Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Upcoming Color Customization Fix (Planned For Hotfix 14.0.9)

[DE]Steve

This is awesome! Now my colors on warframes and sentinels look exactly how I wanted them to look in the first place.

I just wish my white kubrow would have stayed white instead of getting greyish-blue/light brownish colors. I wanted a white kubrow, I got a white kubrow, but he didn't stay a white kubrow. He must have rolled around in water paint while he was in stasis...

Other than that, really great update, guys! :) Keep up the good work!

I'll be honest, this is a terrible "fix." We appreciate your efforts to bring the game more in line with your vision, but my equipment was carefully crafted to achieve a certain look, and now it's all ruined. All of it. My Warframes either look like clowns or are just black, no matter what colors I choose. I hope there will be a way to get a wide variety of saturation ranges back. Perhaps a simple button on each palette for saturated/desaturated modes.

This updated screwed up every single one of my frame themes. It was white, desaturated dark blue, and greyish black/grineer black, and unsaturated dark gold, now all of them its just saturated and the dark gold is just brownish.

Can we get an option to get the old color palette style, please?

We ARE going to get gamma versions of all palettes........ riiiiiiight?

cause with this change i somehow ended up with my light version of my colors looking like my original darker version. It's kind of funny but not everything turned out as humorous.

EnDE9zE.jpg

XSsoQ7u.jpg

My every Warframe looks like a plastic doll now. I would like to see a non-saturated version of EVERY color pack now. There was no point in this update, since we already had saturated and non-saturated versions for each color. Now every orange, for example, looks exactly the same.

If that is NOT going to happen, I want all my platinum refunded that I spent buying every damn color pack in this game.

Edited by PeanutMonster

Of course there is a downside. It’s different. You may have gotten used to being washed out. Please accept my apologies! When we agonized over the before and after of Warframes and Kubrows, we felt this change was justified and that most palettes still offered saturation choices if people wanted to use them. What you see in the picker is what you get on your item now and that correctness seems best for the future.

Could we please possibly obtain a few more "Gamma" washed out pickers to contain all the colours that were "lost"?

Great. At least last time this happened with the default color scheme, we got the desaturated one, and that new saturated one didn't look this overdone.

EVERY SINGLE COLOR now looks like latex dipped in oil along with being entirely too saturated, there are NO subtle colors left, like the golden ones in the Shamrock palette. Now it looks like brown. Every other orange now looks the same.

I thought this was a game about brutal space ninjas in a very unfriendly setting destroying everything they come across. I never thought rainbow colored "ninjas" were fitting, but hey, more customization for people who like those colors, fine with me.

Now it's a game about the side effects of LSD.

The only way to satisfy both parties now would be to make a "saturation" and "shininess" slider that could be used on every color when picking it, or give duplicate old versions of every palette to everyone who bought the colors before the hotfix, but the latter would feel wrong towards newcomers who don't like the new colors.

Edited by RaZ0R_R

I like but I don't like the Kubrow colour update, because I wanted a white one because he would fit next to my character, and I got a white 1 (well sort of as I understand). So I was happy with him until today when the colours had been changed and he now looks like somebody had put him in heavy rain and forgot to dry him, aka moldy. Can we maybe get to change colours and the patterns will be randomly chosen? Because I think people would love to make their Kubrows fit in with their Warframes. But I've got to say taht I love the work on the colours for the Warframes.

Firstly thanks for fixing a bug, we always appreciate bug fixes.

Unfortunatly the new colours throw a monkey wrench into the system because we are limited to 5 shades on alot of pallets it means we cant now get the less saturated (typically lighter) version even going from the dark end of that colour's shade line to the light end.

I've also noticed that colours seem to have less of a "glow" about them has occured in some cases due to the washed out look.

In some cases colous loose all distinguishing aspects.  For example the old black-red in the Valentine pack is simply now completly black, there isnt that subtle shade of red about it.  All other shades remotly close to that now look grey-pink, or grey-red, not black-red.

In other cases like the smoke pallet, we have many blacks that dont look like shades of grey as they did before but are all now just black.

Maybe some inspiring art team member needs to have a look and expand the colour palets to absorb those extreem shades we use to have, or cull those with next to no difference.

Edited by Loswaith

I was a little upset at first lol, I particularly put a LOT of time and effort into finding good designs for my Warframes and weapons.
But, it didn't take me too long to get it all sorted and have everything just the way it was before, so thanks!

Hi Steve,

After this change I think that it would be best to allow the player to color the Kubrow with their color palette, and the imprints be used for the other aspects such as fur type, pattern, size, gender, etc.

Goodbye Warframe, I already miss you...

Oh you're the new guy... what's your name? Clownframe?... Seriously? Man your parents must have hated you...

My Nyx looks ATROCIOUS.

My Valkyr went from extremely angry to extremely depressed. Might need to change her kit... Just saying...

My Banshee committed Soundquake suicide.

My Ash and Loki are in permanent "Invisible man" mode, they just can't take it...

Rhino perma Iron skin too...

I didn't find the strength to check on my other frames. Also, my eyes are bleeding now. Well, maybe not bleeding, but they hurt. For real.

Mirage is actually happy. She's the only one who can deal with the horribly saturated colors and not look like something colored by a 3 year old kid. Okay she does look like she was colored by a 3 year old kid, but it looks rad on her.

My Kubrows are actually happy too. They look colorful now, without looking too colorful. Though I'd like to be able to CHOOSE their colors now, because whoever or whatever algorithm decides which colors look good together on them has issues...

All in all, I'm torn between "OMAGAD MY EYES!" and "Oh look! Pwetty colors!"

I hope I'll get used to it...^^'

P.S : The new gamma palette changes nothing unfortunately...

I, for one, am quite happy with the change. It jolted me into realising how much I had been automatically adjusting for the difference in palette colour vs warframe colour, and how much I had disliked most of the warframe colours.