Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Storm Palette Ruined. Most Of The Darks Are Just Black.

Hexagoros

Have some examples of colours pre and post-change;

Warning, images.

Sgqqmb2.jpg

siNsnAv.jpg

JbvEej3.jpg

2UaAfXT.jpg

Fw2bkJ6.jpg

hWcJuEi.jpg

jeEQh9a.jpg

saxPeKP.jpg

Since all those pictures use default colours all you have to do is click default to them back and now the colours on the frames will closer match those on the pallets.

Hitting default makes them the same colour as their portraits.  The colours were fixed to match the colours on the pallets but the existing frames ended up being over-saturated because the colours had already been adjusted to compensate.  Clicking default gets them back to the colours they have always been in promotional materials and portraits.

That is, in more words, exactly what I said.

I came to adapt to most colors to be honest, finding different things and tweaking my palette to get new subtle effects. It took more than a whole hour to change everything though. Now I prefer my Trinity and Saryn's colors a lot more since they look much more vibrant without being too different.

FzzeTvM.jpg

2Pp46Mq.jpg

The issue I have, however, is with some of the colors in Storm, since this topic talks about it. My Banshee used to use two of the washed out purples in the Storm palette, and it created a nice result/contrast (you can tell the two purple apart). Currently, however, they are so dark that I have to use the lighest purple in the pack, and it's still way too dark.

If I use this "lightest" with the previous dark one, you'll barely see any difference, while taking away most details on the Warframe just like Smoke's darkest black does. I can't find any purple that matches the previous colors without being way too saturated either, so that's out of the window.

In general, I feel the changes was for the better, but I agree with a few things in terms of the bad sides of those changes.

"the issue" is yours

Respectfully I disagree ...

U14.0.9 introduced an OBJECTIVE discrepancy between the color palette and the final appearance of the in-game object(warframe, weapon, sentinel)

SUBJECTIVE judgment is not relevant to the fact that the "fix" BROKE a useful tool - the color palette itself

Individual recolorization does not correct that problem

Bottom line - DE has to fix the fix ...

To their credit, DE has emphasized game customization at ALL levels from the outset

To their credit, DE has consistently demonstrated customer responsiveness

Consequently, it is reasonable to expect that DE will redress this issue

Edited by ElHefe

Consequently, it is reasonable to expect that DE will redress this issue

If objective issue there is, issue will be fixed, no doubt about it.

Don't get mad neither pay too much importance to my words, I'm just a random person.

I just meant it's not as much awful as some replies seemed to claim it.

It seems to me that some people claim their life is ruined by the recent fix. Or that the Devs just triggered a little Warpocalypse. I think it's excessive.

Keep calm and show the facts, then DE will address them when the time will come.

^^

Good continuation, Tenno!

If it hasn't been said yet, what happened to the Tenno color pack is that they manually adjusted the gamma to try and replicate the default colors before the gamma fix.

That's why if you select default, your colors will look somewhat close to the original colors before the fix. 

I do think they over compensated though, as now the Tenno color pack is particularly washed out. Another slight tweak would easily fix this.

It seems to me that some people claim their life is ruined by the recent fix. Or that the Devs just triggered a little Warpocalypse. I think it's excessive.

Dude, no one claimed their life is ruin. 

Edited by Charismo

One by one.

Lately devs are pretty buisy fixing thing that weren't broken.

I'm patient about these occurrences but I don't want it to be written off as a non-issue when there is a problem.

Of course it's their will. They actually made the palettes, you know? ^^ These "new colors" were always what they've seen in their dev build of the game.

You guys see these new colors as "terrible" just because you were used to the old ones.

It's like when you love your old clothes, and try a new one and feel they irritate your skin and don't fit well on you.

You just need time and detachment. And then the love will come, and your opinion will change. Even though you'll still love your old clothes, you'll enjoy and use the new ones.

Yes, they make the palettes but if the artists saw different colours from the players, how come the Tenno palette was correct pre-hotfix? If they saw different colours from us, shouldn't they have been incorrect when we were able to view them? Answer is, they saw the same colours as us and the colours they intended to give us before the hotfix are now different. There could be some other complicated reason but this is my best guess when I look at the facts.

I do not speak from pure rage (I've actually been able to remake my colours) but from a feeling of unease instead. Many colours seem wrong in general as many of them are far too dark or far too bright in comparison to the swatches. An example would be the Classic palette. Many of the colours on the most left look almost black at default saturation settings.

Edited by Liacu

The warframe/sentinel colors do not match the colors on the palettes as a result of this hotfix.

not to point fingers, but before we jump off the deep end, are we looking at the presented colors with 8-bit+ IPS+ panels?

looking at these colors on low quality Panels, like TN panels, will misrepresent the colors.

while they could be too saturated, monitor representation is still a factor.

So it didn't look like the one in my linked screenshot when you clicked default?  That is a screenshot taken after I clicked default.  No changes.

Yes i clicked the default, still black. But still, there are color packs i have that helps, so i can droll over my Hayden again ^^

not to point fingers, but before we jump off the deep end, are we looking at the presented colors with 8-bit+ IPS+ panels?

looking at these colors on low quality Panels, like TN panels, will misrepresent the colors.

My monitor is 1080p so I'd say I've got a decent representation.

If objective issue there is, issue will be fixed, no doubt about it.

Don't get mad neither pay too much importance to my words, I'm just a random person.

Keep calm and show the facts, then DE will address them when the time will come.

^^

Good continuation, Tenno!

When you go from deep red in the Storm Palette to BLACK, yes, that is an issue.  That is not representative of what's there, and that's not what I paid for.

Deep dark red/deep maroon =/= Black.  So why does it in the palette?

Edited by Hexagoros

I've already proven the issue. Most people choose to ignore the problems because they like the way some of the new colors look. If DE doesn't fix a clearly problematic issue, then they might carry this kind of stuff over to other areas of the game.

My monitor is 1080p so I'd say I've got a decent representation.

Monitor resolution has no connection to Color rendering quality.

I've already proven the issue. Most people choose to ignore the problems because they like the way some of the new colors look. If DE doesn't fix a clearly problematic issue, then they might carry this kind of stuff over to other areas of the game.

i wouldn't doubt it that people will ignore things that aren't right. but i wanted to point out that many people see a different image, and everyone may or may not see the same thing.

and due to that, clawing at peoples' throats is a bit extreme. 

oh, and not to mention that almost nobody ever sets up their Monitor and GPU to represent the right colors, by sitting down with a color chart and adjusting settings.

but i'm absolutely not making excuses for a problem.

Monitor resolution has no connection to Color rendering quality.

i wouldn't doubt it that people will ignore things that aren't right. but i wanted to point out that many people see a different image, and everyone may or may not see the same thing.

and due to that, clawing at peoples' throats is a bit extreme. 

oh, and not to mention that almost nobody ever sets up their Monitor and GPU to represent the right colors, by sitting down with a color chart and adjusting settings.

but i'm absolutely not making excuses for a problem.

Your monitor should show the colors in the same way though, so regardless, the color of the swatch and the color on the frame should look the same. They currently do not.

Well before i had several colors matching the different kinds of gold from Prime weapons and Frames. Now no color seems to match at all. They are way too orange, way too green, way too yellow. I want the old colors back (except on kubrows, there the new ons look great).

If you have it, then the Halloween color pack has some good golds.