"Prodman! Get to those MOAs and give us cover fire!"

"Okay."

"And DON'T shoot me this time!"

"Okay." [MOAs shoot Sniper Crewman]

"GODDAMNIT, CABOOSE!"

"...wait, what was that first part again?"

Grineer side:

"I smell a trap. Or a Tenno. Or a Tenno in a trap."

"Um, Sarge, wouldn't that mean they're the ones who're trapped? 'Cuz, you know, it's the other way around."

"...shut it, Grif."

"Did that order come from Command?"

"As a matter of fact it did, and it also told my boot to report up your &#! on the double!"

Personally, I'd rather have Rooster Teeth make a cameo in the radio chatter aboard our ships, popping a few jokes here and there, perhaps even interacting with some of the bosses, like sAlad V asking Caboose for a status report, or Darvo selling illicit material to Tucker.

What do you guys think? Who would you like to lend their voice to Warframe? Leave some comments and suggestions, they're welcome.

On a related note, a question to DE, does anyone at DE watch Rooster Teeth's videos and likes their stuff?

MORGAN FREEMAN INSTEAD OF THE LOTUS

Honestly, the idea of comedic banter with the grineer/corpus isn't as good as one may think. I mean for the corpus sure, but the grineer don't seem to be the type who'd go into comedic dialogue. 

However, for voice talents:
Fred Tatasciore as the the infested enemies/bosses

and Jim Cummings as future corpus/grineer bosses.

Hmm, voice-actors isn't something I thought about.  And I hate to be the resident kill-joy, but voice-actors are expensive.  Lance Henrisksen would be great, but he's kind of high-tier.  Same could be said about Morgan Freeman, though I think he's on a much higher tier.  Don't get me wrong; these are interesting opinions, most especially Morgan Freeman, but we need to be realistic here....

....or, maybe, if you want Warframe to have Morgan Freeman as a voice-actor, start buying frequent $150 Platinum packs, because then DE can more than afford to have him as a voice-actor in this game. xD

Oh god, yes. Why didn't I think of him?

Oh god yes. I'd buy platinum packs with these voices.

And I suggest Troy Baker. Love his voice. And for comedy-Nolan North.

Why not have Nolan North voice Derf Anyo? I recall asking this a while back.

Honestly, the idea of comedic banter with the grineer/corpus isn't as good as one may think. I mean for the corpus sure, but the grineer don't seem to be the type who'd go into comedic dialogue. 

However, for voice talents:

Fred Tatasciore as the the infested enemies/bosses

and Jim Cummings as future corpus/grineer bosses.

The Grineer can be just as comedic, too, proof of that would be in some of their quotes, and if you've been here for a long time, their original voices. I do agree on bringing Tatasciore aboard, like his voice work.

Hmm, voice-actors isn't something I thought about.  And I hate to be the resident kill-joy, but voice-actors are expensive.  Lance Henrisksen would be great, but he's kind of high-tier.  Same could be said about Morgan Freeman, though I think he's on a much higher tier.  Don't get me wrong; these are interesting opinions, most especially Morgan Freeman, but we need to be realistic here....

....or, maybe, if you want Warframe to have Morgan Freeman as a voice-actor, start buying frequent $150 Platinum packs, because then DE can more than afford to have him as a voice-actor in this game. xD

Yeah, it's true that Lance Henriksen and Morgan Freeman are kinda high-tier, but Lance has plenty of experience voicing game characters, and let us not forget the folks at Rooster Teeth, they do great voice work, and they're really connected to gaming.

"Hey, leave my mother out of this."

"I think we've got him surrounded!"

"COMBAT FORMATION BRAVO."

um whenever the Two Queens of the Grineer are Introduced....Grey DeLisle has to be one of them.....sweet god yes

From the last trailer, I'd say the Queens already have a voice actor.

Arnold Schwarzanegar (however you spell it) for the Grineer!

Why not have him voice Lech Kril or Tyl Regor? Last I checked, Kril needs a better voice and Tyl Regor might need one while he's undergoing his rework.